+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 5/6 Episode_Blown Away ****SPOILERS****

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 5/6 Episode_Blown Away ****SPOILERS****

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    I didn't think his apology was sincere. He gave excuses for his behavior (his charity meant so much to him) but he didn't say anything to take back what he said. And he made it pretty clear that he meant what he said.
    And Aubrey accepted the apology and said in the PI basically that she didn't mean it. So... I still don't feel sympathy toward her.

She also has been caught in several lies, which Arsenio still points out.

Finally, her actions reflect worse on her charity (which BTW is anti-bullying), more than Arsenio's have.
    tapper01 likes this.

I don't usually get worked up about "ageism," but Aubrey's constant comments were really offensive. She knows aging is the kiss of death in the entertainment industry, for the most part, so she kept hammering people--and not just Arsenio--where it hurts.

Funny thing is, she's getting a little long in the tooth herself for her "career"--pop ingenue and Maxim model. So a lot of her vitriol is probably out of insecurity. Not that I care--hope it comes back to bite her hard!
    tapper01 and jucamer like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stump

In this task they didn't lose because of the stuff she did they lost because of the stuff that didn't happen. Specifically, adding descriptions of what the hair dryer does. Hard to blame the person who came up with everything else for not doing everything. Arsenio and Theresa should have noticed it needed more wording.

Really surprised at all the hate on this board towards Lisa and Aubrey. I'm not used to fortv being so extremely nasty towards contestants. Glad Lisa is gone but I think Aubrey is going to final 2. To pick Arsenio over her would be wrong. He's a great supporting worker but he hasn't been a leader. Despite all her flaws Aubrey is clearly the best suited to be in the final 2 of the three remaining. Plus she's gorgeous so that has to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by jucamer
    Did you watch the show? I believe all is fair here as long as it's towards the reality show contestants - not against each other....
    Totally, and it's not just here, it's everywhere! The Aubrey and Lisa reaction is pretty much a consensus across all the boards... and it's simply a response to their behaiour on the show.
    ness likes this.

Really surprised at all the hate on this board towards Lisa and Aubrey. I'm not used to fortv being so extremely nasty towards contestants.
    Really? Then you've apparently never spent time in the Big Brother threads. Or Survivor. Or DWTS. Or ANTM. Or...
    ness, FireWoman, Allie and 5 others like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    I don't usually get worked up about "ageism," but Aubrey's constant comments were really offensive. She knows aging is the kiss of death in the entertainment industry, for the most part, so she kept hammering people--and not just Arsenio--where it hurts.

Funny thing is, she's getting a little long in the tooth herself for her "career"--pop ingenue and Maxim model. So a lot of her vitriol is probably out of insecurity. Not that I care--hope it comes back to bite her hard!
    Arsenio is 56 ... and Donald Trump is 65. So if Arsenio is "old" to her, then she must think Trump is ancient. Her implications were that age made him (Arsenio) useless/incompetent. I doubt that Trump will feel good about someone who thinks he (Trump) is past his prime. Her attitude is disrespectful. Remember JR saying she was trying to play him? I think Trump might come close to the same conclusion.

I also want to add that I find some of the words used to criticize less offensive than others ... and it has to do with whether it can be changed.

Demeaning someone because you think they are old is something the person you are criticizing can't change about themselves. Arsenio is 56 and he can't make himself any younger.

If Aubrey is the W-word ... and calling her that makes her realize that some people think that of her ... then she can change that perception. She's 28 and has plenty of time to do that before she's "old".
    JunkieGirl, jucamer and iwatchtv like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Really surprised at all the hate on this board towards Lisa and Aubrey. I'm not used to fortv being so extremely nasty towards contestants. Glad Lisa is gone but I think Aubrey is going to final 2. To pick Arsenio over her would be wrong. He's a great supporting worker but he hasn't been a leader. Despite all her flaws Aubrey is clearly the best suited to be in the final 2 of the three remaining. Plus she's gorgeous so that has to help.
    I don't "Hate" anyone - I hate actions. So technically I've hated everyone's actions in the past few weeks (really only Takai has been the only one whom I felt had no hateful comments at all).

What makes Aubrey and Lisa stand out is that they CONTINUE to do it, therefore it's more pronounced and makes the person look more and more ugly on the inside.

And IMHO - beauty has nothing to do with whether or not someone should be in the final two in this contest. If beauty was a factor in determining the final two, Dayana would've still been in the competition.

As far as Fort TV being "unnecessarily nasty" to contestants - I disagree. It's common agreement that when someone chooses to be on a game show to be dissected their fair game for comment. And unfortunately in these two women's actions, the assessment is more often than not fair.
    BuckeyeAddict and AZChristian like this.

I didn't think his apology was sincere. He gave excuses for his behavior (his charity meant so much to him) but he didn't say anything to take back what he said. And he made it pretty clear that he meant what he said.
    I would take back what I said either. Aubrey never takes back her heinous comments about calling people Old. Aubrey reaped what she sowed.
    ness and tapper01 like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I'm not saying the dog should be checked. But he could leave the dog in the kennel (small cage) under the seat in front of him the way normal people do. Instead he bought the dog a seat and took him out of the kennel (small cage) and sat him in the seat. That's what I was saying is extreme not him taking the dog on board. Actually small dogs can't be checked as cargo. They are to be put in cages and carried on. The dogs have to be sedated too in order to avoid excessive barking or anxiety. I have a maltese and he's a nervous puppy. He will bark at his shadow. Imagine how that dog would react to being on a plane full of strangers. There's a reason for these rules and it's partly to protect the dogs.

So to be clear, my dig at Clay was about him purchasing a seat for the dog and taking him out of his cage to sit in the seat and be treated like a normal passenger. That's diva like behavior.
    Sorry, I don't see the problem. He paid for the seat, so he could put his underwear on it if he wanted to. BTW, many dogs cannot be sedated for air travel. Vets advise against sedating brachycephalic dogs (dogs with flat snouts/short muzzles) such as shih tzus, bulldogs, pugs, pekingese, some terriers, etc., as they can develop severe respiratory problems and even die.

Arsenio has the potential to bring in a TON of cash for the last task. Magic, Leno, most of the NBA community, and then some. Trump knows that. What potential does Skankrby have ?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I'm not saying the dog should be checked. But he could leave the dog in the kennel (small cage) under the seat in front of him the way normal people do. Instead he bought the dog a seat and took him out of the kennel (small cage) and sat him in the seat. That's what I was saying is extreme not him taking the dog on board. Actually small dogs can't be checked as cargo. They are to be put in cages and carried on. The dogs have to be sedated too in order to avoid excessive barking or anxiety. I have a maltese and he's a nervous puppy. He will bark at his shadow. Imagine how that dog would react to being on a plane full of strangers. There's a reason for these rules and it's partly to protect the dogs.

So to be clear, my dig at Clay was about him purchasing a seat for the dog and taking him out of his cage to sit in the seat and be treated like a normal passenger. That's diva like behavior.
    I got/get what you are saying. At first glance, it does seem like a diva-ish thing to do, but when I stop and think about it, it is far kinder to the pet....and why not if he has the money?

I will say, however, that the display of wealth going on between first-class and coach is obscene. If anything bothers me about a move like this, it is that. For a person to be able to afford a separate first-class seat for an animal while others are barely scraping by in this world is horrific to me. While the US economy is not Clay's doing, I do think that the display of wealth among so many who don't have the same is not the most thoughtful gesture in the world, and it does smack of a "me" mentality.

....just sayin'
    Last edited by Jexter; 05-08-2012 at 06:49 PM.

+ Reply to Thread