+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 3/11/2012 episode4 - Failure To Launch

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3/11/2012 episode4 - Failure To Launch

Just want to throw in my 2 cents here and some of it has already been said:

Adam: I used to hate Adam but in recent years have come to really like his style of humor and have also noticed how very intelligent he is. His intellect is so quick and he can come up with something humorous in no time. He seems annoying, I think, because of his nasal, somewhat droning voice but his comments are usually right-on and funny. He even used a word (tumescent) that even Trump didn't know. But I agree that some of his jokes were not appropriate for the Buick men.

Michael: I got the feeling, like others here, that there was more to this than we were shown. Although I do believe that he wasn't comfortable running this event. Being a race car driver doesn't mean he knows that much about various cars but is good driving them very fast. It's entirely possible that he didn't want/or couldn't let his name be used for this particular car, for various reasons. Isn't that something that companies PAY people for? Why would he want to give it away for free? Also he may have confided to Trump that he wanted to go home because of his son dealing with the death of his good friend and this was semi-scripted.

Lou: all this time I thought he was used as the Hulk because of his strength....now I think it's because of his hair-trigger anger issue. He never adds any input into the planning except to show his muscles and then gets upset.

Trump and Little Donny: Both were total bullies and acted exactly like none of us like and complain about with school children. I hated the way he dismissed Tia (and that's the second time he's treated her badly).

The Women's Team: was awful and it's hard for me to believe that they won. But I am glad about Debbie's charity because it's one of mine also.
    The Men's Team: ok but not great. Paul using the word "suck" was totally inappropriate for what they were doing. Better received in a high school auditorium.

I suspected right from the beginning that everyone would think that Michael should be the natural leader for this task and nobody used their brain to understand why he didn't choose to be PM, except Adam.
    cablejockey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by socalledchaos View Post
    Aubrey might be irritating, but her comments about "being more of a Tiffany fan growing up" and how Debbie was using the presentation as her comeback tour were comedy gold. Debbie's ego is second only to Lou on this cast, despite the fact that she hasn't performed anywhere besides gay pride parades in 20 years.
    Debbie Gibson needs to give it up! She is living in the past, & IMO, is really having a hard time accepting that she's not the "hot chick" on the show. She is really coming across as petty & with an over-inflated ego.
    Even last week, she wanted to be the model for Ivanka's line & when her group squashed that idea, she still wouldn't let go, she said something like "I photograph young." Seriously, woman?! You are 41 years old, & look every bit of it ~ actually older, if I'm being totally honest. GIVE.IT.UP! I think if she'd tone down the Barbie Pink makeup, quit with the tanning (orange skin) & tone that brassy yellow hair down to a decent shade, like maybe a light brown with carmel highlights, she would look 1000x's better. She'd still have that delusional personality though!

I was never into Debbie Gibson in high school, I hated her music (and I listened to a wide variety, but not her stuff). I couldn't believe during the Buick presentation she actually said "THE Debbie Gibson" OMG, really? It's not like she was a household name. She was a flash in the pan 25 years ago, for maybe a year at the most. I could name maybe 3 songs of hers, but only because I was a teen when she was popular.

Can you tell I really can't stand her?!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    Debbie Gibson needs to give it up! ... Can you tell I really can't stand her?!
    Ha, Ha! I never would have guessed!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I think I'll kind of miss Adam.

Michael was robbed, I think. Lou's annoying and useless and he should have left.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post

Michael was robbed, I think. Lou's annoying and useless and he should have left.
    I don't think anyone is a fan of Lou, but Michael's presence on the show had more to do with a casting department issue than anything. He might be a nice guy in general, but he is NOT reality TV-friendly. I understand that he was a very last-minute replacement due to tragic circumstances, but surely they could have found another more suitable D-lister to take his place?

Whatever the reasons were, contractual or otherwise, Michael didn't step up in a task that was about as tailor-made for him as he'll get and was a wallflower in the other ones. It would be like Penn not stepping up for the Medieval Times task. Lou might be incredibly annoying, but they can't really fire him when he keeps saying in the boardroom that he wants to do more and isn't being given a chance (even if his actions outside of the boardroom demonstrate otherwise). He'll get his shot next week and likely bomb it miserably, but he at least needs that chance before they can get rid of him.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I'll be looking forward to next week to see how Lou performs and if he'll finally be leaving. Who's the women's PM going to be? Tia?

Additional comments - I lol'd at Arsenio's "Donald Tramp" after Aubrey's mispronunciation of the car came up, and Dayana's quite pretty.
    jucamer likes this.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Much as I DON'T like Adam, I'm responding really well to their presentation.

I think they may've pulled it off, and if they did, good for them.

Oooops . . .

Senior cutting loose with "suck" did NOT impress the Buick execs.

OR me either, for that matter.

I'm no prude, but that was NOT the time or place for that.

Not good.

I still feel like they might've pulled it off, though, if Adam would've only stopped talking over Michael with his juvenile humor, when he brought him back onstage ( a good move on his part, I think, to have brought Michael back up).
    I too thought the "you suck" was stupid, but that was what Adam insisted Sr. do as his part of the Q & A.

Lou is by far the weakest link. He really has little to contribute. He seems to get fixated on how he can contribute and never really moves beyond that. Does he really have nothing more to offer than playing up being The Hulk?
    nanaslbkp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post

I'll definitely miss Adam...he was so quick w/his witty remarks.
    Yes, Michael was robbed but I think he was ok with leaving.
    Again, I really feel there was a very good reason why he didn't want his name used to endorse the Buick....esp if they used his name for free. He's a "brand" and has the right to sell his endorsements and not give it away for some TV show.
    cablejockey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'll definitely miss Adam...he was so quick w/his witty remarks.
    Yes, Michael was robbed but I think he was ok with leaving.
    Again, I really feel there was a very good reason why he didn't want his name used to endorse the Buick....esp if they used his name for free. He's a "brand" and has the right to sell his endorsements and not give it away for some TV show.
    Then he should not have gone on a TV show. He may have gone on for a good reason, but he had to know that he would use his name for something. And having a race car driver on a show like this, a car link is obvious.

Aubry is getting on my ever last nerve. She is like a middle school girl bully.
    Alexxxx and jucamer like this.

+ Reply to Thread