+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 5/6 Episode_Blown Away ****SPOILERS****

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 5/6 Episode_Blown Away ****SPOILERS****

Quote Originally Posted by socalledchaos View Post
    For anyone who is interested, here's an interview I did with Paul Teutel Sr. about his 27 years of sobriety.

The Sober Apprentice | The Fix
    Good interview! I'd never watched his other shows, but he seemed like a decent guy on CA. I don't think he'd have been as successful if he had continued drinking, so good on him for reaping the rewards of a life-changing decision.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01
    I think it will be between Clay (who can raise money from the entertainment world) and Arsenio (who can raise money from the NBA world and also entertainment) and who can Aubrey raise money from???
    That creepy old guy Farouk?
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by socalledchaos View Post
    Was I the only one who found the way Lisa played that model negotiation with Teresa to be really funny? I was hoping to see more of that side of her on this show. And even though it doesn't come close to negating her behavior this season, I did appreciate how gracefully she accepted being fired.
    I sure didn't find that "negotiation session" funny, just another means for Lisa to be pushy, bossy, mean, belittling, etc.... It made me uncomfortable. There really was no need to be so difficult/stubborn and hold out like she did; if she wanted to give Teresa a hard time for the "fun" of it, she should have at least given in eventually because it really didn't matter to her about the red-headed model. Lisa was just taking advantage of a weaker person, for no other reason than to feel more important and powerful. The stakes were not that high to play the negotiations to that extent, in my opinion.

I am SO very glad that big-mouth is out of the running for CA, but I'm not looking forward to seeing her return to help in the final task next week. She makes me sick. When JR said she's good at making people either like her or dislike her and he stated that as a strength, I really wondered why that would be seen as a good thing? Being cruel is a strength? Preying on the weak for no reason at all, is a character trait to be admired? Yes, people form strong opinions about her, but being severely disliked is good in some way? I don't get it. She's an awful, horrible person - and from the way it sounds she's perpetuating that image even now since the show's airing, and is not apologetic for any of her actions or words. I used to be a marginal fan thinking she was funny before, but now since I've seen this show, I would never consider myself a fan or ever go see her shows, no matter what.

I agree with one of the above posters who enjoys Aubrey as a player. Not as a person, but in the context of this show, she is more entertaining and less stomach-turning than Lisa. I have to give her credit for doing so much; she's really got tons of ideas and speaks well - not like poor Teresa! She is very superficial and insincere, though, and I would never want to be her friend. She talks so much smack to the camera - to be funny? Who knows, but it shows how immature and conceited she is. I'm not sure how I'd feel if she makes the final two, much less wins.... It would be hard to see certain bad behaviors rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    She said do you know how much money that is after I get my cut? What? She never said after that just kidding, she was serious. Whats up with that? Since when do they take a cut of the money they win? never heard of that. Or does she just think she does?
    I'm almost certain I heard someone else make that same joke in an earlier episode; not sure if it was Lisa or not.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeOne View Post
    A bunch of horny men?
    I'd like to add that they should also be deaf or hard of hearing ....who could listen to that woman for very long??

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Didn't get to see much of the first hour, but at least I got to see the best part, Lisa getting fired. Better late than never I guess.

Seeing John & Marlee again reminds me of why this year has been so underwhelming. Unless the F2 pull in some serious cash on the last task, this crop of celebrities hasn't raised much compared to their season. Paul & Dee raised the most so far.
    I haven't posted as I end up watching this show later, but I so agree with you JunkieGirl about this year being so underwhelming. I thought last year's clebrities were so great and were all about winning money for their charities. There was no one like Rich and Marlee and I don't see that same type of personalty with this group. I was so happy to see that loud mouth of Lisa's gone from my TV and I so hope Aubrey is the next. I thoroughly enjoyed last year. Some have been okay, but between Lisa's mouth and Aubrey with her me, me, me attitude (of course Lisa had that as well) this has not been nearly as good for me.
    ness and AZChristian like this.

Last year there were more trainwrecks.

TrainWrecks

Meat Loaf
    Star Jones
    La Toya Jackson
    NeNe Leakes
    Gary Busey
    Richard Hatch
    Dionne Warwick

Filler

Hope Dworaczyk
    Mark McGrath
    Jose Conseco
    Niki Taylor
    Lisa Rinna
    David Cassidy

Contenders

John Rich
    Marlee Matlin
    Lil Jon

This year we have more contenders and fewer trainwrecks.

Trainwrecks

Aubrey O'Day
    Lisa Lampanelli
    Teresa Giudice
    Lou Ferrigno

Filler

Dayana Mendoza
    Debbie Gibson
    Patricia Velásquez
    Tia Carrere
    Michael Andretti
    Adam Carolla
    George Takei
    Victoria Gotti
    Cheryl Tiegs

Contenders

Clay Aiken
    Arsenio Hall
    Penn Jillette
    Paul Teutul, Sr.
    Dee Snider
    Last edited by Srsly; 05-12-2012 at 03:55 PM.
    ness likes this.

I like this season . I think I stopped watching it last year.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Thank you for supplying those preview clips for us all season Srsly I like your list too.

FM ... I like this season as well and it appears that the finalists will have to star themselves ... and that may be a clue. Aubrey singing versus Clay singing would be a no brainer, because who would buy a ticket to hear Aubrey? I think it might be a singing show versus a comedy skit.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I have to say that, appalling though they may be, Aubrey and Lisa could very well fill two spots - trainwreck and contender. It was just a matter of which element would have the upper hand - their intelligence, creativity and work ethic, or their vicious, egocentric personalities.
    Shoepie likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I haven't posted as I end up watching this show later, but I so agree with you JunkieGirl about this year being so underwhelming. I thought last year's clebrities were so great and were all about winning money for their charities. There was no one like Rich and Marlee and I don't see that same type of personalty with this group. I was so happy to see that loud mouth of Lisa's gone from my TV and I so hope Aubrey is the next. I thoroughly enjoyed last year. Some have been okay, but between Lisa's mouth and Aubrey with her me, me, me attitude (of course Lisa had that as well) this has not been nearly as good for me.
    My favorite season was with Brett & Holly in the finale. Brett going through so much and coming out on top was just awesome - I cried like a baby!

+ Reply to Thread