+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 5/6 Episode_Blown Away ****SPOILERS****

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 5/6 Episode_Blown Away ****SPOILERS****

I just finished watching the presentations, neither should win. Theresa once again proves that she should never be allowed in front of any captive audience ever, whilst Clay and Lisa's concept looks like it'll flop spectacularly because their "stereotypical" girls don't look like typical girls, they look like four strippers. Probably going to be Aubrey's team, the win was sealed for them from the moment Faruq laid eyes on her.

Say what you will about Tre but she managed to stay around longer than some of those so called (smarter) celebrities. Tre did what ever was asked of her without throwing hissy fits and acting like a Diva.
    cablejockey, Moontat and tapper01 like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I think it will be Arsenio and Clay. Can the final two decide they do not want someone on their team? I swear I would not trust Aubrey or Lisa to sabotage the finalist out of spite.
    Don't they do a "schoolyard pick."?

As far as the F2, I have been thinking the Final Task(s) may be the key. I guess we'll see soon enough. I think Clay and Aubrey might be most exciting ... but Clay and Arsenio seems to be the moral choice.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Just finished watching online (as the last person in America using a rooftop antenna, I'm not getting NBC half the time anymore). Haven't read all the comments here yet, but I found John Rich to be too focused on fundraising. They did raise a lot of money during his season, but diplomacy, smarts, and a multitude of other qualities are also important for the winner of CA.

I think both Rich and Marlee Matalin misread Clay as someone who holds back. If he'd been more combative, he would have been attacked by his teammates and kicked off long ago. Rich pulled the macho card a lot during his run, plus he raised a ton of money so wasn't in the boardroom too often. Clay couldn't have played the same strategy he did. He's a different personality and doesn't have all of Nashville behind him (seems that the country stars really pony up for one another in this competition).

My money is on Arsenio to go next. Marlee did NOT like the things he said to Aubrey, and obviously Trump is dinging people for showing emotions, as Arsenio has been prone to do. I thought he played it smart against Teresa, though.

Apologies to Teresa fans, but I was beyond ready to see her go!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    My money is on Arsenio to go next. Marlee did NOT like the things he said to Aubrey, and obviously Trump is dinging people for showing emotions, as Arsenio has been prone to do. I thought he played it smart against Teresa, though.
    At the same time though, Marlee said she appreciated that Arsenio apologized afterwards. And she could tell immediately that Aubrey is all about herself first, then her charity. Say what you want about the antics of this show, but Trump almost always has people in the final two who played the game honorably and have a real connection to their charities. Clay and Arsenio both fall in that boat. Aubrey does not.

Was I the only one who found the way Lisa played that model negotiation with Teresa to be really funny? I was hoping to see more of that side of her on this show. And even though it doesn't come close to negating her behavior this season, I did appreciate how gracefully she accepted being fired.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Don't they do a "schoolyard pick."?

As far as the F2, I have been thinking the Final Task(s) may be the key. I guess we'll see soon enough. I think Clay and Aubrey might be most exciting ... but Clay and Arsenio seems to be the moral choice.
    Three words that don't go together are Donald Trump & moral. A F2 with Clay & Aubrey does seem like it would be good for the drama, which Trump likes. Except he loves money more. Aubrey brought in the least amount of money on that one fundraising task and couldn't even get Diddy/Puffy/whatever to donate. He is another one who loves the sound of his own name but still wouldn't give? lol Arsenio and Clay seem the logical choice for F2 as they both should be able to get more donations. Clay might be at a little disadvantage here, but we'll see.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I would do the same. I think the underbelly of an airplane has to be one of the most frightening experiences ever for an animal. I think traveling like this is actually animal cruelty and should be done only when necessary.
    I'm not saying the dog should be checked. But he could leave the dog in the kennel (small cage) under the seat in front of him the way normal people do. Instead he bought the dog a seat and took him out of the kennel (small cage) and sat him in the seat. That's what I was saying is extreme not him taking the dog on board. Actually small dogs can't be checked as cargo. They are to be put in cages and carried on. The dogs have to be sedated too in order to avoid excessive barking or anxiety. I have a maltese and he's a nervous puppy. He will bark at his shadow. Imagine how that dog would react to being on a plane full of strangers. There's a reason for these rules and it's partly to protect the dogs.

So to be clear, my dig at Clay was about him purchasing a seat for the dog and taking him out of his cage to sit in the seat and be treated like a normal passenger. That's diva like behavior.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

I've really enjoyed CA this season...mostly because of all the drama and that I get to constantly vocalize how detestable I find Lisa and Aubrey while watching...poor DH.
    I hope Aubrey is not one of the F2...it'll just add to her over-inflated ego...something she possesses without any kind of career for the last few years...she does nothing, as far as I can see.

I have grown to love Arsenio but I was very very disappointed when he called Aubrey those vile names. She certainly deserves many many negative names but the W-word and the C-word were not among those. I still have problems with his answers to Marley's questions about his name calling. Once again, I find a person excusing (somewhat) their actions by saying something about why/how they lower themselves to call others horrible names because it's their way of responding when in anger but that they always sincerely apologize later.

Sorry, but that's just not good enough for me. Many, many of us get really angry at times but many, many of us have never called someone the "C-word," (or the fa**ot word, the N-word, the W-word, etc) It is entirely a choice of how far you'll let your anger control you. And good for you that you apologize. It doesn't make it all go away just because you say you're sorry.
    And I still really like Arsenio but no one is excused for using horrendous names due to anger. JMHO

I do like Clay a lot. I really never had any opinion of him (other than a beautiful singing voice) prior to CA but I've thought he was a true stand-up guy. JMHO

As much as I've disliked Lisa and her awful antics/words, I think I really detest Aubrey even more. Just a deep-down gut feeling of HUGE dislike.

As for Teresa, I've had a change of opinion about her.
    In the RHNJ, they're playing up her little catty remarks included in her latest cookbook that demeans others and she calls them just jokes. After CA, I truly believe there is no way in heck that Teresa could even come up with any catty remarks, jokes or not, about anyone. There are absolutely no brain cells under all that hair that could conceive of little digs or little "jokes." None. Zero. Zilch.
    Sure, she's still there this long for the same reason Tarzan is still on Survivor and it's not because of skillful game play.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I have grown to love Arsenio but I was very very disappointed when he called Aubrey those vile names. She certainly deserves many many negative names but the W-word and the C-word were not among those. I still have problems with his answers to Marley's questions about his name calling. Once again, I find a person excusing (somewhat) their actions by saying something about why/how they lower themselves to call others horrible names because it's their way of responding when in anger but that they always sincerely apologize later.

Sorry, but that's just not good enough for me. Many, many of us get really angry at times but many, many of us have never called someone the "C-word," (or the fa**ot word, the N-word, the W-word, etc) It is entirely a choice of how far you'll let your anger control you. And good for you that you apologize. It doesn't make it all go away just because you say you're sorry.
    And I still really like Arsenio but no one is excused for using horrendous names due to anger. JMHO
    When did Arsenio call Aubrey the C-word? I don't remember that, nor can I find a reference to it.

He did call her a W***E, (which wasn't too far off the mark...I can recall her sitting on a married Lou, it was gross), but Arsenio apologized for that. Frankly, her actions led to his outburst. He was the one who apologized, and she didn't. She is the one really out of line here.
    I guess I'm completely fine with giving Arsenio a pass on the w***e comment, (becuase it wasn't out of line). Lisa's name-calling, on the other hand, was always out of line.

I guess not every one can be Dayana... but then, Dayana lived on the pageant scene for a long time... if that isn't training for not letting anyone ruffle your feathers in the moment, I don't know what is.

I felt sorry for Arsenio as the show ended. He was looking off to the side as though he thought for sure he was the next person to go. I think Aubrey staying would be a hard one to bear. Personally, and from what I've seen, I think Trump likes Arsenio... Aubrey, not so much. That will be the main factor to who makes it to the final two.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 05-08-2012 at 08:42 AM.
    BuckeyeAddict and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by socalledchaos View Post
    Was I the only one who found the way Lisa played that model negotiation with Teresa to be really funny? I was hoping to see more of that side of her on this show. And even though it doesn't come close to negating her behavior this season, I did appreciate how gracefully she accepted being fired.
    I found it brilliant. If Lisa had played all season the way she did the last show, she'd be in the final two.

She mentioned that her firing was fine because there was no fighting involved and she didn't walk out with a headache. Um, you were usually the one who started the fights, lady. I hope she sits down and watches the videos in sequence someday to see just how badly she blew this.
    jucamer likes this.

+ Reply to Thread