+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 136
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 3/11/2012 episode4 - Failure To Launch

  1. #101
    Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    On the edge
    Posts
    6,289

    Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3/11/2012 episode4 - Failure To Launch

    Here's my conspiracy theory...

    Michael and Adam were right. This was more in Adam's wheelhouse than Michael's. However, I believe Trump sold the show sponsorship to Buick with the caveat that an Andretti would be one of the contestants. When Michael didn't step up to the plate and give an hour long endorsement of the Verona, Trump failed to deliver in the eyes of Buick. Trump, in an effort to save face, fired Michael.

    Lou stays, and Michael goes. In the immortal words of Paul... "you suck" Trump!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

  2. #102
    Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,834

    Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3/11/2012 episode4 - Failure To Launch

    If Lou's been giving 110% so far how much will he be putting into being the apparent PM next week? And on top of all that, how much is he putting into his outbursts? 220%?
    ness and Uncle David like this.

  3. #103
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,320

    Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3/11/2012 episode4 - Failure To Launch

    Maybe Andretti didn't step up as project manager because he doesn't believe in the product. I thought the women's presentation was better, although I don't know what the theme was. Adam started out his presentation by admitting that he was nervous: I'm not sure why he would admit that. Adam made some crude comments. I didn't like it when that contestant said, 'you suck.' It was jarring. When Lou made a comment in the boardroom, Trump said that he didn't understand a word that Lou said. I laughed because I also didn't understand a word of Lou's comment. Then Trump said that he was just kidding. hmmm...
    nanaslbkp likes this.

  4. #104
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,285

    Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3/11/2012 episode4 - Failure To Launch

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    WHY DO I KEEP WATCHING THIS SHOW???
    I keep saying the same thing
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  5. #105
    I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Where the Thunder Rolls
    Posts
    2,422

    Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3/11/2012 episode4 - Failure To Launch

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Here's my conspiracy theory...

    Michael and Adam were right. This was more in Adam's wheelhouse than Michael's. However, I believe Trump sold the show sponsorship to Buick with the caveat that an Andretti would be one of the contestants. When Michael didn't step up to the plate and give an hour long endorsement of the Verona, Trump failed to deliver in the eyes of Buick. Trump, in an effort to save face, fired Michael.
    I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but what you wrote DOES make a lot of sense. Still, I am glad that Adam is gone. Adam thinks he's funny, so does Jimmy Kimmel and some that post here. I do not. I guess the thing that bugged me the most is that he did understand what the Buick people were saying and yet ignored them and his team's input. Someone asked if he was that clueless. Apparently he was.
    Uncle David likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

    Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

  6. #106
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,258

    Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3/11/2012 episode4 - Failure To Launch

    I believe what has been said is true. Trump probably gets a lot of these companies to jump on with the promise of a certain celebrity being involved. It was obvious that Buick was promised an Andretti and he was going to be fired from the day Adam took the challenge. I think that even if the women lost, Trump would have been gunning for Michael.

    I know Trump has always been a narcissist jerk, but he really is getting worse and worse as the seasons go on. When Debbie was talking about the mother scrounging for stuff for food for her family, he does not even blink an eye. He is so removed from most reality, it is pointless for him to talk.

    Clearly, as with every season the ones that will be in the end are obvious from the beginning.
    Kiz and Debb70 like this.

  7. #107
    FORT Fogey Prism's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3/11/2012 episode4 - Failure To Launch

    Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    I believe what has been said is true. Trump probably gets a lot of these companies to jump on with the promise of a certain celebrity being involved. It was obvious that Buick was promised an Andretti and he was going to be fired from the day Adam took the challenge. I think that even if the women lost, Trump would have been gunning for Michael.

    I know Trump has always been a narcissist jerk, but he really is getting worse and worse as the seasons go on. When Debbie was talking about the mother scrounging for stuff for food for her family, he does not even blink an eye. He is so removed from most reality, it is pointless for him to talk.

    Clearly, as with every season the ones that will be in the end are obvious from the beginning.
    Most of these people are giving it their level best - even the NJ housefishwife, who is comfy surrounded by her clan, but out of her element in the apprentice environment. Trump simply has no heart.
    Kiz and Debb70 like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

    Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

  8. #108
    FORT Fogey Prism's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3/11/2012 episode4 - Failure To Launch

    Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Maybe Andretti didn't step up as project manager because he doesn't believe in the product. I thought the women's presentation was better, although I don't know what the theme was. Adam started out his presentation by admitting that he was nervous: I'm not sure why he would admit that. Adam made some crude comments. I didn't like it when that contestant said, 'you suck.' It was jarring. When Lou made a comment in the boardroom, Trump said that he didn't understand a word that Lou said. I laughed because I also didn't understand a word of Lou's comment. Then Trump said that he was just kidding. hmmm...
    Re. not believing in the product.....would any of them drive a Buick?
    Re. Trump's elbow jab to Lou.... maybe say that to Lou in private, but civility dictates certainly not in public - on national television no less.
    cablejockey likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

    Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

  9. #109
    chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3/11/2012 episode4 - Failure To Launch

    Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I was coming on here to write the exact same thing. Something felt fishy to me tonight. I totally hated Adam's idea, but when it played out it was pretty good (except for the 'you suck' part). I was really surprised they lost. Also Trump always makes a point of saying WHY they lost and asks "who was responsible for branding?" or "who was responsible for signage?" and things like that and then the PM knows they should bring whomever was responsible for whatever made them lose back into the boardroom. I don't think they lost because Micheal Andretti didn't step up and I don't think they lost because Lou isn't being 'utilized' to his full 110%, but they kind-of brushed over all that in the firing tonight. Also how mad does Trump usually get when they won't answer the "who will you bring back with you" question and warns them that they have to pick someone or they will obviously be fired. This time- nope, none of that and Trump was so irritated that he "decided" to fire 2 people. Yeah...uh...ok. I smell a rat.

    Melissa
    (stepping off the grassy knoll now...)
    On the face of it, I agree with you. The presentation was good, and the arguments against it seem petty. But in the end, the apprentices have two parties to please, and they would do well to remember it.
    First of all, there's the Donald himself. He as much as TOLD Michael to step up. Michael could have taken on the role of project manager and still let Adam host. If Trump had a problem with that, Michael could then explain that as project manager he was doing the best thing for the presentation to have the better host.
    The second party to please was the Buick execs. Maybe Michael's conscience was telling him he couldn't endorse this car. Maybe it's not a great car. But if he couldn't act enthusiastic about it, it was going to be trouble. I truly believe that if Michael had showed some enthusiasm and gave a ringing endorsement, the guys would have won.

    Yep, it was more about ego than ability this time, but that's the Celebrity Apprentice. If you want to win, leave your integrity at the door and always keep in mind the guy that has the ability to fire you. The guys need to quit playing fast and loose with Trump's ego. I don't like it myself, necessarily, but that's the game.

    On the men's team, I'm tired of Lou's whining and throwing people under the bus. Put up or shut up. Clay and Dee are my favourites right now (edging out Penn only slightly) because they know exactly when to keep their mouths shut. I really admire Penn's intelligence and thoughtful way of speaking. He's a real diplomat. And I never would have thought I'd say that about Penn!

    On the women's team, I'm tired of Deluded Debbie. Her bloating herself up in front of the crowd was bearing on embarassing. If Lisa hadn't added that timely "or not" the presentation would have been as much about Debbie as the car. Because of Lisa's remark, it almost looked like Debbie was playing the part of a pathetic teen star trying to live in the past, which was part of the comedy (but we all know better). And what is with the jealousy over Dayana? Why the heck wasn't Dayana used in the presentation? I know it's cliche, but beautiful women and cars are almost a tradition... in fact, I'm shocked that Trump or the execs didn't mention that they would have liked to have seen her at some point of the presentation. Instead, we get Dated Debbie with the awful teen pink makeup and bad singing? WTH?
    Not using Dayana was a FAIL.
    JunkieGirl and BuckeyeAddict like this.

  10. #110
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    56

    Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3/11/2012 episode4 - Failure To Launch

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    What was the point of that? Had nothing to do with the car.

    Stupid, stupid, stupid.
    That was Adam's idea to have Paul say that and then have Lou drag him away as a bouncer, as only Hulk could do. The problem was that Lou didn't respond on the first cue. So Paul had to repeat it several times and it clearly (along with the rest of the juveniile act) was not what the Buick execs wanted. Adam apparently did not listen to anything they said at all!
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.