+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree332Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 5/20 Episode_ And The Winner Is.... ****SPOILERS****

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 5/20 Episode_ And The Winner Is.... ****SPOILERS****

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Yes - I agree he wanted Joan to win from the start but I could not stand Annie though so I was happy Joan won!
    I couldn't stand Annie, either. She played the game very well, but something about her just rubbed me the wrong way.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    I couldn't stand Annie, either. She played the game very well, but something about her just rubbed me the wrong way.
    I liked Annie better than Joan Rivers who by the way compared Annie to Hitler.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

To the Point

I really do think Clay should have won, however, I had a feeling that Arsenio would win. I like both. I think Arsenio is a great guy and I loved the relationship between the two of them. I just felt from very early on that the Donald was big on Arsenio. This show has never been about who really did the best job. I do think that there have been a couple that should have won and did, I just think that this is one of those shows that performance is a very small piece of the puzzle.

Monday-afternoon Trumpthoughts . . .

I do not care for Donald Trump. However my hat's off to him for several reasons after last night's show:

1. I LOVED the fact that he took a live poll and asked the fired celebrities who it was they thought was the most difficult/biggest hellraiser, etc., to work with. I was cracking up before he'd even finished the sentence, and I'm pretty sure a lot of others around the country were cracking up with me. To me, that just shows that like him or not, he AIN'T nobody's fool. He knew darn well what Lisa and Aubrey couldn't seem to grasp: That as much as they wanted to end up as last one standing --- allegedly for their charities --- they absolutely chose to dive below the bottom of the cesspool in how they did so, via their consistent poor behavior toward their peers on the show. And that was not necessary. Trump knew this, and wanted to get his own in in showing them up for what they are. So, he had the others do that live poll and, as a result, delivered the coup de grace himself to them indirectly, live, and PUBLICLY, because he, himself did not personally care for how they, as supposed ladies, comported themselves during the course of this show, either. Those two are pretty much the biggest, nastiest bitches I think I've ever seen on TV (Hell, they even made ADAM look reasonable, most times!), and probably rank among the nastiest celebs he's ever had on CA. It would have been too easy to have just let their actions speak for themselves, not touch on it at all, and allow a lot of us to reach the conclusion that most of us eventually did, about them. But Trump knew the deal and KNEW it would be more fun for their PEERS to diss them publicly. He just opened the door and stood back.

2. Trump came almost straight out of the gate in the Boardroom to put Lisa on blast about donating 10K to Clay's charity, but did it VERY subtly, and indirectly. My opinion is that he wasn't too thrilled about Lisa doing that --- ESPECIALLY since she didn't offer up a like amount (or any amount at ALL!) to HER PM for HIS charity. To donate money in that fashion to the opposing PM/team without supporting her OWN team in a likewise manner indicates a backstabbing, lowdown, two-faced individual that wouldn't hesitate to do the SAME to YOU in business dealings. And Trump knows that. BUT he's smooth and smart enough, AGAIN, to pull out his OWN knife, actually walk up to you in your face with it, and you STILL never see it coming or feel it slide in. I was ROFLMFAO when Adam made the comment that if it'd been $70 she'd donated, well, OK, BUT $10K???? And, try though she might, there was NO WAY Lisa was going to recover from that. She had personal axes to grind with the individuals she worked with on the show, and figured that anything she said or did could be covered up or glossed over by the fact that ultimately, what they were doing was to benefit worthy charities. She met her pa drunk on that one, and Trump saw to that.

3. On the stage, Trump was consistent and equally fair (as usual) in trying to give most/all of the previously-fired celebs their own moment in the sun. He doesn't HAVE to do that, but he does, and to me, because he does, that indicates that there is, indeed, an actual human being in there, somewhere.

4. This one touches on numbers 1 and 3, but specifically has to do with Dayana. Even though he (and all of us, as well) KNEW that Dayana was most likely not going to win this, Trump was also aware that Dayana had been terribly and consistently abused by Lisa (and to a lesser extent, Aubrey) during the entire course of the series up to the point she got fired. And he was ALSO aware --- as were we all --- that even in the face of all that unwarranted abuse, DAYANA DID NOT RESPOND IN KIND. I think he noted that, appreciated it, and when the shouting was all over, in a very gentlemanly way, AGAIN opened the door in order that Dayana could run on through it and give Lisa a taste of her own medicine. He KNEW that what Dayana was going to say was NOT going to be pretty, but he ALSO knew that she'd handle herself in a ladylike fashion and get her own back. Kudos to Trump. If ANYBODY deserved to take a (ladylike) swing at Lisa, that would be Dayana.

Good for HIM!!!!!
    Last edited by ness; 05-21-2012 at 03:33 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Clay was robbed and clearly deserved to win. However, the person who "deserves" to take home the crown is often passed over. Sad.

...So, he had the others do that live poll and, as a result, delivered the coup de grace himself to them indirectly, live, and PUBLICLY, because he, himself did not personally care for how they, as supposed ladies, comported themselves during the course of this show, either. Those two are pretty much the biggest, nastiest bitches I think I've ever seen on TV (Hell, they even made ADAM look reasonable, most times!), and probably rank among the nastiest celebs he's ever had on CA....
    bolding mine...

But, it was ok for Arsenio to call Aubrey the c word, among many others, during his constant tirade about her? As much as I concur that Aubrey (and Lisa) have their faults....Arsenio falls into the same category with his insulting comebacks.
    Last edited by tinderbox; 05-21-2012 at 04:43 PM.
    mesachick likes this.

I thought Clay should have won. But, WOW!, I loved that necklace Debbie Gibson was wearing. Wonder where she got that?

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    Ahhh that's probably good advice! Maybe I'll just stick with the naive, one-sided view I have of her!
    Trust me.

It is.

I've said before and will say again: On RHONJ, I believe that deep within herself, Teresa really doesn't mean any harm.

BUT, I also believe she has serious issues, and because of that, a lot of mess comes up (usually stemming from her) on RHONJ that just doesn't need to see the light of day, at ALL.

Stay with her as you know her on CA.

Really.

BTW . . Me, personally? I wouldn't refer to your view as naive, OR one-sided. This is the only show you've seen her on, so, logically, how could you be called naive or one-sided when this is the only TV arena you've ever viewed her in?

It's just the view you have of her from only seeing her here, on CA.

And that's OK, too.
    jucamer and sunnydayz like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Clay was robbed and clearly deserved to win. However, the person who "deserves" to take home the crown is often passed over. Sad.

But, it was ok for Arsenio to call Aubrey the c word, among many others, during his constant tirade about her? As much as I concur that Aubrey (and Lisa) have their faults....Arsenio falls into the same category with his insulting comebacks.
    No. I don't think I, or anybody else, ever said it was OK for Arsenio to call Aubrey what he did, or say the things he said to her.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    No. I don't think I, or anybody else, ever said it was OK for Arsenio to call Aubrey what he did, or say the things he said to her.
    But you said that the two women were the "nastiest" ever on the show. IMO, Arsenio was pretty darn nasty, as well, and he belongs in their group.

well color me surprised, I didnt even think arsenio should have been in the finale. I would have thought it more deserving if someone else made it to the finale and won even as a Clay fan, to me Arsenio was the ultimate floater. He won his tasks because IMO he let other people do the work. And as the ultimate floater he made it to the end..and won..

Im proud of Clay for raising more money, I was worried about that, because he himself said he didnt have the contacts that arsenio had...he done good.

I dont see Clay talking down to people, but he wants to win..and he wants to make sure that he is doing everything in his power to make sure things get done the way they should..when your charity is on the line, I would probably be the same way.

ah well que sera sera.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

+ Reply to Thread