+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
Like Tree394Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 4/29 Episode_Jingle All The Way Home****SPOILERS****

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Nene would have stomped a mud hole and walked it dry with Lisa. Lisa picks on those she senses are weak or too classy to fight her back.
    I was just saying that. She sensed the weatness. Nene would have gone off the roof on lisa

Kiz

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 4/29 Episode_Jingle All The Way Home****SPOILERS****

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    some other CA words and phrases that need to die remembered from the past:
    "Swing for the fences" ( have thought about this and think it must be for golf when you are hitting range balls with your driver )
    "having said that"
    "at the end of the day"
    "the "F" word"
    and now "wheelhouse"
    I'd love to see a "wheelhouse" montage on the season finale.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    Aside from Joan Rivers Trump usually boots the whiners before the final. And Clay and Arsenio have done more whining than anyone else this season. Barring some mistake Aubrey pretty clearly deserves to go to final 2 and I don't see how she won't. I don't see Lisa or Theresa making it that far. And I can't imagine Clay and Arsenio being final 2 if for no other reason than it would be boring. They don't excel enough to justify a boring final.

Of course the previews hint that Aubrey is headed for a big fall next week so maybe her ego overtakes her ability in which case I take it back and Clay/Arsenio finale is most likely.
    I respectfully disagree here - Clay and Arsenio have griped yes, but not whined. Whining is overall when you don't get your way and instead of just having a gripe then sucking it up and moving on, they continue on and on and on and never move on from that - even if it happend weeks prior. (boardroom doesn't count - they're supposed to air out complaints and whines there).

Clay had a gripe with Dayana this week, but he tried to move on from it. He also sadly was factual on his assessment of Dayana and how she was handling the task. Arsenio had his gripe with Aubrey but has at least attempted to move on from the incident where he waylaid into her. Aubrey STILL acts hurt and questions Arsenio's actions and decisions in spite of that - and this was nearly a month ago.

A better example of whining is Aubrey and Lisa, and DEFINITELY Dayana. Thing is that Dayana's eventually caught up to her when she was PM, got what she wanted and instead of using her two best assets she micromanages them out of existence. Seriously, I do agree that with both the talents she had (begrudgingly Lisa but that was a good script even if safe), they should've won that hands down.

Joan Rivers also QUIT the show then returned. That's where most people I know of had an issue with her winning. Trump doesn't like quitters, and yet he not only allowed her to quit and return, he let her win in SPITE of the fact that Annie clearly outraised her in the money.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 04-30-2012 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    OMG that Aubrey is such a bitch talking about Arsenio's age - wait ten years Aubrey when your fake body parts start falling off and you're left with what's underneath!
    This is the second time she's commented on someone's "old age." Try as I might, I can't see anyone who's very old on the show, even The Donald is older than all the Apprentices. Wonder if Aubrey has even thought about how he would react to such statements.
    Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    I think it's a little unfair to belittle Dayana for not having music in her "wheelhouse" and not know much about it. Being PM is pretty much her only protection, because if she weren't, they'd be all over her. So, she's PM and she's trying to be involved, trying to let Clay be the talent, trying to manage them but getting a lot of flack, so I feel for her a bit. What else could she do? She can't help what she doesn't know. If she sits back and lets them do their thing, she'll get blamed for doing nothing. By trying to offer ideas and intervene, she gets blamed for not knowing what she's doing. She tries to do the posters or something, and she gets blamed for doing what's "safe."
    I understand what you're saying and normally, I would agree but tonight, Dayana just took it too far. She was too defensive...I realize that she didn't know as much about this musical challenge but jeeze, admit that, and work "with" the ones that do...but she felt she was ignored/belittled because of her lack of knowledge and brought on most of the battles by being so obnoxious about it. I liked her up until tonight but she was catty and mean. The comment about "loud" Lisa to Donnie-boy was totally a lie and I'm no fan of Lisa's.
    Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    If Aubrey bumps and grinds anymore than she already is, her girls are gonna jump right out of her too-tight cheerleader top.

Which is probably what her original intention was, anyway.

ETA . . .

INTERESTING . . .

The Good Sam exec thought Aubrey's outfit was a little too revealing!
    Did you notice how Aubrey's top was cut lower than the other cheerleaders?

Quote Originally Posted by trumpshair View Post
    As repugnant as Lisa and Aubrey both have been during this series, they both deserve to be there past Dayanna. When someone argues that "Track" and "Man" rhyme, and suggests that the musicians add more pink to a song, I don't know how you can respect them.
    Reading the posts here, I guess I had that all wrong...I thought Dayanna meant "Pink" as the female singer with that name...not the color. Not that it changes anything.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I'm still shocked that Aubrey's train wreck won out over Clay's well-polished jingle. What the hell? I mean, come on! A lame skit, cheerleaders, rapping, drumming - it was a hot mess!
    My feelings exactly...so disjointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    However, much as I dislike Aubrey, I don't think that she was intentionally pulling up an old stereotype to get in a dig. I think that, like a lot of young people, she is unaware of pretty much anything that doesn't directly effect her, or anything that happened before she was born.
    I think you summed up Aubrey's thinking very accurately. Especially, since she considers all the other celebs to be old and decrepit.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    Where is NENE when you need her. She would have put Lisa in her place
    Nope, gotta disagree with you here...Nene would have just walked off....just like she did when things got too much for her. I think awful vile Lisa would have scared off Nene too.

Forgive me for all the "Reply with Quote" here but just watched the show and it seemed easier to do than go on some long-winded remarks of my own and boy, do I have a lot to say!
    I don't think I've ever enjoyed CA as much as this season....NOT because I like the celebs but only for the OTT drama that's been shown. Never thought I'd see such happenings but love how it showcases some of these evil (Lisa) and super inflated egos (Aubrey). How on earth did she get the idea that she's all that??!!! I'm constantly astounded by her vanity. Wow! is all I can say.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer
    OMG that Aubrey is such a bitch talking about Arsenio's age - wait ten years Aubrey when your fake body parts start falling off and you're left with what's underneath!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady
    This is the second time she's commented on someone's "old age." Try as I might, I can't see anyone who's very old on the show, even The Donald is older than all the Apprentices. Wonder if Aubrey has even thought about how he would react to such statements.
    How is it some younger people even think being 'old' is an insult? It's like they think 'gosh, you're so old, how awful'... like you magically skipped your younger years and were cursed with being old.
    We all get the same years, and we all get old. DUH. What is the quote? I don't envy the young their youth, because I've had those years? Something like that.
    Alexxxx and jucamer like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    "Swing for the fences" ( have thought about this and think it must be for golf when you are hitting range balls with your driver )
    It's actually a baseball term. When a batter (usually when he misses) has made an extremely strong swing, the announcer will say he was "swinging for the fences."

I think one of the reasons I don't notice all of the buzzwords on CA is because my hubby loves to watch sports, and players and announcers don't seem to be able to say anything that's NOT a cliche or buzzword.

I think Aubrey could make it to the finals. But I do not think she could win because she does not show much respect for others. Most working with her are finding ways to be tolerent. I do not think of Aubrey as younger than others based on her looks. She could only mean by accomplishment.

Lisa can be nice when she is in her good place. She was kind to Dianna. Dianna was being rude. She did not know who Clay is. Next I guess she would tell Lisa how to write jokes. As a young person she could have asked them to make it s little more fresh or hip; and I think they would have.
    You can do it!

Reading the posts here, I guess I had that all wrong...I thought Dayanna meant "Pink" as the female singer with that name...not the color. Not that it changes anything
    Thats how I took it.I thought she was talking abut the singer Pink.In which case, both Clay and Lisa got it wrong .Although this CA is so chopped up and edited to h*** , it sometimes seems nobody finishes a thought.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Thats how I took it.I thought she was talking abut the singer Pink.In which case, both Clay and Lisa got it wrong .Although this CA is so chopped up and edited to h*** , it sometimes seems nobody finishes a thought.
    No, Clay and Lisa got it right, because she followed up pink with yellow, at which point Clay suggested maybe some blue (which actually would have made sense musically).
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    No, Clay and Lisa got it right, because she followed up pink with yellow, at which point Clay suggested maybe some blue (which actually would have made sense musically).
    Oh did she. Then for me it made no sense at all. Thanks Rattus
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread