+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree230Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 4/8 Episode ****SPOILERS****

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 4/8 Episode ****SPOILERS****

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I was also wondering why Trump let Lisa go on and on at Lou! They way Lou was grimacing and making those facial tics, I thought for sure he was going to lose it on her. I guess Trump will push the buttons and let the crap fly, for any entertainment he can get out of it.
    Entertainment but possibly scoping out a reason to fire Lisa. I honestly think to a point he didn't want to fire Lou - I think he's really trying to have a two male finale (or one male and Dayana who really has shone in spite of the really prissy attitudes of most of her female counterparts).

And honestly, with ONE slip of Lisa's tongue - say she said "I've been successful with all the ideas that have been used in the challenge" Dayana or Lou could say "we lost almost all of those challenges" and Trump would've probably fired her.

Lou does have his issues, don't get me wrong, but I don't think Arsenio's rant to Aubrey was nearly as long (though more justified) than Lisa's to Lou.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Count me as one who preferred Dayana's teams' commercial. I thought the other was too suggestive, and I did dislike the "old-fashioned" comment. Of course, it's probably because I'd be one of the people still clipping the coupons. I thought Dayana's teams' commercial was cute and touching.

I was floored that Lisa actually complimented Dayana (although at times it was back-handed). I figured there would be nothing Dayana could do to earn any praise at all from Lisa. It's probably because Lisa had another target. But as we saw in the commercials, it's short-lived. Like others have said, I just LOVED that Dayana mocked Lisa's crying in the boardroom! I had to rewind and watch that again! It's quite interesting to me that the two meanest, nastiest women on this show are also the two biggest criers. If you're going to be mean, be tough too!

One of Lou's grave errors was stating that if Lisa was a man, he'd throw her through the wall - and he said it twice! I guess you could say he was not directly threatening her. But it sure makes Penn's claims of Lou hitting him seem even more plausible (although I believed Penn to begin with). Lou is scary. He's strong, and he obviously isn't adverse to resorting to being physical, even if he does draw the line when it comes to gender.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    Yes Lisa was PM. It was either the first or 2nd task. They lost.
    Which makes it ironic that she called Lou a _________ loser. She seems to have a lot more losses under her belt than he did.
    cablejockey, ness and spockwhat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    My final four would be Penn, Dayana, Arsenio and Clay.
    I would be happy with this or even OK if Paul took the place of Penn or Dayana (definitely NOT the other two).

Those five I feel have been overall the best in terms of ideas (even if executed off), have been fun, fighters, and overall treated people with respect (snarks aside, but in a bubble situation.... I would expect Disney's Snow White to turn into the Wicked Witch of the West).

My favorite final two would be Arsenio/Clay (if an all male finale), or Clay/Dayana (if mixed).

Lisa or Aubrey winning would beat Joan Rivers = barely - as worst "CA" winner.
    Srsly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    While I don't disagree one bit about what you've said about Lisa, and I couldn't remember her being PM either, she has been. I looked up all of Clay's blogs. Lisa was PM on week 2, with the medieval theme.

Here are the lists of who has been a PM and when:

Week:
    1 - Patricia & Paul
    2 - Lisa & Penn
    3 - Dayana & George
    4 - Debbie & Adam
    5 - Tia & Lou
    6 - Aubrey & Clay
    7 - Theresa & Dee
    8 - Lou & Arsenio
    9 - Theresa & Dayana

Next week, based on who was sitting where in the boardroom, it looks like Lisa will be PM, as will Paul. Hey, if Lisa's team loses, maybe she'll finally be held accountable for her team losing - AGAIN! Hopefully somebody will think to bring that up if that is the case.
    Thanks, BuckeyeAddict! I could NOT remember, and didn't think to check Clay's blog. And I TRULY hope somebody DOES hold her accountable as being a mover and shaker in her teams' losses, if they should happen to lose again, this week.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I don't think Lou possesses some skills, (computer for example) and certainly has trouble with social skills... but 'mentally challenged?'
    That is harsh. He's deaf, not stupid. He proved he was smart in some of the challenges and also how he handled the game. It was sneaky and underhanded the way he threw people under the bus. That takes brains, whether you like him or not.
    Sorry, my hackles go up when people who are deaf are declared 'mentally challenged.'
    I agree - it's not quite the same, but I experience similar situations with my stutter. People think that if you have a stutter, you're dumb...

Not knowing that many famous people - Churchill, King George VI, James Earl Jones (!) - are or were stutterers.

Lou to me seems to have more problems with social skills, but reading about his early life with the issues caused by being deaf, I can see where that factors in. Those handicaps are seen as a weakness and are pounced upon.

He isn't - as you said - mentally handicapped. If one listens closely, you can hear exactly what he wants to say (even if you disagree with it). He is also open and honest with his comments, which annoy some people.

This doesn't mean I'm sad he's gone - I knew his time was up on this show - but my biggest irritant is that people see him as stupid due to how he phrases things and even how he sounds. (which sadly I had predicted when they announced the cast.)
    spockwhat likes this.

Does anyone know who the project managers will be next week?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I don't think Lou possesses some skills, (computer for example) and certainly has trouble with social skills... but 'mentally challenged?'
    That is harsh. He's deaf, not stupid. He proved he was smart in some of the challenges and also how he handled the game. It was sneaky and underhanded the way he threw people under the bus. That takes brains, whether you like him or not.
    Sorry, my hackles go up when people who are deaf are declared 'mentally challenged.'
    I was at a loss for words. Okay, not mentally challenged. Insert something softer like not that sharp or on the ball. I didn't mean to imply he had brain damage. He is not on a level playing field.
    sunshine3331 and spockwhat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I was at a loss for words. Okay, not mentally challenged. Insert something softer like not that sharp or on the ball. I didn't mean to imply he had brain damage. He is not on a level playing field.
    Shoepie, I get this. I recently typed something in a hurry on another forum, and it generated WAY more chatter than I could have predicted. I didn't even mean it the way I said it, but...oh, well....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    Shoepie, I get this. I recently typed something in a hurry on another forum, and it generated WAY more chatter than I could have predicted. I didn't even mean it the way I said it, but...oh, well....
    Thanks, I appreciate this. It is exactly what happened.

+ Reply to Thread