+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
Like Tree394Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 4/29 Episode_Jingle All The Way Home****SPOILERS****

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 4/29 Episode_Jingle All The Way Home****SPOILERS****

Clay does have a spectacular voice. I'll always remember his "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" on Idol. I wish it had been showcased more on Apprentice this season.
    Kiz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Srsly View Post
    Clay is not catty, he has a rapier wit. If you say that someone has a rapier wit, you mean that they are very intelligent and quick at making clever comments or jokes in a conversation.

You should see him interact with the audience on tour. He has them alternately laughing and crying because of the beauty of his singing.

Sorry, I also find Clay to be quite catty at times.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Srsly View Post
    He's a better man than I. I would have had a nuclear meltdown long before this. I do wish that people would not use terms like catty when referring to a man. It is a feminine adjective and is subliminally homophobic.

What you call catty, I call cracking jokes and he is very funny.
    I will agree to disagree on this point, Clay HAS BEEN catty. There is no other word for his words.. and behavior.. hes catty. Is he funny, yes.. but it is pure cattiness. Furthermore, this is not the first time i have seen or heard him act in that manner.

As far as Dyanna with her colorful interpretation of music, this was not uncommon to me at all. I often associate music with color and color with music and both with feelings. Garth Brooks has a whole song about it, lol.
    ness, MsDiva2007 and sparklete like this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

From an article on The Color of Music.

"For example, sound without melody, harmony, or rhythm is known as white noise. Speech, or the sound of someone talking, takes on the equal attributes of melody, rhythm and harmony, and extends along the gray line within the interior of the COLORCUBE. Chimes, which are harmonious, without melody or rhythm, map to the color yellow. Classical music, with melody and harmony, but without the hard driving rhythm of rock, is appropriately green in color. Pop music, with lots of melody, but without complicated rhythm or harmony is cyan in color. A simple melody with hard driving rhythm gives you the Blues. Jazz, with lots of rhythm, some melody, and some harmony, is predominantly purple in color. Rap music, with lots of rhythm and some harmony, but little melody, is red in color. And finally, take a song with lots of rhythm, harmony and melody, and you've got Black Music, Man!

This is not meant to infer that all Classical music is green, or that all Jazz is purple. Celtic music, for example, is a genre containing large differences in melodic, rhythmic and harmonic content. Mapping the various flavors of Celtic music to colors within a color space provides a second classification index indicating what type of music it is. Two different songs within a particular genre of music can then be compared as being ‘greener’, or ‘redder’ than the other, or being ‘too yellow’ or ‘too magenta’, or ‘too red’."

I don't want to get too deep into the "is he or isn't he catty" discussion but it kind of makes me sad that as a society today, we have to label things so much. Like, for example, is "catty" feminine or not, is it homophobic or not? I wonder if we're just looking for more things to be "offended"' by.

I think anyone calling a man, particularly a gay man, catty was/is used to demean him and that in itself, is rude and unkind. It doesn't matter to me if it has sub-categories as homophobic, racist, etc. It's wrong.

The same goes for other name-calling, like the C-word, the F-word, the W-word, the N-word.
    (And how did we come to such a state that we have to follow up everything with: " -blank word?" )

Insults are insults and they annoy me, no matter if they have sub-categories.
    I'm not meaning anyone here but just stating my viewpoint on today's society and I think we all tend to follow when something becomes common speak.
    Kind of like how the F-word (there I go again) is sooooo common today. That really floors me. I sometimes wonder why tv even bleeps/cuts the sound when people are using it...it's certainly obvious what they're saying. Who are they fooling?

Whew! Guess I had a lot to say for someone who didn't want to "get into it!" But now I get to say that I'm old and old folks spout off a lot.
    Sorry.
    Lizard and Srsly like this.

I agree with you Dragon lady. I would not like it if someone called me catty. I would think they were calling me mean and brainless. Clay has been very sensitive to everyone's feelings. He has not been mean or brainless. If anything, he has been the voice of reason.
    Srsly likes this.
    You can do it!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I recognize that this is NOT a forum for religious discussion, and I try to not comment from a Christian point of view here. However, when I think of the vileness spoken by some of the contestants on these reality shows (specifically thinking of Lisa), this verse comes to mind:

"The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks." (Luke 6:45)

I don't read anything in the Bible that says, "If you're a comedian, you can be as vile as you want, because that's really being FUNNY, not hurtful."
    maude~flanders likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    I agree with you Dragon lady. I would not like it if someone called me catty. I would think they were calling me mean and brainless. Clay has been very sensitive to everyone's feelings. He has not been mean or brainless. If anything, he has been the voice of reason.
    I agree as well .I hope Clay wins, I dont think anyone has played the game as well as he as
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Erm.

Looking back at the past few pages of this thread... what really struck me is we ALL have different views of what is acceptable to say and what isn't. It's all perspective, I guess.

For example, I don't mind the use of the word catty as long as it has equal opportunity use... I've had it leveled at me, and in some cases, it was a compliment, and in others, not so much. Others obviously disagree. Some draw the line on any insults, and I can see that as being black and white 'right', however, it is also a bit, I don't know, uptight. My friends and I flail each other, but it's all in good fun.

Perhaps the intention behind the insult is more important that what is actually being said. But who has the ability to figure out other people's intentions in every instance? For example, if Lisa's intention with equal opportunity racial or sexist humour is to 'lighten' those words, than is it as bad? Or, is she hiding behind an excuse so she can insult anyone in any way that she wants and be vile and mean on whatever terms she likes? From the evidence we've seen on this show, the latter may seem more likely.

So, once again, it's all a personal perspective, and because of that, it will certainly continue. I think Rattus said it best... learn to take it. My reasoning is that if a person insults you to hurt you, it only reflects on them. None of the insults leveled at Dayana by Lisa MEANT anything. It didn't change how we viewed Dayana (we can assess her intelligence ourselves) and it only reflected back on LISA. (Wow, did it reflect back on Lisa) So, insults leveled at the one being insulted actually have nothing to do with them! If we could adopt that attitude, the insults would lose their power.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 05-03-2012 at 10:11 AM.
    Dragonlady likes this.

Clay has been very sensitive to every one's feelings. He has not been mean or brainless. If anything, he has been the voice of reason.
    That's why I want him to win.

Up thread I also quoted the part about catty , when I didn't mean to. I don't mind being called catty. The words that Lisa use, like the four letter word C. That's not in my vocabulary, I wouldn't use it , and I hate when men or women use it.
    Srsly likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread