+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 3/18/2012 episode 5 - I'M GOING TO MOP THE FLOOR WITH YOU

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3/18/2012 episode 5 - I'M GOING TO MOP THE FLOOR WITH YOU

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Last time I saw Clay Aiken was Idol so imo he is not so much.
    Well, more than 6 million people bought his 6 albums and he has another one coming out next week. He spent a year starring on Broadway, starred in his own PBS Special and has toured more than any other Idol. If you know nothing about Clay since Idol then it is no surprise that you know nothing about his accomplishments.

FORT Fogey

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3/18/2012 episode 5 - I'M GOING TO MOP THE FLOOR WITH YOU

Okay lemme talk hair for a moment. What is up with the Trump boy's slicked back hair? It is not in style and hasn't been since the 50's. It was questionable even then. I like Don Jr and his hair was better last night; the side part is a step in the right direction. He has has a keen wit. Clay, just oh dear god.

I liked that Clay and Arsenio stood up for Lou and helped him. However that act was condescending in and of itself. They wanted to win and massaged Lou the entire way. To say he was a good project manager is laughable. His only contribution was to play the part and he did that well but none of it was his design.

Good for Clay to go after Penn. I like Penn but he was, indeed, setting Lou up to fail. As far as both of them playing to the board room, this is a game and they both want to win. I think this is a good strategy.

Aubrey may be a loud mouth and rude but she has played a major role in every challenge and has good ideas.

Theresa, who would have thought she would be so demure. I think she is out of her league. It will be interesting to see her as PM.

Clay, Arsenio and Penn are on the fast track to win this. I cannot see any other contender.

Off topic for this episode but Victoria Gotti's hair is not all her own. She was on the Wendy Williams show and Wendy put her fingers in her scalp, did not find evidence of a weave so declared it real. Well, white women don't get weaves, they use extentions. The back shot of her hair on The Rosie Show revealed the truth. You could clearly see it is not all her own. And it is clear from looking at the top, as well. When she claims it is hers I think she is taking a page from Dolly Parton's book. Dolly says, about her breasts, they are mine, I paid for them.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 03-19-2012 at 05:56 AM.
    ness likes this.

I was impressed with Clay'scommunication skills. And Lou, Excellent job and excellent motivator. I missed the prior episodes, but I do not think Arsenio is all that nice. Penn is just Penn. He seemed to communicate the best he knows how. His being different is part of his whole shtick. The guys are more interesting that other seasons too. ......no more old male country music artists please.
    You can do it!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Last time I saw Clay Aiken was Idol so imo he is not so much. I would say more people know Table flipping Theresa than these two. Theres herself is no celebrity either. Barrel scraping is definitely the theme this season.
    If I didn't get to watch The Soup, I wouldn't know who Theresa was. But I'm a big fan of AI, so IMO, Clay is much more of a celebrity. And again, to me, he's also a bigger celebrity than Paul Sr, Aubrey, Dayana and Patricia (still don't know who she is/was).

Echoing what so many others have said, I've had my fill of Aubrey and Lisa too. Mostly Lisa - she's a shrew, whereas Aubrey is a brat. And 27 isn't THAT young, in the celebrity world. She'll be over the hill and all washed up before she knows it. Probably without ever achieving much to boot.
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 03-19-2012 at 07:37 AM.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie
    I liked that Clay and Arsenio stood up for Lou and helped him. However that act was condescending in and of itself. They wanted to win and massaged Lou the entire way. To say he was a good project manager is laughable. His only contribution was to play the part and he did that well but none of it was his design.

Good for Clay to go after Penn. I like Penn but he was, indeed, setting Lou up to fail. As far as both of them playing to the board room, this is a game and they both want to win. I think this is a good strategy.
    Agreed. I think you hit it right on the head... I felt Clay started out trying to help Lou but it turned out to be more calculating in the end. Clay and Arsenio have both shown themselves to be great players of the game... it will be interesting to see who is stronger when it comes to ideas. I know Clay and Arsenio are strong background and team players but I can't recall them being the idea men for a task. Paul often seems to provide just enough to keep him off the radar for elimination, good for him for his idea this task.

As for the women, I am just puzzled. There were four vs the three EGOS, yet Patricia backs LISA? What the heck for? It would have been a great time to quote stats. Lisa was crowing about how she, Aubrey and Debbie are the creative minds of the team and it would have been a perfect time to mention that Lisa's ideas consistantly FAIL. Lisa's medieval times task was a fail based on her idea and so was the current task. Why do none of them SEE this? Drives me absolutely nuts! They still have (nasty) Aubrey to come up with creative ideas, but Lisa needs to go because she is a wreck, creatively and emotionally.

Irony: Lisa having a breakdown over people demanding star presence in every task. Her two bff's are "THE" Debbie Gibson, and Aubrey the girl who uses I in every sentence. One of the complaints about the task is that Debbie and Aubrey tried to upstage the video and she says Dayana is demanding star presence? Dayana wasn't even VISIBLE in the last task. Ridiculous.

Irony: The Three Egos keep saying Dayana and others are jealous of their abilities, blah, blah, but really, they try to sweep the most beautiful girl in the room under a carpet on every task and deny she is capable because of her beauty. Jealous? Yes, THEY are.
    cablejockey and BuckeyeAddict like this.

I find it a shame that Aubrey has such a loud and nasty mouth because I do think she has been a major contributor to all the tasks, is very creative, and can make her point very well in the boardroom. Unfortunately she hasn't learned any tact yet so she just comes across as mouthy and bratty and all about herself. She could be a real contender (she has spunk!) if she could tone it down a little, stop the name-calling and insult-throwing, and show more maturity. I guess that comes when you're 50-something!
    jucamer likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Just based on what I've seen this season . . .

I was impressed with Penn (much to my surprise), as far as how he handled himself when he was project manager. However, I do think that people with intellect and confidence can be seen as condescending, whether they mean to or not. I was a communications major in college, and one classmate once critiqued one of my presentations as "condensending." (I still even remember her misspelling of the word because the criticism stung so much, even though no one else was of that opinion.) Penn's profession involves manipulating people into believing they're seeing things that they aren't really seeing, and he is the master of an audience when he is on stage. He said himself how difficult it was to be part of a group that he did not select . . . and they are all trying to beat each other out, so they're not easily manipulated.

I agreed with Clay that IN THIS WEEK'S TASK, Penn was setting Lou up for failure, but I think it was based on the frustrations of dealing with Lou's constant comments about "They don't give me anything to do," and "Let me dress up as a super-hero." It may have been hard for Penn to hear more than one of his teammates affirm what Clay was saying about his condescending attitude towards Lou, but I hope Penn will listen and take it to heart. He needs to separate "Las Vegas Star Penn Gillette" from "dealing with the rest of the world Penn Gillette."

As for the women's team, I hardly knew who any of them were when the season started, and I'm perfectly happy to continue with the rest of my life without knowing any more about them.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Okay lemme talk hair for a moment. What is up with the Trump boy's slicked back hair? It is not in style and hasn't been since the 50's. It was questionable even then. I like Don Jr and his hair was better last night; the side part is a step in the right direction. He has has a keen wit. Clay, just oh dear god.

Aubrey may be a loud mouth and rude but she has played a major role in every challenge and has good ideas.

Theresa, who would have thought she would be so demure. I think she is out of her league. It will be interesting to see her as PM.

Clay, Arsenio and Penn are on the fast track to win this. I cannot see any other contender.

Off topic for this episode but Victoria Gotti's hair is not all her own. She was on the Wendy Williams show and Wendy put her fingers in her scalp, did not find evidence of a weave so declared it real. Well, white women don't get weaves, they use extentions. The back shot of her hair on The Rosie Show revealed the truth. You could clearly see it is not all her own. And it is clear from looking at the top, as well. When she claims it is hers I think she is taking a page from Dolly Parton's book. Dolly says, about her breasts, they are mine, I paid for them.

I agree with all the bolded!

They could have all let Lou's ship sink but that wouldn't have been in the best interest of any of the men. Ultimately this is about earning money for your charity and winning the game. Now the order of those two things could be argued much like "which came first the chicken or the egg". These guys know that Lou just isn't wired to be effectively creative. While he still was hung up on everything being about him, they just helped make that work.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Irony: Lisa having a breakdown over people demanding star presence in every task. Her two bff's are "THE" Debbie Gibson, and Aubrey the girl who uses I in every sentence. One of the complaints about the task is that Debbie and Aubrey tried to upstage the video and she says Dayana is demanding star presence? Dayana wasn't even VISIBLE in the last task. Ridiculous.
    I so agree!!!! As Lisa was melting down, having her hissy fit about Dayana's "diva" behaviour, I kept thinking,"BUT you 3 women NEED to be front and centre on EVERY task!". Pot meet kettle. Yes, they may be the workers, but that is because they HOG all the duties and exclude others from helping. Patricia seems to be the one who wants to make it a team effort. Anyhow, that Aubrey (whoever she is in real life), needs to pipe down with all her yapping and grow up a little. Oh, and dye her hair something less cartoonish. Meowwwww.

It was nice of TRump to add a smidge of reality show between the infomercial that basically makes up the show's content these days! Lisa's big tantrum wasnt challenged by any of the women--are they afraid to confront her? And she does hog all the main stuff on every challenge and then backs off saying to Trump that you cant blame the person who thought it up!
    Aubrey seems to thrive on being mean and cutting--even the men dont like her! Tia did well to put herself up. There's no point in staying to be the butt of sarcasm and jabs from the others. It just isnt worth it to be on that show!

+ Reply to Thread