+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 4/15 Episode ****SPOILERS****

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 4/15 Episode ****SPOILERS****

I'm sorry . . .

I do NOT care for Lisa's constant, sniping putdowns of Dayana and her accent.

I'm NOT Hispanic, and I find that VERY offensive.

I think perhaps some may not understand or agree with my feelings and opinions, and I accept that.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile View Post
    I lived in South America for 8 years and I want to punch Lisa right in the mouth.
    I've only been as far south as Costa Rica for one day . . . and I'd like to punch her, too. What a pathetic person.

(And I say this when I haven't even seen tonight's show yet . . . just based on past performances.)
    sunshine3331 likes this.

Did Aubrey just say that she usually impresses herself?

Is THAT what I heard?

ETA . . .

Have to give it up to him . . .

Eric Trump is NOBODY'S fool.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by langslowblack View Post
    They don't know what character they will be getting in improv. If Dayana was up there it wouldn't have been spanish. I usually think Lisa is stupid for not using Dayana very much, but not this time. Pennn, Lisa and Clay have extensive stage experience. Improv is hard even for people with stage experience. They had to use the best team members for the job. That being said Lisa's job as team manager is to utilize all her team members. She could have found Dayana something to do if she wanted to.
    I might be nervous having Dayana do improv too - she has said herself she's sometimes slower because she has to translate in her head - but Dayana did improvise well on the Walgreen's task when Penn said Wal-Mart.
    ness likes this.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    I'm sorry . . .

I do NOT care for Lisa's constant, sniping putdowns of Dayana and her accent.

I'm NOT Hispanic, and I find that VERY offensive.

I think perhaps some may not understand or agree with my feelings and opinions, and I accept that.
    I KNOW this is just a TV show, but even Lisa refers to the boardroom as though it were an actual business meeting.

Having said that - as a resident of Arizona, I can assure you that making fun of someone because of their accent (e.g., Dayana) or disability (e.g., Lou) - especially in a large corporate organization - is grounds for dismissal. I actually know of a situation where a coworker was given an official warning because he felt that candy was missing from his desk that was likely taken by the night cleaning crew. First, he put up a sign that said, "Do not take my candy." When that didn't stop the candy from going missing, he translated the sign into Spanish. Someone in the company of Spanish descent reported it, and the coworker was advised that his sign was an inference that only hispanic people were on the janitorial crew, and that was considered an ethnic stereotype.

So Lisa should have been fired the first time she started the slurs against anyone. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I might be nervous having Dayana do improv too - she has said herself she's sometimes slower because she has to translate in her head - but Dayana did improvise well on the Walgreen's task when Penn said Wal-Mart.
    She sure did.

She SAVED that fumble.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think Paul is over this whole thing. He is ready to g-o.

Inside her head, Lisa lives in bullyland, and is in full denial of it.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 04-15-2012 at 09:56 PM.
    ness likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I KNOW this is just a TV show, but even Lisa refers to the boardroom as though it were an actual business meeting.

Having said that - as a resident of Arizona, I can assure you that making fun of someone because of their accent (e.g., Dayana) or disability (e.g., Lou) - especially in a large corporate organization - is grounds for dismissal. I actually know of a situation where a coworker was given an official warning because he felt that candy was missing from his desk that was likely taken by the night cleaning crew. First, he put up a sign that said, "Do not take my candy." When that didn't stop the candy from going missing, he translated the sign into Spanish. Someone in the company of Spanish descent reported it, and the coworker was advised that his sign was an inference that only hispanic people were on the janitorial crew, and that was considered an ethnic stereotype.

So Lisa should have been fired the first time she started the slurs against anyone. JMO.
    Agreed.

JMHO, but the very first time Trump saw or was made aware of what she was doing to and saying about Dayana (and yes, I think that he WAS definitely made aware, at some point), he should've shown her the door. If he hadn't thought about it, the conduct of persons on this show DOES reflect back on him. And if he's willing to put up with someone of Lisa's caliber --- even down to the alley she brings/brought into the boardroom, FORGET the constant Dayana putdowns, for a second --- week after week, then just what does that indicate about HIM as a person, let ALONE businessman?

Aubrey thinks she is carrying the whole team what with all her expertise in improv and being creative! I would to hear what her team mates are thinking as they watch this on tv every week.
    Lisa has a real hate on for Dayana. For what reason who knows but she cant handle these feelings. Poor Dayana having to listen to that accent and that stuff the puppets said about vapid models on the beach! Lisa never misses a chance to get a dig at Dayana.
    Kip and ness like this.

Lisa is crazy.

She makes Maleficent look like Glinda the Good Witch.

That woman needs SERIOUS help.

I do not BLAME Clay and Penn for staying out of her bull when she was throwing down on Dayana out of nowhere.
    Last edited by ness; 04-15-2012 at 10:08 PM.
    Kip likes this.

+ Reply to Thread