+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree230Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 4/8 Episode ****SPOILERS****

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 4/8 Episode ****SPOILERS****

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    At the start of each task, Lisa simply takes over. We've seen her simply ignore others ideas right from the start in favour of he own or Aubreys. She writes, so she takes over. We haven't actually seen ANYone jump on Lisa for being a consistant loser in or out of the boardroom, so it's the opposite. I think Patricia or Dayana mentioned it once, but they were meek. No 'jump on' or 'throwing under the bus', at all!
    I think they actually think she does have good ideas, but aren't really thinking of those ideas as losers because quite often the losses were 'close'. They need to realize she's a dud and take appropriate action. In other words, they need to do what you are accusing them of... throw her under the bus. She loses task after task, and then crows about how great she is and how she is the most safe of the group. WEIRD.
    People will often ask or I will offer to put something into words for them in writing. I am am not saying I am a talented writer, it's just that sometimes people think I can express their ideas in writing. I think it has to do with my verbosity.

The point is it begins as their idea(s) but since I am writing it, I am in a way, editing their thoughts and influencing the final product with my own thinking. Thus it can transform into what I think is the better or funnier or most acceptable way to express their thoughts, and alter the main idea.

As an example, if Aubrey had been writing/editing the script for Unanimous. she would have automatically used the term "old school" instead of old fashioned. I actually think she was correct because old school has some positive or neutral vibes, while old-fashioned sounds a tad negative.

I don't know if I am being clear here,(so much for any writing talent ) but my opinion is that when Lisa or Aubrey take over the writing, the final product is a collaboration, but the writer absolutely is accountable.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Whatever her ideas, Lisa does come across as very authoritative during the tasks. She carries a clipboard, puts on her reading glasses, and knows all the shop talk about production. (Aubrey used to do this, too--she sounded like a leader, until you realized the actual content she was suggesting was blatantly crazy.) I think this is why others defer to her during tasks--because first chance she gets, she acts like she's the one in charge.

I think the opposite is true for Dayana. Between her youth, her beauty, and her softer tone, she doesn't appear the tough executive. She sits on the outside of the circle, and her demeanor kind of says, "Hey guys! Look at me! I have an idea, too!" It really doesn't matter what the content is at that point, especially since Lisa begins eye-rolling the minute Dayana opens her mouth. Yet she's made good suggestions and famously saved the day when Penn called Walgreen's "Walmart." I'm glad she has managed to stick around.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    [snipped] As an example, if Aubrey had been writing/editing the script for Unanimous. she would have automatically used the term "old school" instead of old fashioned. I actually think she was correct because old school has some positive or neutral vibes, while old-fashioned sounds a tad negative. ...
    I agree. It would have been nice though if she had noticed that while they were filming. Arsenio and Clay may have changed it had they had time.

Aubrey was also correct, in terms of graphic design, about which photo of Arsenio should be used. But she goes about it all wrong. I've done both editing and design work. You present your case to the client as to the benefits of how you've written it or designed it, but it's the client's final call. Aubrey did make her case to Arsenio, but she should have gone with what he wanted. I doubt very much, though, that the Walgreen's execs would have picked up on the minor design flaw. And even with Arsenio's photo smaller, the design would have worked with Arsenio on the top of the box and the other 4 around the sides.

I so loved Ivanka calling out Aubrey on still hogging the spotlight.
    Dragonlady likes this.

As an example, if Aubrey had been writing/editing the script for Unanimous. she would have automatically used the term "old school" instead of old fashioned. I actually think she was correct because old school has some positive or neutral vibes, while old-fashioned sounds a tad negative.
    The phrase was part of her lines during the taping of the commercial. She's the one that said it, probably numerous times, without noticing that it was not good. I call bull&!@%. That girl is too sneaky for it to be an oversight.
    Last edited by PhoneGrrrl; 04-11-2012 at 12:40 AM. Reason: PG-13 language
    MsDiva2007 and Dragonlady like this.

Just a thought here.... upon the finale with hopefully Clay and Arsenio, we have to remember that Trump will bring back the 'fired' contestants to help with the Project manager. You KNOW they'll bring back Lisa and/or Aubrey to stir the pot for whomever is in the final two. Or Lou, Debbie, or maybe even Cheryl...

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I hated how Trump screwed over Tana by choosing the three worst possible people, one of whom was even fired in just the second episode, to be on her final team back in Season 3, which she ultimately lost.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tvfanz View Post
    Just a thought here.... upon the finale with hopefully Clay and Arsenio, we have to remember that Trump will bring back the 'fired' contestants to help with the Project manager. You KNOW they'll bring back Lisa and/or Aubrey to stir the pot for whomever is in the final two. Or Lou, Debbie, or maybe even Cheryl...
    Yes, and it wouldn't surprise me if Lisa or Aubrey actually sabotage their PM. Them two are a different kind of nasty.
    AZChristian, jucamer and Srsly like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Would Lisa, though?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Would Lisa, though?
    As much as I dont like her, I would have to say no.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Is it OK to post a spoiler if it's masked?

+ Reply to Thread