+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 5/13 Episode_AND THEN THERE WERE TWO ****SPOILERS****

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 5/13 Episode_AND THEN THERE WERE TWO ****SPOILERS****

arsenio and aubrey have been going to battle..arsenio on the talk shows and aubrey on her twitter, and so John Rich and Marlee Matlin endorsed Clay in their twitters based on the fact that he is the one focused on his charity instead of bashing the other contestants..not that it matters, but it is interesting.

maybe I was wrong about the fundraising being an edit, cause Clay said in an interview that he had to get creative with his fundraising admitting that he didnt have the contacts that arsenio did. I still think he will do fine, Clay has a gala for the national inclusion project every year and does an auction and is always able to raise quite a bit of money, but I dont know how he would use that method on the show...im interested to hear.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I think Activist/activism is a silly word...something that today's society has adopted as an "it" word...for now...soon something else will replace it.
    To me, it means something that people have been doing all thru time....getting involved with the community
    The word activism has been around in this particular usage since the 1920's, so, nearly 100 years. Prior to that it has more philosophical usage, but language is a living thing and thanks for that, or we'd all be speaking like with Wife of Bath and I couldn't use the word "access" as a verb. Activism tends to describe more street level, community work for change. An activist tends to be the face of focus, public figure advocating for change. And in that regard, Clay absolutely is an activist.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Did anyone see Clay on Face The Nation Sunday. Here's the link. He was discussing his support for gay marriage. Last week, NC voted on an amendment to make same sex marriage unconstitutional. (It's already illegal here.) And Clay lives in NC.

I hope this does not hurt his chances of winning. I know the Donald is Republican, but I don't know his position on gay rights and marriage.

This link will not allow embedding. You will have to wait through the first guest to see Clay. He looked great!

Perkins: "This is about more than just marriage" - YouTube
    Donald is a "fake" republican and has drastically changed his views over the years to cater to the far-right voters. He believes that marriage is between one woman and one man, but there is an interview out there from 2000 in which he states that he favours a "strong domestic-partnership law" Now he thinks just the opposite.

Still, I don't think that would hurt Clay's chance at winning. Personally, I think it all comes down to the money for DT. So he can brag about how much money was raised.

arsenio and aubrey have been going to battle..arsenio on the talk shows and aubrey on her twitter, and so John Rich and Marlee Matlin endorsed Clay in their twitters based on the fact that he is the one focused on his charity instead of bashing the other contestants..not that it matters, but it is interesting.
    Is Arsenio bashing Aubrey? If so, that doesn't look good on him. I'll have to go see what's being said.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213