+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree394Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 4/29 Episode_Jingle All The Way Home****SPOILERS****

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 4/29 Episode_Jingle All The Way Home****SPOILERS****

How did Clay end up losing that task? That must have been a blow to his ego.

I also see why Dayanna is so frustrating to work with. She should have been gone weeks ago but didn't because of the drama between her and Lisa. Funny, at the beginning of the season I thought Lisa would go head to head with Victoria Gotti or Theresa. I guess it's just easier to go after the one who is soft spoken and sweet natured. Oh that's right, that is exactly what bullies do. Big, old Mrs Creative lost ANOTHER task based on her "talent" writing. Booyah!

Actually, I am disappointed in all of them, including Clay and Arsenio. Clay, less so, because he is sneaky. Why couldn't Arsenio come up with any good ideas? If you don't have better ideas to counter Aubrey's, how can you say that she takes over? You could rein her in by throwing around ideas and let her build from that, which might bring around new ideas, etc. I really am not seeing much team effort at all from these folks. They are all in show business, there should be a lot more brain storming and ideas thrown around. I realize most of it is editing, but I'd never hire these people based on what they have come up with. LOL

Is it just me or does that mascot portray just the exact opposite of feeling safe, secure, the-guy-who-comes-to-rescue-you?
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Not too surprised with the results when Dayana went this route, and not surprised she was ousted. You don't pidgeonhole two singers like that. And, she really did get too touchy with Clay and I can see why he got stressed out and flipped on her.

Lisa's days are numbered because out of that duo she is the one who has been in the final boardroom more. They have to win or she's out.

I personally didn't like the other team's sketch, and felt that Aubrey was NOT smart suggesting that Sam pick someone up in his arms. As someone who has worn a mascot costume, a. you do not know if Sam is indeed a male in there and b. you do not have the security as you would catching someone without wearing essentially two sizes two big sleeves on your arm. She could've gotten someone hurt.
    cablejockey likes this.

I loved Dayana in this show for most of the season. She held her composure when Lisa spewed vial words and actions in her direction, showed her showmanship in many tasks.

However, with that said, a project manager's task is to use the staff they have to their best abilities. In this instance, Dayana could've very easily set the tone from moment one by assigning jobs: she would work on the branding, Clay the jingle/music, and Lisa the writing. Instead it looked like she was trying to jump into areas where she had no expertise and inserting her opinion when she clearly didn't understand the business. If she had done this in the beginning, it would've given both Clay and Lisa the creative license and they could've easily inserted Dayana's branding into the show performance.

Instead it turned into a debacle because she wanted to prove she could be project manager and "the boss". I guess she wanted to prove to Mr. Trump she could lead. Sometimes, a good leader allows her team members to showcase their talents while she encourages them to do their best. This task could've easily been won by this team.

Sorry to see Dayana go. She was easy on the eyes, showed more grace and manners during most of the show's episodes, and encouraged us to root for her, the underdog for the majority of our viewing time with this year's Celebrity Apprentice.
    Last edited by tvfanz; 04-30-2012 at 12:26 AM.

FORT Regular

This.

I read this on another forum and so completely agree with it I had to bring it.

I did not like the Unanimous presentation at all! I thought it was disjointed. The woods, the cheerleaders, the singing and dancing, the rap and the drumming? How was that cohesive? And I thought, "Well, of course!" when Aubrey leaped into Good Sam's arms. How does she get that ego into enclosed spaces?
    cablejockey, J.D., Quemoni and 6 others like this.

I am glad Trump put Dayana out of her misery tonight. And I don't mean that in a disrespectful way. It had become unbearable having to listen to Lisa berate and belittle her constantly. I can't imagine how Dayana must have felt to be subjected to such verbal abuse for so many weeks. Dayana showed class and restraint during some very trying circumstances, and she left with a lot of people respecting how she handled herself. Now Lisa will have to find someone else to blame for her failings.

I think the most significant problem with Dayana's involvement in tasks had to do with cultural differences. Her misunderstanding, or lack of awareness, of some basics of Americana (behavior and culture) was perceived as indecisiveness, weakness or stupidity. She needed extra time to understand certain things (like different genres of music), and that is the kiss of death when people are in the midst of trying to perform in high-pressure situations. I can understand how her teammates would have been frustrated with her to a degree, but there is no excuse for Lisa's verbal abuse. In her interactions with Dayana, Lisa clearly had no patience, inclination or foresight to spend any extra time explaining things we assume everyone should know. Clay was guilty of this to a somewhat lesser extent, but it was troubling to see him take such offense when Dayana asked him to stand in a different position when he was practicing with the backup singers. It was like he took any suggestion from her as a personal affront.

It all combined to create a very volatile situation where Dayana was looking to be heard, and Clay and Lisa had decided early on that she was worthless.

Here's hoping that next week we will see the end of Aubrey and/or Lisa. It is probably more realistic to think that Arsenio's team will conveniently lose, and Trump will fire Teresa and Aubrey so he can set up a Clay/Arsenio final two.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Is it just me or does that mascot portray just the exact opposite of feeling safe, secure, the-guy-who-comes-to-rescue-you?
    Ha! Yeah, he looks more like a creepy guy you would see peeping at someone through a window!
    J.D. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by trumpshair View Post
    I might be wrong though and I'd love to hear an idea she came up with that was better than a concept they went with on any particular task.
    I don't know about all the concept ideas she may have suggested, but Dayana had become so marginalized that even when she came up with good ideas or input (e.g., suggesting the brochure handout at the Success cologne challenge; saying Dee's words on the Walgreen's cube were too negative), they were ignored or dismissed outright.
    Quemoni, AZChristian and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I don't know about all the concept ideas she may have suggested, but Dayana had become so marginalized that even when she came up with good ideas or input (e.g., suggesting the brochure handout at the Success cologne challenge
    Dayana suggested it 5 minutes before the print deadline. It was impossible to design and prepare a print order in 5 minutes. We heard Clay tell her there wasn't time.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I don't know about all the concept ideas she may have suggested, but Dayana had become so marginalized that even when she came up with good ideas or input (e.g., suggesting the brochure handout at the Success cologne challenge; saying Dee's words on the Walgreen's cube were too negative), they were ignored or dismissed outright.
    Her input/complaints was spot on at times, but if you have a complaint you need to come up with an idea that is better.

I'm not saying that she wasn't marginalized, but she was marginalized by most because her ideas were bad. Only Lisa had a personal problem with her and even she gave her credit when she did things well. From what they showed us on the show though she doesn't have a creative bone in her body .

+ Reply to Thread