+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 4/15 Episode ****SPOILERS****

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 4/15 Episode ****SPOILERS****

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I love Clay, love love love. Is his blog posted??
    The Apprentice Show Series on NBC: Clay's Take

I enjoy getting an inside look. It is interesting to me that Clay somewhat defended Lisa. I see what he's saying, but Lisa still went WAY overboard.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by french dip View Post
    Is it possible that the Trumpster is still really pissed at Lisa for her brutal roasting of him (I have no clue how brutal, but I can bet it was BAAAD) that he is letting her hang herself on national tv and that his Miss Universe is in on it?

Just a thought I had.....
    Trump keeps saying how brutal her roast of him was, but it was actually pretty tame, all things considered. Her most brutal line to him was, "You are the ultimate proof that money can buy good looking *****. If you were broke, you'd be f****** me." I'm sure he even knows that's true and it was one of the only lines from the entire show that he truly laughed at.

I don't think Lisa's a bigot, but her radio rant on Dayana probably alienated some of her fan base, even if her entire brand of humor is insult comedy. There's a big difference between racial humor that has a set-up and a punchline and just blurting out "She's a s***!" We all remember Michael Richards yelling out the same thing on stage, simply replacing one derogatory name for another, and we all know how well that turned out.

Sad to see Paul go, but it was inevitable. He may come out of this as the ultimate winner though. Not only will he have likely raised more money for his charity than anyone else besides the winner of the show, but he's the only person that The Trumps have actually hired (doing the signage for Ivanka's clothing line).

Teresa...I don't get it. She's nice, but I have no idea how she has lasted this long. She just doesn't seem very bright. Well-meaning and nice, but not bright.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    The Apprentice Show Series on NBC: Clay's Take

I enjoy getting an inside look. It is interesting to me that Clay somewhat defended Lisa. I see what he's saying, but Lisa still went WAY overboard.
    Thank you! its interesting to see what he has to say.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Sadly Penn is not mucvh better than Lisa when it comes to there way he treats people, well, in his case women. He calls them the c word and why&*s. a few months ago he wrote an article attacking a female blogger (a complete stranger) for not being funny, iho. He let loose with the c word and the word wh%&e. Now, what's
    even more pathetic is he was blasting her about a subject he admittedly knew nothing about (this years super bowl ads- she had written a piece critiquing them) as he admitted to not watching the super bowl. I also find him to be condescending in the way he handles people he perceives to be, at least in his world, inferior to him. I'm sure lots of people watching don't like Lou, but from the get go I felt on an emotional level that Penn decided to tune him out regardless. It was rude and the way he went about it was dismissive.Then throw in his accusation that Lou hit him (which Clay denied happening and I'll take level headed Clay's take on it over Penn's twiitter tantrums)) and i just don't like the guy. Plus he named his baby girl something like Trixie Superhero.Which has nothing to do with the show lol
    Srsly likes this.
    "You have to remember, sometimes your `buddy' isn't really your `buddy' in this game." -Donny

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What Teresa is good at is popping out babies and, it doesn't take brains to do that. Every now and then, she seems to have a thought, but it's like the sun peeking out from the clouds on an extremely overcast day.....it's there for a second, and then it's gone! Gee Whiz, this idiot didn't even know a nursery rhyme...with all of those small children. How embarrassingly pathetic!

And, just because people have money or are "successful" in show business doesn't mean that they cannot be rednecks. *Ahem* Trump, Lisa, Penn! *Ahem*
    Last edited by prhoshay; 04-16-2012 at 04:07 PM.
    lizardcat likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Paul really dropped the ball on that one. It should have been as simple as "Theresa had a tin ear for improv." She was very lucky that the Trumps glossed over that completely.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    What Teresa is good at is popping out babies and, it doesn't take brains to do that. Every now and then, she seems to have a thought, but it's like the sun peeking out from the clouds on an extremely overcast day.....it's there for a second, and then it's gone! Gee Whiz, this idiot didn't even know a nursery rhyme...with all of those small children. How embarrassingly pathetic!
    Yeah, I wasn't too impressed by Teresa, who talks about her mothering abilities at every turn, not knowing the words to a single nursery rhyme.

Also loved Aubrey's comment about Teresa going home every night after CA to her kids...like she's rushing home to cook dinner and help with homework. Most of these tasks go into the night. I certainly hope her kids are not still up when she gets home!

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Plus he named his baby girl something like Trixie Superhero.Which has nothing to do with the show lol
    Moxie Crimefighter. I remember it from a thread on another message board full of stupid celeb kid names a few years ago.

Jason Lee ("My Name is Earl") named his kid Pilot Inspector (or it might have been Inspector Pilot...either way, ridiculous)

That's really disappointing to read that Penn engages in twitter wars. I would have thought he'd be more reasonable than that.
    Save that crap for lunatics like Lisa.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Sadly Penn is not mucvh better than Lisa when it comes to there way he treats people, well, in his case women. He calls them the c word and why&*s. a few months ago he wrote an article attacking a female blogger (a complete stranger) for not being funny, iho. He let loose with the c word and the word wh%&e. Now, what's
    even more pathetic is he was blasting her about a subject he admittedly knew nothing about (this years super bowl ads- she had written a piece critiquing them) as he admitted to not watching the super bowl. I also find him to be condescending in the way he handles people he perceives to be, at least in his world, inferior to him. I'm sure lots of people watching don't like Lou, but from the get go I felt on an emotional level that Penn decided to tune him out regardless. It was rude and the way he went about it was dismissive.Then throw in his accusation that Lou hit him (which Clay denied happening and I'll take level headed Clay's take on it over Penn's twiitter tantrums)) and i just don't like the guy. Plus he named his baby girl something like Trixie Superhero.Which has nothing to do with the show lol
    Did Clay deny that it happened? The only thing I read is that Clay twittered "What 1 calls a hit, another calls tough guy greeting." So I took that to mean there was something physical that happened, and Penn said it was a hit and Lou claimed he was playfully rough-housing. It sounded to me like Clay didn't want to take a side on that - at least not publicly. Maybe he said something else later?
    Srsly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I totally agree with you, Ness, and your reasoning. I would also like to add that Trump made a point of mentioning a couple of times how the Henson people really liked the work that Dayana did. Under normal circumstances, I don't think he would give a person that many props for making a puppet... but he was trying to lift her up a little, and let her know that she's appreciated by who counts: the Trumps. He even made extra mention of it after they won and they were getting up to leave the table.

As for Clay and Penn, I can understand why they are keeping the mouths shut for now. This is still a game, and Dayana is a big girl. As long as they continue to be kind and supportive of Dayana, they understand she has her big girl panties on. Lisa, on the other hand, looks a complete fool when she cries for them to back her up. They refuse to, but they don't stir it up just before a task by going against her either.

Clay.
    You know, he's possibly the best player this game has ever seen. First of all, he's incredibly multi-talented, and he proved it again with his improvisational skills this week. Beyond his talents that serve him well in tasks, is his ability to actually manipulate the game in his favour at every turn.

For example:
    1)Penn was kind of top dog, until Clay called him out under strange circumstances. He effectively took down Penn's confidence a couple of notches and left him thinking twice and three times before Penn said anything. It was a sly move and done under the guise of being a "team player" but I don't think he thought Lou was all that good, he just needed to take Penn down a notch. It did put some heat on Clay a little, but next time...
    2) He and Arsenio knocked Aubrey's feet out from under her. Now, she is also in the position of not knowing what she can or cannot say. This was more engineered by Arsenio, but Clay was right there, supporting Arsenio.
    3) Clay gets moved to Lisa's team just after he had a little tiff with her. He quickly begins working with Lisa well... and he also does not try to mend the rift between Lisa and Dayana. It was Clay who said to Lisa "I would like to hear your Spanish accent", and it was Clay who got Lisa going on the bit about "vapid models." These things visibly upset Dayana. Then, he had to know that Lisa was going to lose it a bit, but it was CLAY, not Dayana, who brought up how maybe Dayana could be doing something in front of the camera. Intentional or un-intentional, it was Clay's remark that led Lisa to going ape-scat crazy on Dayana again.

I love Clay, but personally, I would not trust playing a game with this guy unless I knew he was firmly on my side! Where Lisa rants and raves to get things her way, Clay weaves in and out with subtle manipulation to keep everything in his favour. It's kind of brilliant.

spockwhat . . .

I TOTALLY believe you've got Trump pegged dead to rights, too. You're right . . . He WAS stroking Dayana, as well. And truth be told, even MORE so than he was Lisa. He absolutely just is not the type to do something like that --- as you well pointed out --- had he not known what was going on with her and how she was being abused when no one thought he was aware of it. That was his was of saying: "Chin up, girl! I gotcha back!"

And as much as I don't really care for the man, I really believe that he knows and DOES have Dayana's back, on this.

I only hope that she wasn't too upset to not to be able to see/feel what he was doing with his comments to/about her in the boardroom.

Clay?

You are dead on there, too.

He is SCARILY good at playing this game. For me, what I believe his strength is is that as soon as he opens his mouth to speak, and that North Carolina twang hits the air, people automatically assume he doesn't have two brain cells to rub together (kind of in the same vein as Jim Nabors/Gomer Pyle, I think). Even THOUGH he has proven, time and again, that one had better go to sleep with one eye open, around him. He pulled the rug out from under Penn by going off on him unexpectedly. Penn never saw it coming, and neither did we. Penn has been treading lightly around him ever since. He unobtrusively (with the rest of the team) helped to guide Lou through to a win in his first task as PM. As you've said, he tag-teamed with Arsenio to knock the props out from under Aubrey, etc., etc. The manipulation with the "vapid models" thing with Lisa? Oh. My. God!

Clay IS, indeed, a master manipulator, and yep, I can see him in the F2.

Hell, I wouldn't want to face off with him at high noon in the middle of the street on a sunny day, let ALONE at midnight in a dark, back alley somewhere. And I SURE wouldn't play against him in a game like this.

The man is a force to be reckoned with.

And as for Clay and Penn keeping their mouths shut while Lisa was going off on Dayana?

I don't blame them. 1. You're right. Dayana IS a big girl. Plus, neither of them did not directly have a dog in that fight at that time, so why step in to try to reason with/stop/verbally separate the combatants, and possibly draw back a bloody nub for your trouble? 2. Ever heard the saying: "'Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt?" Lisa was making herself look enough of a fool all BY herself, as it was, by running off at the mouth like she did. Why choose to join her on a stool in the corner, wearing a Dunce cap? And she even made herself look even WORSE after Dayana left and she took Penn and Clay to task for not supporting her.

Good points and observations, all!
    Srsly likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread