+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 5/13 Episode_AND THEN THERE WERE TWO ****SPOILERS****

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 5/13 Episode_AND THEN THERE WERE TWO ****SPOILERS****

Did anyone see Clay on Face The Nation Sunday. Here's the link. He was discussing his support for gay marriage. Last week, NC voted on an amendment to make same sex marriage unconstitutional. (It's already illegal here.) And Clay lives in NC.

I hope this does not hurt his chances of winning. I know the Donald is Republican, but I don't know his position on gay rights and marriage.

This link will not allow embedding. You will have to wait through the first guest to see Clay. He looked great!

Perkins: "This is about more than just marriage" - YouTube

I don't have a source handy, but I think Trump is gay-friendly in his views. More importantly, any Clay exposure potentially helps with ratings!
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I have a feeling that in the first five minutes of the show on Sunday, we're going to find out that Magic Johnson has always enjoyed playing pranks on Arsenio, so he filmed his part looking off camera to freak Arsenio out, and then behind that they sent the RIGHT video with him looking at the camera. They tried hard setting it up with Adam talking about how his crew is really a podcast crew. But Magic has filmed too many things on video to not realize where the camera is he needs to look at!
    Interesting thought, and you could be right or maybe it's even Adam's prank
    If it's not a prank and there;s no time to fly Magic in ... I would simply do the beginning of it, where he catches the ball and the do the rest of his speaking as a voice over with footage of appropriate things such as people getting the benefits if the foundation.

It does "look" better for an Arsenio win. That could be editing but Arsenio's team seems to be more cohesive than Clay's. Clay seems a little more stressed and especially he has that sniveling Debbie Gibson. But for some reason, to me anyway, DT seems to favor Arsenio. We shall see.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Did anyone see Clay on Face The Nation Sunday. Here's the link. He was discussing his support for gay marriage. Last week, NC voted on an amendment to make same sex marriage unconstitutional. (It's already illegal here.) And Clay lives in NC.

I hope this does not hurt his chances of winning. I know the Donald is Republican, but I don't know his position on gay rights and marriage.

This link will not allow embedding. You will have to wait through the first guest to see Clay. He looked great!

I did see Clay on Face the Nation. The identification copy read he is a " singer and activist". I didn't realize he is considered an activist, unless that was just their way of explaining his participation in the panel discussion. I am not comfortable with the activist designation. The designation is almost always perceived as negative because it conveys advocacy for or opposition to something. While one can be active for a cause, such as a Charity ... I can't help but associate "activist" with militancy, demonstrators and protesters. I hope that doesn't end up boding poorly for him on CA or in the future.

By the way, he did look great, and was well spoken. I wonder if he is considering going into politics.

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I did see Clay on Face the Nation. The identification copy read he is a " singer and activist". I didn't realize he is considered an activist, unless that was just their way of explaining his participation in the panel discussion. I am not comfortable with the activist designation. The designation is almost always perceived as negative because it conveys advocacy for or opposition to something. While one can be active for a cause, such as a Charity ... I can't help but associate "activist" with militancy, demonstrators and protesters. I hope that doesn't end up boding poorly for him on CA or in the future.

By the way, he did look great, and was well spoken. I wonder if he is considering going into politics.
    Sorry to quote myself ... but I just saw an article with photo about Clay's appearance ... and it is very interesting. The article is on advocate dot com and I believe if you search on his name you'll find the article. Again my apologies for no link, but I am not sure if that is considered a legitimate site to link, and in order to avoid a mistake ... I just don't link or quote anything.

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Sorry to quote myself ... but I just saw an article with photo about Clay's appearance ... and it is very interesting. The article is on advocate dot com and I believe if you search on his name you'll find the article. Again my apologies for no link, but I am not sure if that is considered a legitimate site to link, and in order to avoid a mistake ... I just don't link or quote anything.
    I saw this, too. Looks like they were questioning whether he'd go into politics as well!

I find the "activist" label kind of irritating. Unless someone is doing this stuff full time, why can't they be simply a concerned citizen expressing an opinion on a matter?

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I have a feeling that in the first five minutes of the show on Sunday, we're going to find out that Magic Johnson has always enjoyed playing pranks on Arsenio, so he filmed his part looking off camera to freak Arsenio out, and then behind that they sent the RIGHT video with him looking at the camera. They tried hard setting it up with Adam talking about how his crew is really a podcast crew. But Magic has filmed too many things on video to not realize where the camera is he needs to look at!

Arsenio and Magic have a history of playing jokes on each other. they have for years.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Clay is an activist and has been for years. He is the celebrity Spokesman for GLSEN (ironic considering that Aubrey tried to set herself up that way. Clay has represented GLSEN since last year when he appeared before Congress to push for inclusion of LGBT students in the anti-bullying in schools legislation.

He is the UNICEF Ambassador of Education for All Children World Wide and has appeared before Congress on behalf of UNICEF to ask for more funding for relief of children in crisis areas

He is a regular at GLAAD events and was the keynote speaker at the Human Rights Campaign convention in Feb 2010. He is an Honoree of The Family Equality council and supports their efforts whenever he can, including last week when he performed and gave a short speech at their annual awards ceremonies & gala.

His appearance on Face The Nation, CNN News, Showbiz Tonight and Piers Morgan in the past week may have lost him the Apprentice win because his views are in opposition to Trumps political views and that worries me.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

Trump is against gay marriage.

My short-lived happiness at Aubrey being fired was dashed tonight, just moments after. Really dislike listening to that girl. Laughed at her response to being picked last, something about "haters continuing to hate." yeah, keep believing that Aubrey, they're just Haters....not people who really can't stand you and don't want to work with you!
    (I'm not going to get into the overuse of the Hater/Hate word...now's not the time)

As for the Clay/Debbie situation, I think it's just revved up for the viewers....In this age, how about email, fax...just to name the basics..to show Clay the design? It just shouted Drama to me.
    And most likely, as many pointed out, the tape of Magic Johnson will somehow be remedied. Another Show Drama instance.

I rant and rave to my DH while watching this show, then I have to stop and remind myself I'm watching a bunch of Giant Inflated Egos that have personalities that need to always be in the limelight, seeking attention....any attention....any way they can.
    Shoepie and Living like this.

+ Reply to Thread