+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
Like Tree394Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 4/29 Episode_Jingle All The Way Home****SPOILERS****

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 4/29 Episode_Jingle All The Way Home****SPOILERS****

Folks, we're getting a bit personal in here. Remember that every poster is entitled to an opinion about the show contestants, even if it's the complete opposite of your opinion. Lecturing other posters or belittling them is not going to fly. Please give other posters the same respect that you'd want from them
    redsox girl likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Srsly View Post
    I don't get why Clay is now suddenly equal to Lisa just because Dayana got on his last nerve. Clay has been the most patient, helpful, supportive, hard worker on every task. He never said a bad word to anyone and championed the underdog when needed. Now, suddenly, for losing his temper for a brief moment he is as awful as Lisa has been every minute of the past 12 weeks. How totally unfair.
    I think Clay has acted admirably....most of the time. I really didn't care for his remark about Aubrey coming out of her mother's "Whatever." Can't remember exactly the word he used but I thought it was crass. Other than that I can't fault him for what he's said...I think he has every right to comment as much as he likes about the behaviors that other team members use that really make things so harmful/unhelpful to the challenge. Some are really difficult to deal with and we all know who those people are.

Arsenio? The guy that reamed out Aubrey with every mysogynistic female swear word including the W-word and the b-word and the c-word? the guy that referenced Aubrey's female body part in a totally inappropriate way? The guy that melts down almost as quickly and easily as Lisa? You now want him to win because he rode on everyone's coat tails and is a master weasel? Really?
    Yep, Arsenio was completely in the wrong to call her names that had nothing to do with her awful ways.. I was totally with him when he blew up about how difficult and vile she had acted....until the name calling. I found it totally reprehensible...just like I felt when I learned of Penn's name calling to some blogger. Why do people have to resort to such evil name calling?
    He had enough ammunition to rant about her behavior without the names he called her.
    Wow! Did he really use the C-word? I totally missed that but I was already highly incensed about the W-word when I heard that. Unfortunately, I kind of agree with the B-word...because that's exactly how she acted. But NOT the C or W-word by any means!
    redsox girl and Kiz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    It's not uncommon for people to use colors to describe sounds scents and aromas.
    It may not be uncommon, but I've been in a band, my husband is in a band, my ex-husband is in a band, and a band practices at my house every week and I have never heard music described in those terms. Neither, it would seem, has Clay, and he is an actual professional, as are the confused studio muscians who didn't know what she was talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    As far as Aubrey I could care what Arsenio called her she was asking for it. I am so sick of us women thinking we can say whatever we want to a person and think that because she is a woman she doesn't deserve a response.
    As am I. If woman want equality (and I do), then we have to be prepared to verbally deal with men on their terms. I get so tired of reading/hearing "oh, you shouldn't call a woman blah, blah, blah" - it more than insinuates that the woman in question isn't capable of dealing with anything that might upset her pretty little head. Bah! If a woman is being a c-word, or a man is being a pr-word (and really, why do I never hear whining about that usage, or the d-word for that matter?), then they have to learn to deal with the consequences.
    Last edited by Rattus; 05-02-2012 at 08:29 AM.
    mindy384 and MsDiva2007 like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I think Clay has acted admirably....most of the time. I really didn't care for his remark about Aubrey coming out of her mother's "Whatever." Can't remember exactly the word he used but I thought it was crass. Other than that I can't fault him for what he's said...I think he has every right to comment as much as he likes about the behaviors that other team members use that really make things so harmful/unhelpful to the challenge. Some are really difficult to deal with and we all know who those people are.

Yep, Arsenio was completely in the wrong to call her names that had nothing to do with her awful ways.. I was totally with him when he blew up about how difficult and vile she had acted....until the name calling. I found it totally reprehensible...just like I felt when I learned of Penn's name calling to some blogger. Why do people have to resort to such evil name calling?
    He had enough ammunition to rant about her behavior without the names he called her.
    Wow! Did he really use the C-word? I totally missed that but I was already highly incensed about the W-word when I heard that. Unfortunately, I kind of agree with the B-word...because that's exactly how she acted. But NOT the C or W-word by any means!
    You exspressed eloquently exactly how I feel about all of these points- I just was terribly ineloquent and a bit cranky when I did so. Kudos for your well spoken ytake on these points.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    It may not be uncommon, but I've been in a band, my husband is in a band, my ex-husband is in a band, and a band practices at my house every week and I have never heard music described in those terms. Neither, it would seem, has Clay, and he is an actual professional, as are the confused studio muscians who didn't know what she was talking about.

As am I. If woman want equality (and I do), then we have to be prepared to verbally deal with men on their terms. I get so tired of reading/hearing "oh, you shouldn't call a woman blah, blah, blah" - it more than insinuates that the woman in question isn't capable of dealing with anything that might upset her pretty little head. Bah! If a woman is being a c-word, or a man is being a pr-word (and really, why do I never hear whining about that usage, or the d-word for that matter?), then they have to learn to deal with the consequences.

lol actually i play music and do spoken word in the new england area and I'm wondering if maybe it's a bi-lingual thing regarding music, I am Swedish it is my first language and when I translate in my head from Swedish to English in terms of sounds and images i will at times use colors and hues to describe something i don't know the word for- and sometimes I'll describe a sound or emotion in music in terms of color-maybe I relate to Dayana on that level- the translation and sometimes feeling like I'm not being understood or feeling dismissed by some people because I'm not always able to be as quick in expressing my English thoughts in high pressure situations.

I think you are right about dealing with repercussions. I know my personal experiences color how I perceive reality tv behavior. I've unfortunately had to deal with those kinds of words in the past year for no reason on my part-just someone with horrible anger issues focusing on me. So i guess I'm quite sensitive in my own perception of certain behavior and word choices. I was taught not to use any of those words for men and women, never heard it in my house so perhaps I perceive it as lack of good manners.

For me, this season just seems so over the top in a show that's always been over the top. I guess rather than just seeing it as a dumb game I feel some kind of sisterhood with Dayana, I'm certainly not saying she should still be there but I do have enormous respect for the way she has handled the craziness- andI think her choice to remain dignified speaks of enormous strength and I'll miss that.

He's a better man than I. I would have had a nuclear meltdown long before this. I do wish that people would not use terms like catty when referring to a man. It is a feminine adjective and is subliminally homophobic.

What you call catty, I call cracking jokes and he is very funny.
    It's never occurred to me that catty could be misconstrued as homophobic. I'll be mindful of that in the future as I did not want to hurt you.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

I just had to go look up catty in the Urban Dictionary and you may want to look it up as well. It's interesting.

Note that I am not sure what links and quotes it is acceptable to post ... so I just don't.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

And this is why I used this for Clay its him to a T:

1) If one is being catty, they are being subtly or indirectly insulting. Different from bitchy in that bitchiness is just mean, while cattiness is often clever and witty, and isn't ALWAYS completely mean (for example, a catty joke). Both males and females can be and are catty
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    And this is why I used this for Clay its him to a T:

1) If one is being catty, they are being subtly or indirectly insulting. Different from bitchy in that bitchiness is just mean, while cattiness is often clever and witty, and isn't ALWAYS completely mean (for example, a catty joke). Both males and females can be and are catty
    This tends to be the most common use of the word. I've heard in "RuPaul's Drag Race" and a few other shows as well.

Clay has been catty a lot, and I really do feel watching him over the years his short-temperness with Dayana was more because a. the fishbowl aspect of any reality competition (At this point I think even levelheaded people such as John Rich and Marlee Matlin got to their breaking points) and b. in part because I think that he just was upset his best attributes weren't used because Dayana micromanaged and that was the straw that broke his back.

I can see why he'd be upset too about her not using his music background to his advantage - the week prior he had used one of her best aspects (and I mean this respectfully) beauty to create a truly store worthy display.

Then again - the past two weeks I've felt what would actually work has been overlooked for drama. That display Aubrey made in the real world wouldn't be used while Clay's would with some minor tweaks. The jingle, while a bit dated, catches my ear better than the weird sketch did. (another irritant of mine with this week's loss - technically Aubrey's was a SKETCH then short ad jingle, NOT a proper jingle. Should've lost on that alone.)

Clay is not catty, he has a rapier wit. If you say that someone has a rapier wit, you mean that they are very intelligent and quick at making clever comments or jokes in a conversation.

You should see him interact with the audience on tour. He has them alternately laughing and crying because of the beauty of his singing.

+ Reply to Thread