+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 5/13 Episode_AND THEN THERE WERE TWO ****SPOILERS****

FORT Fogey

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 5/13 Episode_AND THEN THERE WERE TWO ****SPOILERS****

I have always like Aubrey and see her as a creative and productive asset. She is a little to bouncy but she contributes more than she disrupts in the long run.

Clay is wise to use Aubry to set up the room, she is the best candidate for that job. However it is unfortunate because she cannot take part in the signing end of things. Her ideas and voice far surpass Gibson. Why on earth is Clay okaying those old timey songs? Let Dee do something he feels comfortable with. Surely he can pull something out of his bag that would be close to appropriate! They need current songs. Clay, sing your most current upbeat song, Debbie do something from this decade!

Surely the artist could messenger over some photos of previous work to let Clay know the quality of her work. Aubrey seems to know this. I do get why he wants to see it though. I can hear Trump now. Why didn't you approve the mural design, it was terrible!

I am tired of hearing about Magic. That piece with him talking to the side was hysterical! Camera left. Adam failed to communicate big time.

Unless he fails miserably, this is Clay's to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Trump told her that JR and Marley said she was transparent. Then Trump himself said she was transparent. She rejected it so quickly, she didn’t even realize who said it, because she said “**** whoever said I’m transparent.”
    She didn't even know what they meant by transparent! I don't know what she was trying to say she thought it was but it was pretty clear they meant how unsubtle she was with her strategies and plans on CA. I was really disappointed she didn't make the finals because I thought she did deserve it over those two guys but really wish she'd grow up and learn from the criticism. She's fantastic now and imagine how much more she could be if she was introspective.
    dbdoll and J.D. like this.

I recorded to watch later, but did see portions. I'm glad to see Clay in the finale. I'm rooting for our hometown boy.

I did see them discussing the money raising. Is Clay doing okay with it? I would think Arsenio would have more high dollar celeb friends than Clay, however, I do wonder if Clay has arranged a LARGE donation from his baby's mama's brother, David Foster. He's VERY successul in the music industry. Did Clay mention him? I would expect Clay to have a large donation from him. Just speculating. Of course, Arsenio could have a dozen like him.

A few random thoughts:

--Though I called an Aubrey/Clay final two, I think Trump could not have picked her because a) she doesn't get along with anyone but Lisa, so how can she lead a team?, and b) she's a micromanager.

--I loved Clay's interaction with the kids. He wasn't all 100% warm and fuzzy--he acted like a real teacher.

--Both Aubrey and Debbie are proving they can't work for anyone else...how can they think they have a case over this wall-painting business? Clay is right--it's his task to lose, and he has to know what's going on the wall. He hasn't seen any of this painter's work, and I don't think being part of Debbie Gibson's family guarantees artistic talent. By a long shot.

--Arsenio is SO screwed...it'll be interesting to see how he gets out of this. I have to admit I've squirmed a little over how he's kowtowed to Magic Johnson, who, as Adam pointed out, should be busting HIS ass to help Arsenio out. It is not a huge favor to do 10 seconds of airtime for your own charity!
    Shoepie likes this.

Why, oh why, is Debbie Gibson still on my television screen???
    tapper01 likes this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    A few random thoughts:

--Though I called an Aubrey/Clay final two, I think Trump could not have picked her because a) she doesn't get along with anyone but Lisa, so how can she lead a team?, and b) she's a micromanager.

--I loved Clay's interaction with the kids. He wasn't all 100% warm and fuzzy--he acted like a real teacher.

--Both Aubrey and Debbie are proving they can't work for anyone else...how can they think they have a case over this wall-painting business? Clay is right--it's his task to lose, and he has to know what's going on the wall. He hasn't seen any of this painter's work, and I don't think being part of Debbie Gibson's family guarantees artistic talent. By a long shot.

--Arsenio is SO screwed...it'll be interesting to see how he gets out of this. I have to admit I've squirmed a little over how he's kowtowed to Magic Johnson, who, as Adam pointed out, should be busting HIS ass to help Arsenio out. It is not a huge favor to do 10 seconds of airtime for your own charity!
    Arsenio does seem screwed. But he looked pretty darned happy in the previews, and confident it's his to win. I'm guessing there are multiple recordings of Magic, and they saw the recording from the side first. Why would Magic talk to anything but a camera? Surely the camera that he was speaking to was recording. So either they sent the wrong recording, or they sent multiple recordings and the guys didn't know it (or were talked into pretending they didn't know for drama). Or maybe Magic ended up flying in to speak in person.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Don't they often make one of the contestants look like they have no chance of winning due to some problem, but then Poof! Problem is solved, tragedy diverted and then they win. I will say that Clay needs this win more than Arsenio on several levels.
    redsox girl likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Arsenio does seem screwed. But he looked pretty darned happy in the previews, and confident it's his to win. I'm guessing there are multiple recordings of Magic, and they saw the recording from the side first. Why would Magic talk to anything but a camera? Surely the camera that he was speaking to was recording. So either they sent the wrong recording, or they sent multiple recordings and the guys didn't know it (or were talked into pretending they didn't know for drama). Or maybe Magic ended up flying in to speak in person.
    I think the people who made the video thought that Magic was supposed to be talking to Arsenio on a split screen, thus the side view. I have a hunch there was enough time to redo it.

They are also making us think that Clay is not paying attention to fund raising. He wants to win VERY badly and I assume he has that covered. I wonder what will be said about Lisa donating to Clay's charity!
    Debb70 likes this.

I think the clips are misleading.

I totally agree with Clay. Debbie must intimidate the blonde headed guy and Penn. If he had to substitute Debbie out, he has Aubrey right there to sing.
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

I think it was Arsenio or Adam who commented during the brainstorming about the mindset of anyone who has been in a pitch meeting. That really hit home with me, and explained the effectiveness of some players, and the distracting behavior of others. There are so many comedians/writers in the group that I would imagine they all think that everyone knows how the process works where people just throw out ideas, have them get shot down, and build on them. I think that experience explains why Penn so often announced why an idea was not good, without suggesting right away how to fix it. It was his way of saying "Let's not move on right now, can we talk about this some more". It also explains why Aubrey so often steam rolled past everyone with her ideas. Once she came up with something and was happy with it, she was ready to take action. She wasn't patient enough (or perhaps humble enough) to realize that someone else may come up with a BETTER idea! I also thought it was really really funny when she showed that she had no idea what it meant to be transparent.

+ Reply to Thread