+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 5/6 Episode_Blown Away ****SPOILERS****

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 5/6 Episode_Blown Away ****SPOILERS****

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    Not a huge fan of Clay though he has impressed me on this show. I was at a volunteer award event in Atlanta and Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter were the guests of honor to give out caregiver awards. Clay was there to sing a song having just won Idol and after he sang one song everyone wanted him to come back and sing again. They gave him a long standing 0 and clapped for a long time and he never came back, lol. It was SOOO awkward. I mean an ex-president was in attendance on the front row. It was sort of humiliating for them since it was a small intimate event. I was embarrassed for the poor MC he just sort of said well I guess he's not coming back, lol. Move on. I don't know why he wouldn't sing another one or at least acknowledge the high praise. It just made everyone feel weird and sadly think poorly of him. I'm sort of glad I've gotten to see another side of him.
    Clay was halfway to the airport by then. I remember that event and saw Clay with his bodyguard go out the back door into a waiting car. Much later Clay talked about having panic attacks in situations where he was expected to mingle with more than a dozen people. I'm sure he was slated to sing only one song and then he was gone.

Sorry to see Tre Go but Lisa Lampanelli getting fired was the best thing ever! Haha. Hopefully the next fired will be that skank Aubrey.
    tapper01 and jucamer like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fanatic

OK, I could be wrong, but when John Rich was grilling Arsenio about the money raised, I was thinking that in Rich's season there were a lot more times when they called on celeb friends for donations than in this season. Also, there were at least a couple more players this season so the chances to be PM were fewer.

Glad Lisa L. is gone, was a horrible person.

Aubrey, wow ! Did she really include Fidel Catro in her list of people she has worked with ?? I gues if she really believes that her hair color is natural, she belives that !
    NCLurker, ness and tapper01 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by waitforbigbro View Post
    OK, I could be wrong, but when John Rich was grilling Arsenio about the money raised, I was thinking that in Rich's season there were a lot more times when they called on celeb friends for donations than in this season. Also, there were at least a couple more players this season so the chances to be PM were fewer.

!
    I was saying the same thing. Last year by this point in the show they had 3 fundraisers and this season they've only had 2 (selling sandwiches and selling a guidebook to NY). One of the tasks last year was having the celebs paint their own artwork and then sell it. Of course having an "original John Rich or Martlee Matlin (or whomever)" is going to fetch a lot more money than buying a guide to NY. I think it was a bit unfair in the questioning because they don't really have a say in what the tasks are or how many fundraisers there are. If you happen to be PM on one of those- you hit the jackpot, otherwise you are usually just looking to take home $20,000 (or $40K when the client "shockingly" doubles it- or in the case of Ivanka's clothing.....doesn't).

I also think the final 2 will be Clay and Aubrey. Donald likes Aubrey and thinks she is way too smart to fire her. Also Clay and Aubrey have gone (red)head to (red)head twice already and each of them has a win- this will be the tiebreaker. I think Marlee was grasping at straws when she told Arsenio she was disappointed in him for losing his temper. Seriously? He's been the calmest person there and the one time he loses it he gets called out?? Compare that to all the other hotheads there and it's no comparison. He may be too calm for the finale as I think Donald wants 2 completely opposite players to go against each other and Arsenio and Clay are too much alike for a 'fireworks-filled-finale". The Donlad likes his drama. I may get flamed for this one- but I actually kind-of like Aubrey, the player. She is smart, cunning, creative and a hard-worker. As a person she is self-centered, full of herself, and nasty. I won't mind watching Aubrey, the player in the finale. Aubrey, the person can leave my TV anytime. I'm hoping for a Clay win as I'd hate for him to be a reality show runner-up yet again.
    navybelle and CharmOffensive like this.

One of the most satisfying departures in the history of reality television.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I now officially HATE Lisa Lampanelli. "It's not like I'm some WEIRD child, who doesn't know how to use their emotions".... what a bitch. I am so glad Trump fired her ass. Cya Lisa, I wouldn't want to be ya!
    I'm with you. The part about a "weird child" - what was that about? A weird child doesn't know how to "use" their emotions? When she said this, it sounded to me like she was admitting she uses her tears to try to manipulate people. Only weird children don't? I was wondering if maybe she just chose her words poorly, but I went back and found that she REPEATEDLY stated that she knew when to use her emotions - that she did it on purpose. So she's trying to manipulate people with her emotions? IMO, that is worse than not being in control of them. She claims to be honest. "Using" your emotions and deciding when to show them and when not to is not honest. Either let them flow freely or keep them in check.

Two other big things I disagreed with Lisa on last night:
    1. She is NOT this year's MeatLoaf. Yes, they are similar in that they are emotional. But MeatLoaf is big-hearted. I didn't see any trace of a heart in Lisa. Like the Grinch, I think hers is 2 sizes too small.
    2. There is no crying in the boardroom. Never ever. If you can't keep the tears in check (I probably couldn't all the time), then stay out and do something else with your life.
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 05-07-2012 at 09:07 AM.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

I can remember hearing a story a few years back about Clay being a not so nice person. He was on a plane in first class. He took his shoes off and put his bare feet on the arm rest in front of him and couldn't fathom why the person occupying that first class seat would be upset. He played the DYKWIA act. Someone asked Ryan Seacrest if he'd heard about it on his radio show. Ryan quickly tried to change the subject but not before he implied that since leaving Idol Clay was not the same nice person America fell in love with.

I also heard stories about him traveling with a small dog and buying the dog a first class seat. He refused to keep the dog in the kennel and instead sat him in the window seat beside him. This seemed like something Paris Hilton would do not Clay.

It's hard to know what hearsay to believe, but I got the impression Clay had become very spoiled and entitled. That being said, I've grown to like him on this show. He is very intelligent. He is college educated and well spoken. He was made for a show like this. It has also been nice to see him get to be himself. He doesn't have to hide behind the straight facade like he did on Idol. And I do have to wonder if hiding behind that facade caused some of the frustration and entitlement episodes I heard about. All were before he came out.

Honestly, I'm very impressed with Clay now and think he deserves the win. I'm just a wee bit worried since John Rich called him out about not being PM enough. John was right BTW but I hope that doesn't cost him his spot in the finals.

P.S. Why didn't Farouk tell Lisa she needed to fix those roots? They are solid gray. I know the show is time consuming, but she could have taken 2 hours for a root touch up.
    Last edited by yourefired; 05-07-2012 at 09:16 AM.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Lisa Lampanelli is truly stupid if she thinks anyone bought the tears she turned on like a faucet at will. It was obviously a way for her to get her way. I hate to tell her I would feel nothing at her crying. The woman both cries and acts like some big Ogre. I am truly glad she got her ignorant behind fired!!
    cablejockey, ness and jucamer like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I hate that they left us hanging til next week to see who the other fire-ee is!! Seeing Lisa go was truly gratifying. I really dont think she saw it coming! Its so ironic that teh reason she was fired was the one Dayana gave last week about her out of control emotions! And for Lisa to try and pretend that she was using the melt downs and tirades as 'tools' to use in this game was ridiculous!
    And why oh why is Aubrey never blamed when her team loses! She constantly tells everyone who listens that she is the mastermind behind Everything her team does, yet when they lose, she is never brought to account? Are they afraid of her?
    For her to announce to Marlee and John that she will mostl certainly be the final two makes me gag. It would be nice if Trump points his finger at her and tells her to go.
    JunkieGirl, ness and tapper01 like this.

FORT Fan

I would love to have seen the clip of Dayana mocking Lisa bawling superimposed
    over Lisa's head as she was FIRED.

Don't you just know Dayana is getting a big kick out of last nights show!!!!!!

Best show of the season!!!

+ Reply to Thread