+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 3/18/2012 episode 5 - I'M GOING TO MOP THE FLOOR WITH YOU

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3/18/2012 episode 5 - I'M GOING TO MOP THE FLOOR WITH YOU

I was disappointed with Penn last night, but if that tweet is correct, I guess it was justified.

Aubrey is just plain nasty--can't stand her. If I'd been Tia, I would have brought her back just to get her scared for a minute or two. Obviously Tia would have gone in the end, but would have been nice to see Aubrey sweat.

When they announced the cast, I thought Clay would go early--now I agree that he might go all the way to the end.
    NCLurker, tapper01 and Fanny Mare like this.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3/18/2012 episode 5 - I'M GOING TO MOP THE FLOOR WITH YOU

I forgot about this last night. So the men blew a car challange & the women blew a mop challange???
    CharmOffensive and Debb70 like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    I read an article that quoted from Penn Jillette's twitter account, so I Googled it, and read it myself. In response to someone who said that Penn (and Paul) should have apologized to Lou, Penn said (starting at 10:49 March 18), "We have NOTHING to apologize for. He hit up (sic), hurt us, and yelled at us. If they showed that, no one would say that." In another tweet, he also said, "Yeah, if you were there, you would have seen his violence and not condoned it."

I don't know anything about Penn, except for the little I've seen him on the show. I'd heard of him, but had never followed any gossip about him. If this is all true, and not hyperbole, how in the world was Lou not kicked off the show?
    I agree - Lou is still strong enough even now that if he had truly hit Penn, he'd been out like a light and Lou would be out of the game. Trump is no fool and would've factored it in regardless. My brother has had the fortune to meet Lou for a signing and he said that the man has a grip that feels like he can break your hand (and this is a firm handshake mind you).

I think Penn was sulking a bit here, and Clay did point that out. While I do think Clay is using this as a way to further his standing in the contest, he's also honest enough to lay out what he feels with people.

Also, I take Twitter a bit with a grain of salt because it has been known to be hacked and people claim to be people whom they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I agree - Lou is still strong enough even now that if he had truly hit Penn, he'd been out like a light and Lou would be out of the game. Trump is no fool and would've factored it in regardless. My brother has had the fortune to meet Lou for a signing and he said that the man has a grip that feels like he can break your hand (and this is a firm handshake mind you).
    I doubt Lou flat out punched him in anger, but we've seen him use his physicality in a jocular manner to intimidate people. Like with the head twisting. He was probably using his "friendly" rough housing to get back at Penn a bit.

I think the F2 will be Aubrey and Clay.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    I doubt Lou flat out punched him in anger, but we've seen him use his physicality in a jocular manner to intimidate people. Like with the head twisting. He was probably using his "friendly" rough housing to get back at Penn a bit.
    Maybe Lou hit Penn the way that middle school boys lightly punch each other.

To the Point

I could see Lou getting a bit out of hand. There just seems to be something a bit "off" with him. I would think it would be very uncomfortable working on a team with him. One thing that I totally expected and wasn't surprised to see was Lou thinking that he was 100% responsible for the win. While he did well with his part in the video, and he allowed the guys to work with him in getting his speech to be understandable, he really didn't run the task. The others managed the task, Lou just performed. He seems really out of touch with reality on so many levels. Lou will continue to present his team with challenges on how to handle him.
    cablejockey likes this.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Penn seems to me a very intelligent man. I can't imagine he would be so dumb to lie about Lou becoming physical with him. He may have exaggerated a bit. However, I can believe Lou would use his body in a threatening way if he was unhappy. But then why would Clay and Arsenio joke about Penn sulking? Who would be in a good place if a teammate was acting in a physically threatening way?

Maybe it was all blown out of context, from Lou potentially only joking as if he was threatening Penn, to Penn taking it too seriously. He may be a very sensitive guy, and throw in the chewing out he got for being condescending, it may have put him in quite the sour mood. I hope things are back to normal next week. I missed Penn's creativity and joviality.
    jucamer likes this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

The Apprentice Show Series on NBC: Clay's Take

The link above takes you Clay's blog for this week. He talks about his tiff with Penn, but not about any physicality between Penn and Lou. It looks like next week is a showdown between him and Aubrey as project managers...that should be fun.
    autumnsessence likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I could see Lou getting a bit out of hand. There just seems to be something a bit "off" with him. I would think it would be very uncomfortable working on a team with him. One thing that I totally expected and wasn't surprised to see was Lou thinking that he was 100% responsible for the win. While he did well with his part in the video, and he allowed the guys to work with him in getting his speech to be understandable, he really didn't run the task. The others managed the task, Lou just performed. He seems really out of touch with reality on so many levels. Lou will continue to present his team with challenges on how to handle him.
    Lou is also mostly deaf due to I believe an ear issue and/or an accident as a child. He was able to hear as a child, unlike say Marlee Matlin. Because he can hear it allows him to talk normally but with the obvious tonal issues related to deafness, some people I feel think that he is mentally handicapped. This might've been the case as a child - being teased as being "stupid" but it's voice and not really mind. That may factor in with a lot of the emotional issues - I have had similar (my case withdraw in myself) when dealing with "bullies" (real or imagined).

I can see him taking credit for the win because he realized he was the one who chose to do the dance and be stupid. It really was the smart decision regardless, but I think it was his way of saying "win or lose it's my fault and I'll take the fall."

Lou to me is no different than Gary Busey or Meat Loaf - both whom we saw had issues and said as much. I feel it's a bit like Mondo on "PR" - he has had a rough life some way or another earlier in his life and feels that he needs to keep proving himself. This unfortunately leads to ego problems and strife on teams.

I think he - like Penn and his issues - can work through them to help their charities though.

+ Reply to Thread