+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree332Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 5/20 Episode_ And The Winner Is.... ****SPOILERS****

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 5/20 Episode_ And The Winner Is.... ****SPOILERS****

anyone know the total for the whole season that Arsenio won for the Majic Johnson Foundation?
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Another potential reason for Arsenio's win: he and Trump both had their heydays 20-25 years ago. Remember how big Arsenio was in the late '80s/early '90s? His show would often make news the next day, such as when Magic Johnson announced that he was infected with HIV and Bill Clinton played the sax during his first campaign. He was dating Paula Abdul, the It Girl at the time. Trump likely sees him as more of a peer than he does Clay.

Although I wanted Clay to win, I do hope Arsenio gets a show out of this. He was a very friendly, Merv Griffin-type host. And he definitely should keep the hair! He looked about a decade younger last night.

Clay needs to keep his current hairstyle, too. I thought it looked very classy.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Lisa is such a joke! So glad I don't have to see her face or hear her voice again. Good riddance!

I was hoping for a Clay win, and I thought that he should have won based on the final task. I found it interesting that Trump said that the money raised was not a factor. It always is a factor, until this last show. I imagine its because he knew that Clay raised triple the amount that Arsenio did, and took it out as a factor.

Anyway, they are both winners, at least in terms of getting the money for their charities.
    Annie Duke won more money and he picked Joan Rivers
    jucamer likes this.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    What talent? I thought her singing was awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just an FYI I saw on Pulse Music Board that Aubrey is releasing a new single soon written by another reality reject I'm sick of Pia Tescano.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

I'm disappointed Clay did not win. I think he deserved it. Nothing against Arsenio. I'm done with this show though. Too much drama for my taste and I don't like Donald Trump. I only watched it to see Clay. It's nice so much was raised for charity. That's always a good thing.

So with lastnight Arsenio raised a total of $522k Not a bad haul. Clay's season total was $361k. Aubrey only raised $50k with all her so called skills.
    Last edited by MsDiva2007; 05-21-2012 at 10:35 AM.
    jucamer likes this.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Regular

Maybe Aubrey has a soul after all: Aubrey, Dee Snider and Lisa Lampanelli are all performing at Debbie Gibson's fundraiser tonight for her Gibson Girl Foundation, which awards scholarships and musical educational opportunities for underprivileged children.

Catching Up With Debbie Gibson - Huntington, NY Patch

Despite Debbie's ego about her career, she does seem like a good person. That being said, no one even remotely resembling celebrity status would do an exclusive interview with AOL Patch

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Annie Duke won more money and he picked Joan Rivers
    Annie Duke was also less likeable than Joan Rivers.

Color me shocked that Clay didn't win. I didn't have a problem with Clay accepting a check from Lisa. I would take the money too. It's not exactly like Lisa is the KKK. If her check helps a few kids out then that is a win all the way around.
    I think the Trumpster has inhaled way too much hairspray. I am happy for Arsenio but I thought the main criteria for this final challenge was to raise money for their charity. Guess I am wrong. I guess it is a platform to reignite one's career.
    Why do I allow myself to get sucked back into these shows?
    mesachick likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Liked both Clay and Arsenio, but was kind of pulling for an Arsenio win not sure why but happy he won.
    Found the comedy acts a little crude in places but then again the comics doing it are known for that so if they haden't been themselves Trump probably would have said they were too soft.
    Now you will know what I think of Aubrey's singing when I say that I thought Debbie sounded 110 times better than Aubrey did. Ick who told that girl she could sing.
    I didn't so much have a problem with Lisa donating to Clay's event BUT she should have donated the same or more to Arsenio's since she was on his team. I don't blame him for being upset. Adam for all his crudeness was right if it had been like 70 dollars so what but 10,000???
    But one of the best parts of the show was how Trump basically ignored Aubrey during the live show. Only asked her 1 question I think and boosted the people around her. Loved it!!!
    tapper01 and jucamer like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I thought that at the VERY end, while all the confetti was flying and everyone EXCEPT Aubrey was huddled around Arsenio, she made her way to the back of the group, so everyone else was in front of her, and the Trumps were behind her. I heard Donald say something like, "Aubrey, aren't you going to . . . " and she responded, "No, I'm just . . . " I'm assuming it was something like "Aubrey, aren't you going to congratulate Arsenio," and she said, "No, I'm just trying to get out of here." I even replayed it with the volume turned up. I'm pretty sure on the first part, but just was assuming the second.

Did anyone else hear it?

+ Reply to Thread