+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 4/15 Episode ****SPOILERS****

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 4/15 Episode ****SPOILERS****

Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but... I can only believe that the producers or Trump or whomever have approached Dayana to check in with her about the crazy abuse. She is incredibly mature (and the youngest one on the cast, too, I believe!), so she may have just told them to let Lisa hang herself. Lisa looks like an absolute fool when she goes off on Dayana, especially when she sets her up so blatantly (won't give Dayana work to do, then complains in the boardroom that she didn't do anything). Doesn't she realize cameras are rolling all the time?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Lisa and Aubrey remind me of a nasty mother-daughter combination....not unlike Joan and Melissa. Some mothers and daughters are fine....until you get them in the same room or working in a group with other people...which, I've learned (through experience), should probably never be allowed.
    jucamer likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    I really don't think Lisa has Trump fooled. I also think that, yes, he DOES have people telling him how she's treating Dayana (in this latest case, Eric).
    I totally agree with you, Ness, and your reasoning. I would also like to add that Trump made a point of mentioning a couple of times how the Henson people really liked the work that Dayana did. Under normal circumstances, I don't think he would give a person that many props for making a puppet... but he was trying to lift her up a little, and let her know that she's appreciated by who counts: the Trumps. He even made extra mention of it after they won and they were getting up to leave the table.

As for Clay and Penn, I can understand why they are keeping the mouths shut for now. This is still a game, and Dayana is a big girl. As long as they continue to be kind and supportive of Dayana, they understand she has her big girl panties on. Lisa, on the other hand, looks a complete fool when she cries for them to back her up. They refuse to, but they don't stir it up just before a task by going against her either.

Clay.
    You know, he's possibly the best player this game has ever seen. First of all, he's incredibly multi-talented, and he proved it again with his improvisational skills this week. Beyond his talents that serve him well in tasks, is his ability to actually manipulate the game in his favour at every turn.

For example:
    1)Penn was kind of top dog, until Clay called him out under strange circumstances. He effectively took down Penn's confidence a couple of notches and left him thinking twice and three times before Penn said anything. It was a sly move and done under the guise of being a "team player" but I don't think he thought Lou was all that good, he just needed to take Penn down a notch. It did put some heat on Clay a little, but next time...
    2) He and Arsenio knocked Aubrey's feet out from under her. Now, she is also in the position of not knowing what she can or cannot say. This was more engineered by Arsenio, but Clay was right there, supporting Arsenio.
    3) Clay gets moved to Lisa's team just after he had a little tiff with her. He quickly begins working with Lisa well... and he also does not try to mend the rift between Lisa and Dayana. It was Clay who said to Lisa "I would like to hear your Spanish accent", and it was Clay who got Lisa going on the bit about "vapid models." These things visibly upset Dayana. Then, he had to know that Lisa was going to lose it a bit, but it was CLAY, not Dayana, who brought up how maybe Dayana could be doing something in front of the camera. Intentional or un-intentional, it was Clay's remark that led Lisa to going ape-scat crazy on Dayana again.

I love Clay, but personally, I would not trust playing a game with this guy unless I knew he was firmly on my side! Where Lisa rants and raves to get things her way, Clay weaves in and out with subtle manipulation to keep everything in his favour. It's kind of brilliant.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 04-16-2012 at 02:03 PM.
    NCLurker, ness, Shoepie and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    I'm sorry . . .

I do NOT care for Lisa's constant, sniping putdowns of Dayana and her accent.

I'm NOT Hispanic, and I find that VERY offensive.

I think perhaps some may not understand or agree with my feelings and opinions, and I accept that.
    I adore Dayana's accent. I have only one complaint about accents that are as cute as Dayana's, and I am sure many of you must have experienced it.
    That is sometimes that while listening to how cute it sounds I can miss what is being said.

By the way, I wonder how many languages Lisa speaks fluently.
    ness likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I totally agree with you, Ness, and your reasoning. I would also like to add that Trump made a point of mentioning a couple of times how the Henson people really liked the work that Dayana did. Under normal circumstances, I don't think he would give a person that many props for making a puppet... but he was trying to lift her up a little, and let her know that she's appreciated by who counts: the Trumps. He even made extra mention of it after they won and they were getting up to leave the table.

As for Clay and Penn, I can understand why they are keeping the mouths shut for now. This is still a game, and Dayana is a big girl. As long as they continue to be kind and supportive of Dayana, they understand she has her big girl panties on. Lisa, on the other hand, looks a complete fool when she cries for them to back her up. They refuse to, but they don't stir it up just before a task by going against her either.

Clay.
    You know, he's possibly the best player this game has ever seen. First of all, he's incredibly multi-talented, and he proved it again with his improvisational skills this week. Beyond his talents that serve him well in tasks, is his ability to actually manipulate the game in his favour at every turn.

For example:
    1)Penn was kind of top dog, until Clay called him out under strange circumstances. He effectively took down Penn's confidence a couple of notches and left him thinking twice and three times before Penn said anything. It was a sly move and done under the guise of being a "team player" but I don't think he thought Lou was all that good, he just needed to take Penn down a notch. It did put some heat on Clay a little, but next time...
    2) He and Arsenio knocked Aubrey's feet out from under her. Now, she is also in the position of not knowing what she can or cannot say. This was more engineered by Arsenio, but Clay was right there, supporting Arsenio.
    3) Clay gets moved to Lisa's team just after he had a little tiff with her. He quickly begins working with Lisa well... and he also does not try to mend the rift between Lisa and Dayana. It was Clay who said to Lisa "I would like to hear your Spanish accent", and it was Clay who got Lisa going on the bit about "vapid models." These things visibly upset Dayana. Then, he had to know that Lisa was going to lose it a bit, but it was CLAY, not Dayana, who brought up how maybe Dayana could be doing something in front of the camera. Intentional or un-intentional, it was Clay's remark that led Lisa to going ape-scat crazy on Dayana again.

I love Clay, but personally, I would not trust playing a game with this guy unless I knew he was firmly on my side! Where Lisa rants and raves to get things her way, Clay weaves in and out with subtle manipulation to keep everything in his favour. It's kind of brilliant.
    I love this! I hadn't thought of all these points, but they all add up.

Clay is also very smart to leave Penn alone at this point and just quietly co-exist. No reason to make an enemy. Penn never quite regained his leadership position after that tiff with Clay, and that has served Clay very well.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    I think what's sad is Lampinella is not being held responsible for her choice to behave so badly. No one is interceding and correcting her behavior. Trump and his children are as culpable as Lampinella is, for letting her go off on these crude base tirades. She's an embarrassment. Last week when she was going off on Lou for `threatening her' she was no better, in fact worse, because she won't shut up. Every other word out of her mouth has to be bleeped. Dayana has to do all the work defending herself. This empowers a verbal bully like Lampinella. She has free reign to verbally assault Dayana. Dayana is probably just a mess inside , ready to cry and i know part of her wants to get down in the muck with Lampinella so she can inflict the same sort of verbal carnage on lampinella (God knows it would be easy to rip Lampinella into shreds). But, Dayana has a moral compass, is genuinely well mannered and will only react in a dignified manner, even in defending herself and letting Lisa know Lisa is wrong. It's killing me watching Dayana maintaining such composure because I kinow it's an exhausting task to choose not to lower yourself time and time again. And the bully, being so low and crude cannot handle someone like Dayana who will not lower or debase herself no matter how many times the bully tries to lay the trap. I wish someone would speak up for Dayana. But this is par for the course in real life, too. The victim stands alone.
    I did that for someone once, stepped in, and she turned and said, "Excuse me but I already had Mommy and a Daddy".
    Sometimes stepping in to be the fixer, results in the victim feeling undermined and I think Dayana does a remarkable job of taking care of herself. She is a strong and poised young lady and when allowed to speak, quite articulate in a language that is not her first language.

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    I was too. Game or no game, when someone is being verbally abused five feet in front of your face, you do something about it. Even the producer (or the person who leads the contestants in their confessionals) knows they should have stepped up. Penn seemed to answer the question, "Why didn't you say something?", to which Penn answered something along the line of, when someone yells and gets loud, he gets quiet.
    I saw Penn comfortingly pat/stroke Lisa on the shoulder during the "we did it" scene between Clay and Lisa.
    I also thought Penn gave the appearance of supporting Lisa when he offered to go talk to Dayana. He also pretended to be giving Dayana "advice" but was actually doing what Lisa wanted. Penn is making some tactical moves here.

Mohandas Gandhi

Is it possible that the Trumpster is still really pissed at Lisa for her brutal roasting of him (I have no clue how brutal, but I can bet it was BAAAD) that he is letting her hang herself on national tv and that his Miss Universe is in on it?

Just a thought I had.....

FORT Fogey

if you listen to Dayana at Miss universe 2008, her english was really so so and 4 yrs later, i think it is excellent now

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I saw Penn comfortingly pat/stroke Lisa on the shoulder during the "we did it" scene between Clay and Lisa.
    I also thought Penn gave the appearance of supporting Lisa when he offered to go talk to Dayana. He also pretended to be giving Dayana "advice" but was actually doing what Lisa wanted. Penn is making some tactical moves here.
    Yes, I don't think Penn should be underestimated. However, I think most of the time what Penn does is bourne of kindness and a want to keep the peace... whereas Clay may be playing the game a little harder. It makes me really like Penn and admire Clay. In other words, I think Penn would make a great friend, and Clay would too, but you'd want to keep a close eye on that Clay.
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread