+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 3/11/2012 episode4 - Failure To Launch

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3/11/2012 episode4 - Failure To Launch

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I agree. I have to wonder if Michael told them he would do the show but only for x weeks because of other commitments. It was his time to go so he had to fire 2 people after Adam fell on his sword. It could also explain why the men lost when they were clearly better than the women. I'm not big on conspiracies, but I think we might have this one right. Why else would he not step up after Trump told him to? And how else could the women have beaten the men with that pathetic presentation? Michael was not supposed to be on the show. He stepped in for his son after his son lost his friend in the racing accident.

The sad part is Michael is very intelligent and well spoken generally. I thought he was a valuable member of the team. IMO the men should have won and Aubrey should have gone because of the Verona issue alone. I'm really starting not to like Debbie Gibson, and I used to really like and respect her. She isn't coming across well at all.
    I was coming on here to write the exact same thing. Something felt fishy to me tonight. I totally hated Adam's idea, but when it played out it was pretty good (except for the 'you suck' part). I was really surprised they lost. Also Trump always makes a point of saying WHY they lost and asks "who was responsible for branding?" or "who was responsible for signage?" and things like that and then the PM knows they should bring whomever was responsible for whatever made them lose back into the boardroom. I don't think they lost because Micheal Andretti didn't step up and I don't think they lost because Lou isn't being 'utilized' to his full 110%, but they kind-of brushed over all that in the firing tonight. Also how mad does Trump usually get when they won't answer the "who will you bring back with you" question and warns them that they have to pick someone or they will obviously be fired. This time- nope, none of that and Trump was so irritated that he "decided" to fire 2 people. Yeah...uh...ok. I smell a rat.

Melissa
    (stepping off the grassy knoll now...)
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I was coming on here to write the exact same thing. Something felt fishy to me tonight. I totally hated Adam's idea, but when it played out it was pretty good (except for the 'you suck' part). I was really surprised they lost. Also Trump always makes a point of saying WHY they lost and asks "who was responsible for branding?" or "who was responsible for signage?" and things like that and then the PM knows they should bring whomever was responsible for whatever made them lose back into the boardroom. I don't think they lost because Micheal Andretti didn't step up and I don't think they lost because Lou isn't being 'utilized' to his full 110%, but they kind-of brushed over all that in the firing tonight. Also how mad does Trump usually get when they won't answer the "who will you bring back with you" question and warns them that they have to pick someone or they will obviously be fired. This time- nope, none of that and Trump was so irritated that he "decided" to fire 2 people. Yeah...uh...ok. I smell a rat.

Melissa
    (stepping off the grassy knoll now...)
    Very good points and observations.

They make a lot of sense, too.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I agree about Debbie - she has shown a very unattractive side of her personality on this show. It's amazing how often that happens on CA - I think agents should warn these people that it could actually damage their careers instead of boosting them, esp if they have a tendency to be unlikeable! I still have a hard time looking at Dionne Warwick (ah, I see from another thread I'm not alone in this!) .... Anyway, Debbie couldn't be more full of herself.

Adam's sense of humor was so inappropriate many times tonight - I was embarrassed for him. But, I liked his comment in the boardroom about owning how you've done in the game so far and what people say about you is a reflection of who you've been/shown to the team. That and taking the heat for the loss were really stand-up things where I admired him and almost forgot the other things he'd said.

It looks like Lou does take on PM next time - won't that be something? I hope someone on his team goes to the boardroom and complains that he didn't utilize their idea and talents - just to give him a taste of his own medicine. He's so irritating. But it makes me uncomfortable when they talk about his disability like they did tonight.

What was the Donald's problem with Tia? He cut her off so rudely! I'm almost used to him interrupting all the time, but that was beyond the regular interrupting. He was just dismissive and rude.
    I wondered if Ivanka was pregnant this episode too....
    Last edited by navybelle; 03-12-2012 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post

I wondered if Ivanka was pregnant this episode too....
    Ivanka had her baby on July 17th and the show was taped in October and November so she was only about 3 months past delivery.

Regardless, that dress was so bad. If these clothes she wears on the show are representative of her fashion line, I'm sorry but I'll pass.
    mom2 likes this.

So totally off topic - but I had to say something. Who they heck told Ivanka was a good fashion designer. Her clothes are AWFUL!!! She's dressing like she's 60 years old for pete's sake. I couldn't find one thing positive to say about what she wears, nothing flatters her at all. I should be a fashion designer! I would never dress in something that made my stomach look huge, and my boobs look saggy and unsupported like that. Yuck!

Sad to see Adam and Michael go, but I understand the reasoning. Can't stand Lou. He better be project manager next week. Still loving Penn, and Clay too. Debbie seems so stuck up. Hate to tell you this Debbie, but no one wants to hear your 20 year old music tracks anymore.
    cablejockey, spockwhat and jucamer like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

Boy. Never been a fan of Penn or Teller (much less Penn and Teller) or Adam Carolla and his Man Show. UGHHHHH.

I've done an about face on both with this show, though. Adam showed himself to be a very decent person. Not a good strategist (I completely agreed with Trump.....and Arsenio....my absolute favorite), but a really great person. And so far, Penn has been delightful.

And, it always cracks me up when rockers age and end up being average sorts normal ways. Dee has been a really nice/fun surprise as well.

Sidenote: Trump has just a small handful of rules. There are do's and dont's. Not going after the ball (a good way of saying it) is one of them. Michael hasn't shown himself to be proactive on the show. He did step in for his son after a devastating life experience. I do not blame him. It was his time to go.

As far as the future goes...for the men, anyway....it's only a matter of time until Lou F. wigs out completely and goes home. It will then be down to Clay, Penn, Arsenio, and Dee. That's a good F4.

As for the women, I'd like to see Theresa lose her cool...just once. For old time's sake. I suspect we'll see Lisa, Aubry, Elizabeth (is that her name) as F3 of the women's team. It's anyone's guess as to F4.
    Last edited by Jexter; 03-12-2012 at 01:40 AM.

I didnt care for either of the presentations, so for me, there was no clear cut winner .BUT if I had to choose one, it would of been the men's. The women's , what was their concept? it just seemed very muddled, and it wasn't good. The men's had a litte flow, a little comedy, so I would of gone for the men's

The exes that chose the women, said Michael Andretti's wasn't used enough, He should of been project manager, but they went on to say he had poor stage presence, which means they would have lost anyway

The show was meh tonight, not that good

Aubrey is full of herself and Gibson drives me crazy! I cant stand to look at her face and all its work

Funniest part for me was when Penn was getting out of the trunk, and he said and the Gotti on the show has gone
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 03-12-2012 at 02:16 AM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Clay's recaps every week reveal tidbits of insider information that you won't get anywhere else. This week is no different.

The Apprentice Show Series on NBC: Clay's Take
    Kiz likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

WHY DO I KEEP WATCHING THIS SHOW???
    cablejockey and nanaslbkp like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

My guess is that Michael Andretti did not step up to promote the Buick is he has real life endorsements with Chevrolet. I think Donald Trump forgets some of these people have to think of what happens after the show is over. I am betting he has some sort of clause in his contract that will not allow him to promote any vehicles other than Chevrolet.

Debbie Gibson is lucky she won because she was so irritating.
    holly71 likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread