+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 5/13 Episode_AND THEN THERE WERE TWO ****SPOILERS****

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 5/13 Episode_AND THEN THERE WERE TWO ****SPOILERS****

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    My short-lived happiness at Aubrey being fired was dashed tonight, just moments after. Really dislike listening to that girl. Laughed at her response to being picked last, something about "haters continuing to hate." yeah, keep believing that Aubrey, they're just Haters....not people who really can't stand you and don't want to work with you!
    (I'm not going to get into the overuse of the Hater/Hate word...now's not the time)

As for the Clay/Debbie situation, I think it's just revved up for the viewers....In this age, how about email, fax...just to name the basics..to show Clay the design? It just shouted Drama to me.
    And most likely, as many pointed out, the tape of Magic Johnson will somehow be remedied. Another Show Drama instance.

I rant and rave to my DH while watching this show, then I have to stop and remind myself I'm watching a bunch of Giant Inflated Egos that have personalities that need to always be in the limelight, seeking attention....any attention....any way they can.

And that my dear, is what makes this show such fun to watch!
    cablejockey and Dragonlady like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Srsly View Post
    Clay is an activist and has been for years. He is the celebrity Spokesman for GLSEN (ironic considering that Aubrey tried to set herself up that way. Clay has represented GLSEN since last year when he appeared before Congress to push for inclusion of LGBT students in the anti-bullying in schools legislation.

He is the UNICEF Ambassador of Education for All Children World Wide and has appeared before Congress on behalf of UNICEF to ask for more funding for relief of children in crisis areas

He is a regular at GLAAD events and was the keynote speaker at the Human Rights Campaign convention in Feb 2010. He is an Honoree of The Family Equality council and supports their efforts whenever he can, including last week when he performed and gave a short speech at their annual awards ceremonies & gala.

His appearance on Face The Nation, CNN News, Showbiz Tonight and Piers Morgan in the past week may have lost him the Apprentice win because his views are in opposition to Trumps political views and that worries me.
    Thanks for the info. Clay has also been vocal about his displeasure with the course Wake County, NC, school board was going. I read that he actually moved from his Wake County mansion in protest to live in Chapel Hill, NC, but I can't find a link for it now. Here's a link about the school board issue.

Clay Aiken and Wake County Schools : News-Record.com : Greensboro & the Triad's most trusted source for local news and analysis

I think making it look like Clay is having a fundraising problem is part of the edit...

I hate editing. Last night when we saw Clay criticize Penn AGAIN for being “negative” it just burned me, especially when it turned out that Penn only did that because he knew there was a better way to promote the cause. Then somebody on this forum said that Clay tweeted that his comment about Penn being negative was from earlier in the season. Why did they want people, like me, to like Clay less? Does that have any bearing on the outcome? Surely Trump knows who won. How does he like the winner and the loser to be painted? Or does that change from season to season?
    im guessing it was because penn and clay had friction in the past, and they wanted some for tv viewing pleasure at the finale..since it appears there wasnt any real friction, they fabricated some. Im learning a lot about editing from watching the contestants tweet..such as, some of the confessionals used for certain episodes are from past episodes...
    Last edited by srs_in_Oregon; 05-16-2012 at 12:17 PM.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

I suspect the screw up with the filming of Magic Johnston was staged for drama. It seemed that way to me.
    Shoepie likes this.

I think that any camera person would have figured out that having Magic not facing the camera isn't the shot they want I am sure there is another shot. But I did laugh out loud when it happened. :-)
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    [/B]

And that my dear, is what makes this show such fun to watch!
    Exactly! Why else would we watch if it didn't produce such emotion?? And it explains why I watch so many shows with wackos.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I did see Clay on Face the Nation. The identification copy read he is a " singer and activist". I didn't realize he is considered an activist, unless that was just their way of explaining his participation in the panel discussion. I am not comfortable with the activist designation. The designation is almost always perceived as negative because it conveys advocacy for or opposition to something. While one can be active for a cause, such as a Charity ... I can't help but associate "activist" with militancy, demonstrators and protesters. I hope that doesn't end up boding poorly for him on CA or in the future.

By the way, he did look great, and was well spoken. I wonder if he is considering going into politics.
    That's funny, because I don't mind the activist designation one bit! To me, I think courage... it takes guts to try to change things. I'll bet that despite Clay saying how much he wants to win this show, I'm sure he would care less about winning in comparison to what he is fighting for. And I'm on the sidelines cheering for him more because he's an activist than because he's a competitor on this ratty tv show.
    BlondeOne likes this.

The more I think about it, the more I realize how right you guys are that said it's more likely than not that Clay and Arsenio's seemngly-last-minute team crises are the result of Trump/producer manipulations. We've ALL been there and done that with this show.

That STILL doesn't mean that if I were Arsenio, I wouldn't put in a Hail Mary call to Magic! Me, I'd rather be safe, than sorry! I'd take the heat later on for being punked if I had to, but I wouldn't leave an untied shoestring untied, either, just in case I might step on it being in a hurry and hit the floor!

And we ALL know how much The Hair loves drama and likes to stir up crap. Shoot, we've watched him do that in the Boardroom, each and every week. He wouldn't break form just because its the finale.
    jucamer likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    That's funny, because I don't mind the activist designation one bit! To me, I think courage... it takes guts to try to change things. I'll bet that despite Clay saying how much he wants to win this show, I'm sure he would care less about winning in comparison to what he is fighting for. And I'm on the sidelines cheering for him more because he's an activist than because he's a competitor on this ratty tv show.
    That is interesting, because I like that he is using his celebrity to champion worthwhile albeit some controversial causes. I just have a problem with the word/designation activist because of the possible negative perception. I want to see the guts and courage of people taking on the challenge seen as positive.

Again the word activism brings me a mental picture of people in the streets carrying signs and being teargassed by the police.
    I'll have to think about what word I would use to replace it ... but for now, probably ... advocate.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    That is interesting, because I like that he is using his celebrity to champion worthwhile albeit some controversial causes. I just have a problem with the word/designation activist because of the possible negative perception. I want to see the guts and courage of people taking on the challenge seen as positive.

Again the word activism brings me a mental picture of people in the streets carrying signs and being teargassed by the police.
    I'll have to think about what word I would use to replace it ... but for now, probably ... advocate.
    I think Activist/activism is a silly word...something that today's society has adopted as an "it" word...for now...soon something else will replace it.
    To me, it means something that people have been doing all thru time....getting involved with the community..It's something we all need...people to step up, help people make changes for the betterment of the community. I think it's more likely (prior to the present time) usually someone who was a volunteer.
    I think most of us have done so sometime in our life. I know I have and I usually prefer not to get into any public stuff.

oops, hope I didn't go off thread and break any rules here.
    ness and Shoepie like this.

+ Reply to Thread