+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 4/22 Episode_Winning By A Nose ****SPOILERS****

FORT Fogey

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 4/22 Episode_Winning By A Nose ****SPOILERS****

Is it me or did the producers and trump handed the win to audrey's team for many reason reality tv wise? I think clay's team actually won
    Quemoni likes this.

As much as I would like to believe that Clay really won the task, and as much as I understand that Trump can and does give out wins or reasons other than merit... I think Clay lost this one. Bad slogan, no takeaways, and Clay was completely unprepared to give a presentation.
    jucamer likes this.
    Check out my recaps of Dr. Who and other TV shows at http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Srsly View Post
    At 6'1" I just don't see Clay as being little in any way. I think it is easy to think he's not that tall considering his time on TV is often next to huge guys like Ruben at 6'4" and 450 lbs, Penn at 6'7" and Lou F. at 6'5" but among normal people anyone over 6 feet is considered quite a big guy.
    Thanks, but it was just a joke. I was trying to convey an image that some may have of him, not his height.

Quote Originally Posted by abrahammy View Post
    As much as I would like to believe that Clay really won the task, and as much as I understand that Trump can and does give out wins or reasons other than merit... I think Clay lost this one. Bad slogan, no takeaways, and Clay was completely unprepared to give a presentation.
    My case I was referring to the display only - it was by far the better display set up. Even I knew the moment they didn't have at least smelling testers or takeaways (which Dayanna did mention and it was ignored), they weren't going to win.

Having everything in the display is why Aubrey won. Personally, the moment she put down a fellow colleague in her presentation, she'd taken a HUGE knock in my book and possibly lost out for it. (yes, I took her comments to Arsenio as out of line for a presentation).

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Did anyone else notice the scent sticks on the right (facing it) of the display, or was I seeing things? I was wondering why they didn't bring any attention to them.
    They were hard to see - this is why I think display case wise, Clay had the better one.

Unfortunately, a bad slogan and missing items usually on a perfume, and sometimes cologne, display (the scent sticks more than takeaways), was what did them in.

It bugged me more that Aubrey thought that her display was worthy of the $100,000 personally. Narcissitic to the point that it will be her downfall.

On next week's teaser - in spoilers as it's speculation
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I think we're being set up for either a Clay, Lisa or Dayana elimination, but more likely Lisa. The EXCEPTION is that Dayana kicks butt here - and she's shown she can - and makes her team eat crown [sic] when she wins the challenge.

(yes this is daydreaming mind you but) It'd be nice though that even if they win that Lisa gets so hopping mad that she walks out anyway. Then Aubrey gets mad and then tries to tear up Dayana which leads to Trump pulling a second firing and she goes away. Then it's down to anyone I'd be OK with winning.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Penn will probably be sent packing but truthfully it should be Clay. He was the PM - didn't have control of the team, made a very bad presentation and nixed the fragrance sticks....
    They had fragrance sticks. one set for each side of the display.

infzf6.jpg

FORT Fogey

If this was non-celebrity Apprentice, I think Clay would have been fired: Trump doesn't like indecisive leaders. Of course instead of the guy in the ad from Clay's team, they should have had a picture of the bottle of perfume. The product must always be central to an ad!

FORT Fogey

Aubrey doesn't bother me. Sure she is egocentric but she is creative. Even when on the losing team it was her effort and skill that was prominant in each task. The women did not lose because of her, they lost because the other team was slightly better. Most tasks were a very close call. If I were in the final two I would choose her to help me, absolutely.

I loved Penn's exit.
    monie likes this.

Penn is nice, classy, and mature, but didn't provide much entertainment value. He had some good fatherly moments (consoling Dayana, for one).

"You Earned It" was so weak and far too similar to L'Oreal's "Because You're Worth It" (which Dayana says in one of her currently running TV ads).

Hoping D sticks around long enough to make Clay think straight.

DAYANALOREALPARIS.jpg
    Last edited by CharmOffensive; 04-23-2012 at 06:41 AM.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

FORT Fogey

I was really sad to see Penn go. I really liked what he brought to the show both as a competitor, and as a guy who showed that you could be classy and still be entertaining on a reality show. He's just one of those people who I've come to really really like. When he does interviews, even when I disagree with him, I love listening to the way he lays out his thoughts. As often these days as people think they have to tear apart anyone who differs from them, I find Penn very refreshing. And I guess I must not be a good cologne consumer (even though Aubrey says I should be buying all cologne for my husband) because I LOVED Penn's slogan. To me, Clay's team disaplay looked like something that could be lifted out of the room and placed right in Macy's. Aubrey's team looked cheap, and more like a high school play set (made by high school kids) than I professional store display. I see displays in Macy's all the time that feature a big picture and it's usually a picture from an ad campaign so I didn't understand why they didn't like having such a large picture. If Macy's wanted to see more product on display, then they needed to provide the teams with more product!

+ Reply to Thread