+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 4/15 Episode ****SPOILERS****

FORT Fogey

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 4/15 Episode ****SPOILERS****

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I'm watching to see who is cunning enough to stay out of trouble and creep their way to be one of the last two standing. It seems to be a combo of Survivor and Big Brother. I thought it was supposed to be about who could out-manage (business wise) everyone else; but with the alpha personalities of celebrities clashing, drama rather than business sense seems to be the order of the day - at least for the viewer. This is my first season; I'll now need to watch a non-celebrity season to see if the same format applies...I mean, other than making money for charity.
    I thought they were just doing Celebrity Apprentice because the ratings for the regular Apprentice weren't good enough. Lisa hasn't been fired because she creates drama. Trump is keeping her around for ratings. I don't think Trump would let her win.

Quote Originally Posted by Badseed View Post
    Pretty much the same concept applies actually. Trump claims that you can't win by going under the radar, but you kind of have to. It's really easy to get into a Catch-22 scenario, and Trump is so unforgiving about failed risks that it's not worth taking any.
    I think Trace Adkins from a few seasons back was a master at this. He did his job well, stayed pretty quiet most of the time, and ended up in the final two. I believe he lost solely because Piers Morgan raised more cash for the final challenge.
    mom2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I thought they were just doing Celebrity Apprentice because the ratings for the regular Apprentice weren't good enough. Lisa hasn't been fired because she creates drama. Trump is keeping her around for ratings. I don't think Trump would let her win.
    I would think not either EXCEPT that he let Joan Rivers - who QUIT the show, to not only return but to win. Annie had won by a landslide on the fundraising task, was not allowed to defend her case, and Joan just happened to be good friends with Trump.

Personally, I hope that if the final show is live, and Lisa by some miracle does make final two, Trump takes into factor the media currently on some of her incidents such as calling Dayana what she did into factor.

Lisa's current big mistake to winning this is calling a (former) Miss Universe - which is run by Trump - a racist slur.
    mom2 and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Who was it that said, when asked if she would marry another comedian, "No! Comedians are all crazy!" I think that comedians are born from/perform from a place of pain. I remember seeing Steve Harvy in a small comedy club, not long before he went "big" and, while he was hilarious, I could hear the pain and anger in his routine. Fortunately, he was not hateful or spiteful.

Honestly, I think they learned to do what they do to keep people off them. When they are young, there is that knowledge that they can cut you to ribbons with their wit and their tongue.
    Joan Rivers advice to Katy Perry
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    That's what I thought. I didn't think they were still doing a non celebrity apprentice. After this lot. I don't think it would fly( jmo)

I think Trace Adkins from a few seasons back was a master at this. He did his job well, stayed pretty quiet most of the time, and ended up in the final two. I believe he lost solely because Piers Morgan raised more cash for the final challenge.
    I loved Piers Morgan on CA .Loved it.I had him pegged to win after one week one.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Srsly View Post
    I can't think of a single episode that isn't a good example of her psychotic personality. Just spin the wheel or throw a dart. You'll win every time.
    That's pretty good and funny! Thanks for all the comments about how I can see Lisa in full form.

I kind of see what you tallking about. I think that perhaps I'm used to hard driven, nasty fighting women. I am an attorney and have practiced law for many years. I have seen my share of professionals who are quite a handfull. We fight it out in court and then don't take it personally. We later socialize and don't hold a grudge. (I don't think I'm a jerk though. LOL) Perhaps, I'm just used to it. If I were a contestant on that show, I don't think I would be surprised in the least bit with characters like Lisa.

FORT Regular

Amazing what a little context and making it mostly through a season will do...remember Lisa's meltdown a few months ago towards NBC over Knicks tickets and sitting in the 11th row while Dayana sat in the front?

Lisa Lampanelli Unloads on NBC -- You Pissed Me Off at The Knicks Game | TMZ.com
    Dragonlady likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by socalledchaos View Post
    Amazing what a little context and making it mostly through a season will do...remember Lisa's meltdown a few months ago towards NBC over Knicks tickets and sitting in the 11th row while Dayana sat in the front?

Lisa Lampanelli Unloads on NBC -- You Pissed Me Off at The Knicks Game | TMZ.com
    That must have made her ROYALLY angry. But then, doesn't everything?

A lot of people would have been HAPPY for free seats in the 11th row. NBC "owed" her nothing. She got paid for what she did on Celebrity Apprentice. Overpaid, IMHO.
    jucamer and sparklete like this.

Sounds like this set the stage for her resentment of Dayana, before the show even started!

Quote Originally Posted by socalledchaos View Post

So this is who they were talking about! I remember reading that and having no idea who either of them were. They probably put Lisa back there less for her looks and more for her mouth...I shudder to think what comments she might make to the players!
    sparklete likes this.

+ Reply to Thread