+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 3/11/2012 episode4 - Failure To Launch

FORT Regular

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3/11/2012 episode4 - Failure To Launch

Some folks have already mentioned it here that Trump was probably saving face by firing Andretti because Buick signed on to be on the show on the premise that they will get the endorsement from Andretti and when Michael didn't step up to the plate, Trump had no other choice but fire him. Why didn't Andretti step up? Well, Andretti has a business partnership with Chevrolet so contractually he cannot endorse a competing company. Besides, Andretti does not strikes me as a reserved guy who was only put on the show because his son couldn't make it.

Oh, well....just as well he leaves the show as he does not seem comfortable to be in it anyway. I don't find Adam funny either but I give him props for taking full responsibility for their loss and sticking to his guns about not bringing anybody with him to the boardroom.

Gibson and O'day drive me nuts. O'day's red hair is distracting, especially how she wore it last night, looked like she was wearing a big red donut on her head.
    cablejockey and jucamer like this.

But aren't Buick & Chevy both part of GM?

As a driver Michael would have had to go out & do promotions for the sponsors on his car so I don't believe him when he claims to not be a "spokesperson".

The men were better but they lost because Michael failed to step-up & be PM. The Donald practically told him he needed to be PM. I love Adam's car show & he does know his stuff but this should have been Michael's task. The womens' presentation wasn't good but Buick wanted Michael & probably why the men lost. If Adam would have picked 2 men to come into the boardroom with him Michael would have been the only one fired.
    Last edited by PA Snow Bunny; 03-12-2012 at 11:11 AM.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Srsly View Post
    Clay's recaps every week reveal tidbits of insider information that you won't get anywhere else. This week is no different.

The Apprentice Show Series on NBC: Clay's Take
    Thanks for the reminder about Clay's blog. It was interesting that Andretti may have been holding out as PM because he had a huge donation he wanted to make for his task.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Fogey

It would have been easy enough for Michael to make it known that he has a contract with Chevy. Buick and Chevy though under the parent company of GMC may have seperate marketing and whant to keep it that way. Michael stepped into this show to take his son's place so was probably not disappointed to leave when he did. He is not a front man.

I love Adam Corolla and he with the motorcycle guy and Michale could have done something better with Adam as the front man. I hated to see Adam go because I like his wit and will miss it.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    If Lou's been giving 110% so far how much will he be putting into being the apparent PM next week? And on top of all that, how much is he putting into his outbursts? 220%?
    Agreed.

My take on this is that whatever else he may be, Lou is DEFINITELY no Marlee clone.

And I also agree with other posters upthread who said Michael probably DIDN'T step up as PM because this was a car-promotion challenge, and he's more than likely got a contract with another company to promote THEIR vehicles (which would even trump him not being frontman material).

Shoot, if that's the case, I don't blame him for that.

I wouldn't risk losing the reliable horse I'm riding on right now just because I'm passing another horse that looks great and feels great when I climb up into the saddle for a second, but can't claim as my fave 'cause Old Faithful is standing right there in the background.

No, thanks. Better the horse you've been riding on that you know is gonna give you a reason to keep riding him (or her), than the better-looking model that you can't put through any real, lengthy paces at all, so you have no idea what it'll be able to do for you in the long run.

And, after all, when he was called out and asked just WHAT car it was that he liked, didn't Michael say: "CHEVY?"

Hell, I'd like 'em, too, if I had a contract with 'em to promote their vehicles!
    Last edited by ness; 03-12-2012 at 03:43 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    It would have been easy enough for Michael to make it known that he has a contract with Chevy. Buick and Chevy though under the parent company of GMC may have seperate marketing and whant to keep it that way. Michael stepped into this show to take his son's place so was probably not disappointed to leave when he did. He is not a front man.

I love Adam Corolla and he with the motorcycle guy and Michale could have done something better with Adam as the front man. I hated to see Adam go because I like his wit and will miss it.
    I thought Adam was funny as well (well, sometimes...his "you suck" idea was beyond terrible). I thought he was for the most part very articulate in the boardroom. Still love Penn, and still don't know how Lou continues to have a seat at the table...

I have trouble believing Buick went with the women. The execs, rightfully, looked confused during most of their presentation, and they seemed very enthusiastic about the men's. I know Michael went home because Trump felt his orders were being ignored--nothing else about this challenge mattered.

Actually if you rewatch the exec's, one of them said "that was fun" after the woman's presentation.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I really thought the men had the win, especially when they didnt mangle the name of the car a few times like the red head did. Michael A seemed very reserved and not at all prepared to act the huckster for Buick and Trump--and good for him. Several times he looked as if he were going to say what he really thought to TRump but kept backing off. He is probably relieved to be gone.

I miss Meatloaf and Busey ....

Teresa's "Her apology was so fake!" just brought the Real Housewives mentality back. Everyone's fake but you, Tree.

I absolutely hate Trump's insistence that the PM's reveal who's coming back before they know who has lost the task. That's just control freak evil and serves no good purpose. Get over yourself, Donnie.

Also, I appreciated Adam sticking to his word and not naming 2 people. What an ass, Penn, for belittling him for it when you knew you weren't on the chopping block. What a tantrum Donnie threw when he couldn't get Adam to name 2 ... jerk.

If the whole team, who consists of people who have shown character, repeatedly tell you that Lou tells a different story once he crosses the boardroom threshold, then perhaps it's Hulk's time to go. Seriously, he's wanted to dress up like the Hulk everytime and it's not appropriate for every task. (Although as a bigger man, I thought putting him in the car would be a good idea so show the available space ...).

I'm tired of Audrey/Aubrey/whatever, and I don't even know or care who she thinks she is.
    cablejockey likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Regular

Aubrey might be irritating, but her comments about "being more of a Tiffany fan growing up" and how Debbie was using the presentation as her comeback tour were comedy gold. Debbie's ego is second only to Lou on this cast, despite the fact that she hasn't performed anywhere besides gay pride parades in 20 years.

I'm getting the impression that Tia may have more to offer than she has shown so far. Not saying she's going to win, but wouldn't surprise me if she advances further than we think.
    Last edited by socalledchaos; 03-13-2012 at 02:11 AM.
    Shoepie and jucamer like this.

+ Reply to Thread