+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 3/18/2012 episode 5 - I'M GOING TO MOP THE FLOOR WITH YOU

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3/18/2012 episode 5 - I'M GOING TO MOP THE FLOOR WITH YOU

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70 View Post
    I so agree!!!! As Lisa was melting down, having her hissy fit about Dayana's "diva" behaviour, I kept thinking,"BUT you 3 women NEED to be front and centre on EVERY task!". Pot meet kettle. Yes, they may be the workers, but that is because they HOG all the duties and exclude others from helping. Patricia seems to be the one who wants to make it a team effort. Anyhow, that Aubrey (whoever she is in real life), needs to pipe down with all her yapping and grow up a little. Oh, and dye her hair something less cartoonish. Meowwwww.
    The green contacts are beyond real as well. I'm sure she'd be quite pretty without the cartooning, and the bad attitude, and the narcissism, and the jealousy, etc.

(btw, whenever I see your login name, I smile, because it makes me think of the movie, The Ladykillers. )

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker
    They could have all let Lou's ship sink but that wouldn't have been in the best interest of any of the men. Ultimately this is about earning money for your charity and winning the game. Now the order of those two things could be argued much like "which came first the chicken or the egg". These guys know that Lou just isn't wired to be effectively creative. While he still was hung up on everything being about him, they just helped make that work.
    I know if I could get Lou to be useful, I'd prefer to have him around too... he'd be great to be up against when it gets nearer to the end. I think they should be careful of cutting Penn loose too soon though. He seems to be their strongest idea man. It's a strong team overall though, and Clay has weakened Penn a little in the boardroom. That may be enough for now.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3/18/2012 episode 5 - I'M GOING TO MOP THE FLOOR WITH YOU

On Twitter Penn claims Lou physically hit him and yelled at him during this episode. In his podcast when he had Arsenio on Arsenio said that Penn had to threaten to call the police to get Lou to respect his personal space. I think this sheds a different light on Penn's attitude in this challenge.
    Last edited by Hades; 03-19-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Irony: The Three Egos keep saying Dayana and others are jealous of their abilities, blah, blah, but really, they try to sweep the most beautiful girl in the room under a carpet on every task and deny she is capable because of her beauty. Jealous? Yes, THEY are.
    Ha, Ha, The Three Egos. Thanks for the laugh, spockwhat. I keep picturing them as the Three AmEgos now. All they need are the sombreros!
    cablejockey likes this.

Kiz

I read an article that quoted from Penn Jillette's twitter account, so I Googled it, and read it myself. In response to someone who said that Penn (and Paul) should have apologized to Lou, Penn said (starting at 10:49 March 18), "We have NOTHING to apologize for. He hit up (sic), hurt us, and yelled at us. If they showed that, no one would say that." In another tweet, he also said, "Yeah, if you were there, you would have seen his violence and not condoned it."

I don't know anything about Penn, except for the little I've seen him on the show. I'd heard of him, but had never followed any gossip about him. If this is all true, and not hyperbole, how in the world was Lou not kicked off the show?
    Debb70 likes this.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Tia sending herself home and no one else being fired just proves what many of us thought last week. Trump wanted Michael Andretti's head on a platter for disappointing Chrysler, and he was going to fire him come Hell or high water.
    ness, mesachick, jucamer and 1 others like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fanatic

hair: Clay - son of chucky.

women: Aubrey and Lisa are aggressive and smart and want to win. It's a game. They are playing for charity. I would be doing the same thing.
    housewife lady, ms universe, Oksanamoon and ms. comeback 2012 are non-factors.

men: clay rocks. arsenio kisses up, but rocks. Penn is aggressive, smart, and wants to win (see above). Lou has a chip
    on his shoulder that could just about squeeze into the grand canyon. Dee might surprise ya. Paul is a non-factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    I read an article that quoted from Penn Jillette's twitter account, so I Googled it, and read it myself. In response to someone who said that Penn (and Paul) should have apologized to Lou, Penn said (starting at 10:49 March 18), "We have NOTHING to apologize for. He hit up (sic), hurt us, and yelled at us. If they showed that, no one would say that." In another tweet, he also said, "Yeah, if you were there, you would have seen his violence and not condoned it."
    I don't know anything about Penn, except for the little I've seen him on the show. I'd heard of him, but had never followed any gossip about him. If this is all true, and not hyperbole, how in the world was Lou not kicked off the show?
    You mean they dont show everything?? LOL another highly edited show, manipulating our thoughts. I dont think Penn needs to say sorry, not at all.I really like Clay, and how he handled his conversation with Penn. I have a feeling more was said, and they want to make us think Penn and Clay have a war going now

I dont care for any of the ladies. I dont know Lisa, she isnt funny, she is frumpy looking, but I am sure she has great ideas..Aubrey never shuts up, I muted most of what she was saying.
    I wish these women, like Tia wouldn't get so much stuff pumped in their faces, they looks awful.Gibson still terrifies me when she looks straight at the camera.
    Debb70 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Just based on what I've seen this season . . .

I was impressed with Penn (much to my surprise), as far as how he handled himself when he was project manager. However, I do think that people with intellect and confidence can be seen as condescending, whether they mean to or not. I was a communications major in college, and one classmate once critiqued one of my presentations as "condensending." (I still even remember her misspelling of the word because the criticism stung so much, even though no one else was of that opinion.) Penn's profession involves manipulating people into believing they're seeing things that they aren't really seeing, and he is the master of an audience when he is on stage. He said himself how difficult it was to be part of a group that he did not select . . . and they are all trying to beat each other out, so they're not easily manipulated.

I agreed with Clay that IN THIS WEEK'S TASK, Penn was setting Lou up for failure, but I think it was based on the frustrations of dealing with Lou's constant comments about "They don't give me anything to do," and "Let me dress up as a super-hero." It may have been hard for Penn to hear more than one of his teammates affirm what Clay was saying about his condescending attitude towards Lou, but I hope Penn will listen and take it to heart. He needs to separate "Las Vegas Star Penn Gillette" from "dealing with the rest of the world Penn Gillette."

As for the women's team, I hardly knew who any of them were when the season started, and I'm perfectly happy to continue with the rest of my life without knowing any more about them.

I also think Penn was still so upset about Michael and Adam leaving (instead of Lou) that he just didn't have it in him to get behind Lou in this task.

After reading about Penn's tweets above regarding Lou - I'm surprised Penn didn't sock him - Penn is no light weight!
    Last edited by jucamer; 03-19-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post

After reading about Penn's tweets above regarding Lou - I'm surprised Penn didn't sock him - Penn is no light weight!
    He's also an extreme pacifist.
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Regular

Tia got out at exactly the right moment. Even though there were weaker players on the team, there was no way that she was going to avoid being fired that night, so it's better to be classy and leave gracefully than subject herself to more cattiness and 50-something snides. The concept was the wrong idea, but right execution, IMO. I will say though that she looks a hell of a lot better at 45 than Aubrey does at 27.

To me, Lisa is the Annie Duke of this season: She's not likeable, but you have to respect her. She calls it like it is and she's spot-on in saying that she and Aubrey are the two strongest women on the team. She and Aubrey are the loudest and most abrasive alpha-dogs , but I'm getting the impression that it's because they're one of the few with anything of substance to contribute. Even if Lisa's contributions haven't always worked, I can't imagine most of these girls writing scripts or doing the creative work she has. This show is NOT doing anything for Lisa's image or career though, which is unfortunate because I always thought she was funny on roasts or when she appeared on late night shows.

Almost all of the rest of them simply are worker bees. Teresa has managed to get through five episodes without doing ANYTHING. Dayana has lots of ideas, but most of them aren't very good. I only disagree with Lisa about Patricia Velasquez, who contributes way more than Debbie Gibson ever will. Patricia may not be particularly creative, but every team needs a "professional." She's the most business-oriented of the women, IMO, sort of like Holly Robinson Peete was in her season.

It's now time for Aubrey to step up and be PM. It's easy to throw ideas around and direct people when you don't have to take accountability for it.
    Last edited by socalledchaos; 03-19-2012 at 01:55 PM.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

+ Reply to Thread