+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132 LastLast
Like Tree394Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 4/29 Episode_Jingle All The Way Home****SPOILERS****

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 4/29 Episode_Jingle All The Way Home****SPOILERS****

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post

Just want to add to the "rapier wit" and the definition you supplied. It is a two part phrase and and Clay indeed possesses the wit portion ... but here is the definition of rapier: a straight 2-edged sword with a narrow pointed blade. It sounds like an instrument that can cut and cut deep.
    It is not a 2 part phrase, the term has been around for hundreds of years and means an intelligence that is piercing and keen. It can be cutting if necessary but is not necessarily so. When combined with humor it is a bit edgy and a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Srsly View Post
    Clay never climbed on Lisa's crazy train. He had his own very valid reasons for being frustrated with Dayana and it had nothing to do with Lisa so let's not give her any credit there.

Clay said he asked Dayana not once but twice if she was sure it was a good idea to take the PM spot that day and Dayana stubbornly refused to reconsider. Blaming Clay for not stepping up is ludicrous when it was Dayana who wouldn't let go.
    Sure, Clay had his own very valid reasons for being frustrated with Dayana. However, HOW he expressed that frustration toward her --- IMHO --- WAS very Lisa-like, in its way. So, yep, as far as I'm concerned, in THAT particular instance, he stepped right up, of his OWN VOLITION, purchased a ticket on Lisa's Crazy Train, and rode to his stop. I wasn't giving Lisa any credit for his actions in that instance, because HIS actions are HIS own, and HE owns them. Lisa didn't put a gun to his head to make him blow up and go off as he did, and I did not, and have not, assigned any blame --- OR CREDIT --- to HER for HIS actions.

Seems to me as though Clay must've asked Dayana at least not twice, but at least THREE times if she was sure about stepping up to the plate as PM for this particular task. IIRC, I heard one of those on-air. And in his blog, he says he asked her at least two more times OFF CAMERA if she was sure about being in the PM spot because he was hoping to encourage her to suggest that maybe he should repeat as PM on this particular task, but she didn't.

In other words: "Hint! Hint!".

Well, "Hint! Hint!" doesn't always work.

Speaking from personal, painful experience, the times in work (AND personal) situations where I have been aware that someone was heading off a cliff (and pulling ME along with them, BTW!), and I didn't speak up firmly and forcefully to either make my objections clearly known from the START of the whole mess --- not JUST talk around the problem in hopes of trying to encourage them to maybe leave whatever it is they were trying to do alone and let someone more experienced take over --- are times that I have lived to regret.

And during whatever debacle was going on, did I sit down and complain and kick and whine about allowing whoever to run us off the cliff we were all going off of, too? Before I learned to open the mouth God gave me and state my objections clearly, NOT just suggest or hint and hope they'd read my mind and get the message, when the situation was in its inception?

No.

Why?

Because I had sense enough to look in the mirror and realize that if I'd've opened my mouth and shouted my objections from the rooftop, maybe I or whoever else would've taken over, and all of us wouldn't be getting torn new ones, or standing staring at a steaming mess on the floor that might not've been there if I/we HAD spoken up, and/or taken control at the outset.

I wasn't going to sit up and cry over spilt milk while the mess was going ON because I owned the fact that I had a hand in it, too, by NOT OPENING MY MOUTH AND CLEARLY SAYING WHAT I WAS FEELING AT THE START.

However, Clay NOT being clear, firm, and forceful about his objections to Dayana as PM at the start --- although he paid for that lapse later by allowing himself to become over-the-top frustrated with out-of-her-wheelhouse Dayana during the task --- served to work in his favor later on. Of course, they lost, and Clay was able to point the finger at Dayana as PM as a/the major reason for that loss. Even though he was the most musically inclined of the three and would've worked out better (probably) as PM on this task.

JMHO, and I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree on these particular points.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Dayana would have gone anyway I think ness. PM or not. Her time was limited given who is left. I am betting Theresa is next , and ? Lisa I am hoping.It would be to good to be true, to have it be Aubrey and Lisa.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Oh, SURE she most probably would've been out, Fanny. No difference of opinion at all, there. Matter of fact, I believe I stated LONG ago that I thought the F2 would most likely wind up being Arsenio and Clay. I still think that, and still like them both. I learned to like, appreciate and respect Dayana along the way, as well, but I was never of the opinion that she'd be in the F2, and certainly never thought that she'd win the whole thing.

Teresa is not long for that world, either, I'm thinking. Even though I've seen her cut loose on RHONJ, she's managed to pretty much sail through under the radar for most of this. But, no, she ISN'T the brightest light on the Christmas tree, and I think that'll catch up with her.

Yep, I'd LOVE to see Lisa and/or Aubrey out next, but I think that would happen in another world at another time on another show!

CERTAINLY not THIS one!

LOL!
    Last edited by ness; 05-03-2012 at 09:40 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Srsly View Post
    It is not a 2 part phrase, the term has been around for hundreds of years and means an intelligence that is piercing and keen. It can be cutting if necessary but is not necessarily so. When combined with humor it is a bit edgy and a lot of fun.
    I was not criticizing Clay or saying that you were wrong. It is simply 2 words and I just looked at them separately. You defined it as a whole. My comment was intended as a smile opportunity. Just different strokes I guess ... hopefully without rapier(s) in hand.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Oh, SURE she most probably would've been out, Fanny. No difference of opinion at all, there. Matter of fact, I believe I stated LONG ago that I thought the F2 would most likely wind up being Arsenio and Clay. I still think that, and still like them both. I learned to like, appreciate and respect Dayana along the way, as well, but I was never of the opinion that she'd be in the F2, and certainly never thought that she'd win the whole thing.

Teresa is not long for that world, either, I'm thinking. Even though I've seen her cut loose on RHONJ, she's managed to pretty much sail through under the radar for most of this. But, no, she ISN'T the brightest light on the Christmas tree, and I think that'll catch up with her.

Yep, I'd LOVE to see Lisa and/or Aubrey out next, but I think that would happen in another world at another time on another show!

CERTAINLY not THIS one!

LOL!
    I think it's a double elimination next week isn't it? so maybe it will be Theresa and one of the gruesome twosome?

I am with you, I like Dayana, she was classy to the end.Something Lisa doesn't know about.
    ness and Living like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    . . . I like Dayana, she was classy to the end.Something Lisa doesn't know about.
    You got THAT right!

Lisa wouldn't know class if it got up in her face and bit her on the nose!

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    You got THAT right!

Lisa wouldn't know class if it got up in her face and bit her on the nose!
    Lets not insult class by putting it in the same sentence as Lisa,lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

There will be a challenge elimination (1) and the interview eliminates two more - so three altogether and the final two are named.
    jucamer likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    There will be a challenge elimination (1) and the interview eliminates two more - so three altogether and the final two are named.
    That's going to be a very good show.
    ness likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread