+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree332Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 5/20 Episode_ And The Winner Is.... ****SPOILERS****

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 5/20 Episode_ And The Winner Is.... ****SPOILERS****

I will say they both did a great job, but Arsenio did his hometown proud tonight! Way to represent Cleveland Now if only our sports teams could pull off the big win lol.
    BuckeyeAddict and Jaceegirl like this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Aubrey keeps talking about how young she is. I mean does she really think that some younger 20 somethings find her to be young. They probably think she is some older chick trying to be youthful.
    Lizard, tapper01 and jucamer like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    Excellent point. I think Clay wanted to prove he was not the meek little nerd singer from his Idol audition and he went too far. Arsenio is just more laid back. Maybe it's that suitcase full of weed Adam mentioned last week. lol Or maybe it's his maturity and no longer feeling like he has to prove himself to everyone. I still felt like Clay was more creative and involved in every task. I like them both and really appreciated how they conducted themselves especially in the finale. Both were very gracious. This was probably the most even CA finale ever.
    Agreed.

In addition, another thing that I think might not've helped Clay is that he WAS a teacher, dealt with kids, and IS very used to talking in a certain way to THEM. I feel --- without meaning to, certainly --- he didn't/couldn't break that auto pilot manner of dealing with children that he has, which IS very good. But facts are facts: That method of communication doesn't translate well when you're dealing with adults.

JMHO.

Still like 'em both, and still would've been OK with it if he'd've won, too.

ANYBODY BUT THAT DAD-BLASTED LISA OR AUBREY!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I think with the class act that Arsenio is he would have been happy with a Clay win also. I think they have become really good friends in this whole competiton. Arsenio is very loyal to his friends and that why he has had the same group of friends for so long. Eddie Murphy,Magic, Whoopie and even Jay Leno. I think If it had been anyone else he was up against he would have broken the bank in sales. I think he wanted to win but he also wanted to see Clay have a chance also.

Aubrey and Debbie need to give up on singing they both suck.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I think it's possible Clay lost because of his political statements over the past 2 weeks. Trump is good friends with Romney anddoes fundraising for him. Clay made some very public anti-Conservative and anti-Romney statements especially since the NC gay marriage bill passed. The way I see it Clay won the show. He was more involved in every project than Arsenio, and he doubled his fundraising. Clay's event was also better. I just wonder if when it came down to it if Clay didn't seal his fate with his politics on Face The Nation and other outlets.

I'm not trying to start a political debate, but I think everyone here pretty much thought Clay won it. I personally wanted him to win because his charity needed it more. But I doubt Trump wanted to give him a platform to spew more politics on the CA winner talk show tour.

And before anyone points it out, yes Arsenio is also Democrat and pro-Obama, but he's not been in the media spewing about it the past 2 weeks.
    I have to say I don't think Clay's politics factored in - even in the realm of gay marriage. From what I've read he said he wasn't happy with the decision but he respected people's right to make those choices. To me that's a fair statement - especially since Face The Nation is usually seen as the liberal counter to some of the FOX network shows.

Also, given that there were several contestants here who were either gay or play for gay charities, if Trump made the decision based on that there's be at least four people upset (George Takai, Clay, Aubrey and Lisa).

Plus, Trump also recently put his personal opinion aside to allow that transsexual queen in Canada be eligible to compete for Miss Universe.

All this aside, for all his faults (and he has many IMHO) Trump is smart enough to know for the most part to not make a choice based on things outside the realm of the competition. (The exceptions I would say dare be Joan Rivers' QUITTING and yet allowing her to win, and Obviously Kim Kardashian's firing for having a DUI.) I don't think Clay lost because of this.

I think the telling point is that he raised more money than Arsenio, and it was obvious to me that Trump looked like he wanted to declare both winners but couldn't, gave it to Arsenio so they'd have almost the same totals raised.

And I agree with others that maybe Trump let Arsenio win so he has a chance at getting another variety/talk show again because he'd be a very good challenge against Leno and Letterman (I think he'd have a fight against Craig Ferguson, but not as much because he's a late-night host).

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

I'm not sure you got what I was saying. I was saying Clay may have lost because he was so vocal in the past 2 weeks. He made statements against Romney and other conservatives. None of the other contestants have been so openly political. With Romney being a good buddy of Trump's, I wondered if Trump took that into consideration.

I don't think Clay lost because he was gay and he may not have even lost because he spoke out so much in the previous 2 weeks. I just wondered if it might have factored in. I actually am not sure Trump is anti-gay marriage or anti-gay period. I just think he is fairly party loyal and might not want a spokesman of his organization being so openly critical of his political buddies, especially in an election year.

I hope that's not why he lost. It's just hard for me to imagine why he did. He raised more money, put on a better event, and did not go down the crude road when he had a say. His final answer may have also played in as that is the first time I saw a lack of eloquence in his speaking. There were a few too many um's and not enough substance in his answer.

Regardless, I still think Trump made the wrong call. But that's not the first time either. In all reality Annie (as much as I dislike her) should have won, as should Holly. I didn't want either of them to win but I know on merit they earned it. I did agree with Piers beating Trace even though I liked Trace so much better. I also agreed with John beating Marlee because John was one of the most impressive CA contestants ever IMO. This one was a close race, and I like them both. I still thought Clay took it and I'd love to know why Trump didn't give it to him.
    Shoepie, mesachick and AZChristian like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Any other season, Clay would have won. The Hair and tribe were greeted upon arrival at Clay's event, but weren't at Arsenio's. Trump would have previously taken into account the sleeziness of Arsenio's show as opposed to Clay's clean entertainment. The usual issue Trump pays a lot of attention too weren't even mentioned. I'm so glad Arsenio is a great guy...so congrats to him, even though Clay probably should have won.
    Shoepie and AZChristian like this.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

FORT Fogey

I thought that Clay was going to win. I thought his final project was better than Arsenio's. Arsenio just had drinks at his party... Clay had a carnival, he had games. The carnival was Aubrey's idea, but it showed imagination. Clay raised three times as much money. The jokes on Arsenio's team were crude. And, the finale was too long. Also, I've read that some of the drama in the final project is fake. When Magic Johnson was facing to the side, I thought it was manufactured. A director from New York could have told him not to face the camera when he talked to create drama for the finale. Why would anyone not face a camera when they are talking to a camera?
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 05-21-2012 at 02:36 AM.

After watching this Clay should never had said he had no problem with not winning as a project manager. Annie Duke won more money than Joan Rivers yet she loss. I think Trumplikes winners and Arsenio won his tasks and Clay did not. Clay wasn't bothered by that and The Trump was.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

JADEWARLOCK may be correct. The win might be helpful to a late night show bid. I see Arsenio has eyebrows now. He looks good....and can sing.

Clays hair looked good in the finale. Hope he does not go back to that other do. It makes me think of Chuckie. Clay turned it out...consistent job through and through. Awesome!

Bet we see Aubrey in the future. I do NOT Like seeing Aubrey step on people. I like seeing her being kind to others and seeing her talent shine. If she goes the bitch route, people will have no need for her.
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread