+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree394Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 4/29 Episode_Jingle All The Way Home****SPOILERS****

FORT Newbie

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 4/29 Episode_Jingle All The Way Home****SPOILERS****

I find this whole theme very disturbing.

I had a boss who said "You NEVER have a right to be rude."

The same boss also stated he would rather have a person with a good attitude and no skills than a person with great skills and a bad attitude.

There is no doubt Lisa is jealous of Dayana. Every time Dayana tried to talk last night, Lisa would talk over her.

It is now time for Lisa to go!

FORT Regular

It looks Lisa goes after Teresa now based on the previews. Even though I think her assessments of some of the cast members (not Dayana) have been accurate, she does seem to have a history of going after the contestants who aren't particularly intelligent or quick on their feet. I'm curious to see how she'll respond when she has to start boardroom battles against Aubrey or Clay or Arsenio--people who are very bright and more than willing to defend themselves.

I also loved the point that Ivanka brought up to Dayana last night about how even though Lisa wasn't going to listen, Dayana could have figured out a way to at least neutralize her and keep her happy. Arsenio has done a great job of that in dealing with Aubrey.

this would be one time I would cheer Teresa on if she tossed a table or two lol
    ness likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    GOOD FOR YOU on how you handled that! I hope you got an apology.
    Thanks for your kind words.

Nope, never got an apology. His jaw dropped, then he just turned around and walked away and has never apologized. I occasionally still have interaction with him at work, and if he ever tries to speak to me about anything other than work, I will remind him that I'm still waiting for an apology. It's only been 12 years. I can wait forever, or he can just avoid speaking to me about anything not related to work.
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    this would be one time I would cheer Teresa on if she tossed a table or two lol
    I have never seen her do that, but if she does it on CA.I hope it lands on Lisa!
    JunkieGirl, ness and Jaceegirl like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I don't find it as him being easily offended. I think we as African Americans are tired of people thinking we all can sing,dance,rap etc. I mean I was waiting for her to ask him to eat chicken & watermelon too. I think Aubrey did it to belittle him and to make a little disguised jab at him. Oprah is enough proof we all can't dance and sing. lol
    She quite clearly said she would teach him how to tap dance so I don't know why you think she assumed he could dance.

Agree with you about Clay and Lisa though. They were clearly unsympathetic towards Dayana's language/culture issues. Once they heard she thought jingle was about christmas they should have calmed down and figured out a better way to deal with her.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Lisa actually said THAT?????
    On the radio not on the show. She claims it's okay because she says the n-word and k-word too. And no one else has ever complained about it.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    GOOD FOR YOU on how you handled that! I hope you got an apology. In your case, I think that was very appropriate. In the case with Lisa and Dayana, it appears that is the first time Dayana ever said anything unkind toward Lisa, when Lisa had said many, many unkind things to and about Dayana.

I was also a bit disappointed in Clay. I could understand his frustration. But he's been sort of ragging on Dayana the last week or two also. He was making fun of her accent last week. Clay thinks he's patient. Maybe he is with kids, but I don't think he is with adults, unless they are on the same page as he is. I've been reading his blog, but I don't feel like doing it this week.
    ITA with your comments about Clay. I'm not pulling for him as much as I was prior to the past two shows. I guess I'm hoping for an Arsenio win at this point.

Seeing John Rich and Marlee Matlin in the previews reminded me what it was like to have some kind, gentler contestants on the show, who could still get the job done and bring in lots of money.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    She quite clearly said she would teach him how to tap dance so I don't know why you think she assumed he could dance.
    Didn't she say in a voiceover that she was willing to bet that Arsenio tap danced all the time in his house? I don't think she was ever IN his house before CA started, and I sure don't think she's going to be invited there in the near future. And I'm not sure, but I don't think he ever said he "couldn't" tap dance. He said that he wouldn't perpetuate the stereotype that all African Americans are good at tap dancing.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Didn't she say in a voiceover that she was willing to bet that Arsenio tap danced all the time in his house? I don't think she was ever IN his house before CA started, and I sure don't think she's going to be invited there in the near future. And I'm not sure, but I don't think he ever said he "couldn't" tap dance. He said that he wouldn't perpetuate the stereotype that all African Americans are good at tap dancing.
    yeah, but he bought into the "rapping" sterotype that Aubrey tossed out at him (I didn't hear her ask if he wanted to "sing").

Aubrey is clearly very immature and the biggest bully of them all. Yes, she's smart and creative, but clearly very confused about
    what type of person she is. She definitely can dish it out, but can't take it.
    BuckeyeAddict and AZChristian like this.

+ Reply to Thread