+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree394Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 4/29 Episode_Jingle All The Way Home****SPOILERS****

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 4/29 Episode_Jingle All The Way Home****SPOILERS****

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Ugh - Lisa is such a mess. She's so mean and nasty, and by blowing up she takes the glare off Dayana and puts it on herself. Any point she might have had gets lost in the drama.
    Dayana and the "pink" and other colors were strange, and she had other odd comments, but she IS the PM so they should just let her do her thing and if it fails, it is her fault.
    I think I understood what she meant. She named pastel colors and so I think she was trying to say "Can you make it sound a bit more feminine because the tune is too aggressive/masculine sounding." I agreed with her when I heard it. She just didn't have the vocabulary nor the musical knowledge to get across what she meant. Softer...other adjectives would have helped but her team wasn't trying to think outside the box to decipher what she was trying to relay.

I've notice when Dayana did try to make suggestions or give direction she was instantly dismissed..later on..however, I'd see they ended up doing exactly what she expressed. This has happened several times.

I wished Dayana brought in a translator this time..to hear her in her first tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutscher View Post
    You left out the part where Lisa said Dayana would be mopping floors because that's what spics do.

According to a recent interview, Lisa said dayana would be mopping floors and pushing out babies because that's what spics do.

Those are Lisa Fatanelli's words....Not mine.
    Oh my goodness! That vile poor excuse for a woman said that? Oooooooooosooooonot coool!
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by trumpshair View Post
    I'd call that racist, not jealous.
    I think she relies on racism to mask her fear of not being worthy and flat out jealousy. It's easy to be a racist. It normally stems from a person deflecting blame elsewhere so they don't have to face what they lack within their self. Racism is a cop out ....nah she has self worth issues. That's why she always demands that whatever her contributions are that she points them out. I do this. I do that. I've done this. Yadda yadda. Even when not asked. Yes, she has made a successful career but she must constantly convince herself that she is phenomenal because truly she doesn't admit to herself what she IS lacking.

Envy--->jealousy supported by below the belt comments masked as racism...keeps folks from really getting to the root of her malfunction.

That woman has an evil force controlling her and she needs deliverance!
    Dayana was on point when she addressed evil trying to trump good deeds of charity during her farewell ride.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

After reading all of the descriptions about the boardroom, I opted out of watching it last night. Even though it's just a TV show, when I see that much negativism and nastiness going on, it triggers me back to unhappier times when I was the target of some toxic coworkers.

I didn't love either of the presentations. Forte was okay, but it was a little odd for Dayana to go wandering out and speaking without a mic at the end. Unanimous was so frenetic . . . the only thing they were missing was a kitchen sink. Aubrey is going to be Lisa when she grows up, and that's not good.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by trumpshair View Post
    Seems like a lot of people are hoping for people to move forward based more on their personality rather than for their work, idea's or contributions to tasks.

As repugnant as Lisa and Aubrey both have been during this series, they both deserve to be there past Dayanna. When someone argues that "Track" and "Man" rhyme, and suggests that the musicians add more pink to a song, I don't know how you can respect them. Everyone can agree that when measuring contestants character that Dayanna would far exceed the gruesome twosome but this isn't a game of being nice, its a game of business and ideas count for far more than attitude.

Thats not to say that attitude/character doesn't count, it will be what separates the competent players from one another. Which is why I am certain the finale will be Clay vs Arsenio.
    Nah, I'm not for personality but at the same time the "track" and "man" could have been another translation glitch. Perhaps in her mind, Man=husband=rastro and track=marido those do rhyme in spanish. See that is what irritated me because many times Dayana tried to express something that made no sense in English but it made sense in Spanish. A language barrier does not equate to useless, incompetent, stupid, etc.

To me it didn't take a rocket scientist to take a second and say..wait a minute..a you rhyming in Spanish? Yes, it may take time to decipher what she is trying to say but that is a part of teamwork. I'd just laugh and then try to assist the person...not be rude, condescending nor disrespectful. I mean her personal character was being attacked not her dis-abilities.

I agree she wasn't the best leader and it was time for her to go and that Clay and Arsenio will be the two left standing. Woot!
    mushybrain likes this.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I actually never saw that as a new trendy word. Of course, my father works in professional baseball, and they've been saying pitches are in a hitter's wheelhouse for about as long as I can remember. For me the one I want to die is baby bumpin and all similar phrases dealing with a woman's pregnant belly.
    I'll betcha that's where people who aren't in baseball picked that word up. I had no idea what in the heck a wheelhouse was, except it had something to do with a person's strengths. I work in an office, where managers LOVE buzzwords. I feel like giving them a thesaurus to find other words to use on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by socalledchaos View Post
    Dayana is a class act through and through, but she HAD to go tonight. It would've looked like a Miss Universe infomercial if she had stayed any longer. Even if you exclude the handful of occasions she didn't really deserve to be in the boardroom, she still would have been brought back there more than anyone else on the show. I was glad to see her stand up to Lisa a bit more in the boardroom this time around though.

As for Lisa supposedly ruining her career with her time on this show, bad behavior on Celebrity Apprentice has never destroyed a person's career, nor will it ever. People still pay money to watch Dionne Warwick sing, Joan Rivers got a hosting gig for her own show, and Lisa will still fill seats for her comedy shows. She likely hasn't gained any fans, but she probably didn't lose any either. It wouldn't surprise me to see her in the final two, but then have Trump pull a "slowroll" on her like he did with Annie Duke.

Lisa definitely has some issues mentally though. She did a print interview a couple of years ago where she briefly mentioned being on welbutrin (an anti-depression medication), and then an interview within the last month where she said that she used to take it, but couldn't be bothered anymore.

That boardroom was VICIOUS though. Wow
    Dionne has lost MANY fans after they watched CA - me being one of them

Quote Originally Posted by Srsly View Post
    It is actually 3 out next week. One fired for the task and then 2 more fired after John Rich and Marlee Matlin decide on the final 2.
    Yep - they showed a short clip and he was interrogating someone about how much money they raised. I have got to believe that the 2 people left that can raise the most $$ have to be Clay & Arsenio. Who the hell does Aubrey know? Diddy would give to the player opposing her before he'd give her a dollar...

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Personally, I didn't like either presentation. The 50s one was too dated (and yes, Clay DID look like Alfalfa!), and the cheerleader one was too disjointed, busy and all over the place. If I had to choose one, I'd go with the 50s. It was more simple and to the point. I thought the cheerleader idea was awful. It's too bad Arsenio got sucked into going with it. My guess is he couldn't come up with anything better. If it is Clay vs. Arsenio, I think Clay will win. I like Arsenio a lot, but he hasn't shown a lot of leadership skills, IMO.

I had to FF through Lisa's ranting in the boardroom. I just cannot stand HOW she rails on Dayana. On one hand, I do understand Lisa being upset about Dayana saying she was loud when she seemed to have been on her best behavior at the time. But how could she demand an apology when she owed Dayana so many apologies herself? I wish Dayana had thought of that. Lisa cannot calmly state her position. She has to spew it with venom and hatred. It makes me so uncomfortable, I can't watch.

It amazed me that Lisa had the gall to make fun of Dayana shedding a few tears - when so many times Lisa cried as she was complaining about how hard she worked and how she had to put up with so much, blah blah blah. IMO, Lisa's tears were extremely pathetic. I was surprised Dayana kept her composure as long as she did. I couldn't have. Who is the better person between these two? Dayana, hands down.
    cablejockey likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    . . . On one hand, I do understand Lisa being upset about Dayana saying she was loud when she seemed to have been on her best behavior at the time. But how could she demand an apology when she owed Dayana so many apologies herself? . . .
    This was one of the scenes that triggered me back to a hostile work environment. I have always been a team player, and I would never behave in a demeaning manner to anyone at work. One day, our team "lead" made an unkind personal remark to me in front of a coworker while we were supposedly discussing a business issue. The next time the lead came to my desk and (in an attempt to gloss over the situation) attempted to make small talk, I said to him, "Unless the next two words out of your mouth are 'I'm sorry,' I will not discuss any non-business topics with you. If you wish to talk to me about a work situation, I will respond to you professionally."

To hear Lisa DEMAND an apology after all the vitriol she has spewed to Dayana over these past weeks just made me sick.
    cablejockey likes this.

+ Reply to Thread