+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 3/4 Episode ****SPOILERS*******

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3/4 Episode ****SPOILERS*******

I just listened to Penn's podcast and apparently some time in the future Clay sits him down and has an hour and a half long conversation about his condescending tone.

Quote Originally Posted by gatrmom View Post
    Did I hear correctly last night when Lou said the girl's windows looked like they were on a picnic and everyone was talking, Aubrey said going on a picninc with him would make her vomit? I hope I misheard that, but i backed up the DVR and that's what it sounded like. I didn't like her before, but if that's the case, now I really don't like her at all.

Will someone who has it recorded please listen again and tell me if I'm right or wrong.
    I heard something like that, vomit was mentioned. I just dont know who said what. I should check again,I have it recorded.

Edited to add: Audrey said when I look at your photos it makes me want to vomit.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 03-05-2012 at 04:44 PM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I like Adam more now.
    BuckeyeAddict and Fanny Mare like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    A few points (besides this is my first time watching it this season because I've been watching "Pan Am" and definitely do not want "GCB" to stay): 1. I agree that both displays were horrid, and they made mistakes that even a freshman ad student wouldn't make. That said, the girls regretably had the better and more creative display. The guys' were too threadbare - regardless of human window dressing. Though I do feel that unless the women did very sloppy work in general, they were going to win anyway when the project manager was a former Miss Universe. Sorry, but the only thing worse than making a Trump Brand look bad is having a winner in an event run/owned by Trump make that brand look bad, but since she didn't do that, they girls IMHO were going to win. 2. The problem with Lou is that he tries to do too much because of having trouble with his hearing and other things in his past... BUT his outspokenness is being read as bullying tactics. I've seen him a lot calmer in other shows when stressed so it's kinda surprising to see him like this. 3. George I think knew he was going to be fired and knew he deserved it over the other two (who did make big mistakes but they were right, he was the leader and failed). He left with humility and graciously - and I so hope that people do not translate it as a sign of weakness or quitting. He didn't quit - he knew it was the right decision and wasn't going to throw anyone else under the bus. (And yes, I felt this was going to be the result from the start). 4. Guy with finger surgery and others commenting about "Can he still work?" - um, yeah, he can. You can handle a phone with three fingers, you can wear a sign and hawk stuff, you can point where things need to go. The only things he can't do are serve food and probably hang up/build some items. I have respect for him because he is trying to continue in the show and not take a medical. I was also glad that Trump didn't try to push him out for medical when it was clear that he could continue - I think had the Doctors felt he shouldn't continue due to the injury, they'd told him and Trump and it'd been announced before the boardroom. 5. I do have reservations of several of Penn and Teller's tricks (they can be a tad macabre); however, I have respect for Penn choosing a charity such as his. So many people tend to shun a group such as that one because they thing those with mental handicaps and challenges are too weird and a plague of sorts. This showed them in a very good and large light that there's more to the story than the stereotype. Not a bad episode - was sad to see one of the better-known contestants leave, but still... much better than some in the past.
    I thought all of the season's episodes of 'Pan Am' aired before the first episode of 'Celebrity Apprentice.' Also, it makes sense that the women's team won, because Trump owns the Miss Universe contest. I didn't think either team's display was good. The drawings or photos taped to the wall of the women's team's display, looked like children's artwork.
    holly71 likes this.

In Clay's blog at NBC Celebrity Apprentice, he says that the trench coat idea was his, that it shouldn't have been placed on Arsenio's shoulders.

I hated both window styles. Both teams picked up on the day to night theme and each had either an homage to a clock or a branding symbol. The use of twins was cool, but the sets and the clothing styling were atrocious. I know where the women wanted to go - from design concept to runway ready, but there was too much of a disconnect - even if the model photos had been processed in time.

In a Today show interview, George admitted he has slowed down a step or two, that he overestimated his energy level at age 74. Yes, he was gracious in falling on his sword and accepting responsibility, but he may not have lasted another week or two anyway.

This is my first time watching CA and a long time since I watched regular Joe/Jane Apprentice, and I'm finding the dynamics of super egos to be very interesting.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    In Clay's blog at NBC Celebrity Apprentice, he says that the trench coat idea was his, that it shouldn't have been placed on Arsenio's shoulders. I hated both window styles. Both teams picked up on the day to night theme and each had either an homage to a clock or a branding symbol. The use of twins was cool, but the sets and the clothing styling were atrocious. I know where the women wanted to go - from design concept to runway ready, but there was too much of a disconnect - even if the model photos had been processed in time. In a Today show interview, George admitted he has slowed down a step or two, that he overestimated his energy level at age 74. Yes, he was gracious in falling on his sword and accepting responsibility, but he may not have lasted another week or two anyway. This is my first time watching CA and a long time since I watched regular Joe/Jane Apprentice, and I'm finding the dynamics of super egos to be very interesting.
    Trump is gentle with the celebrities when he fires them. When he fires those on the regular Apprentice, he seems annoyed with them. He did seem annoyed when Tia Carrere volunteered to go back to the boardroom with the losing project manager.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Trump is gentle with the celebrities when he fires them. When he fires those on the regular Apprentice, he seems annoyed with them. He did seem annoyed when Tia Carrere volunteered to go back to the boardroom with the losing project manager.
    The Donald hates when people just give in and don't put up a fight. I think he gets a thrill out of making them sweat before he fires them. As a former Merchandiser for Macys, I can tell you that George was the right one to be fired. If your windows don't pop and draw in customers the one in Charge is the going to get the tongue lashing. The team leader should have a hand in all segments of the project and know and approve everything prior to the window actually being dressed. Imo neither window "popped" Arsenio's was alot less scattered than the ladies though.
    Last edited by MsDiva2007; 03-06-2012 at 03:50 AM.
    holly71 likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by nkmho View Post
    Dang, what was up with that super long Cartier commercial?
    I know! We recorded the show & watched it last night & I thought the DVR had gone nutz & changed the channel to something else. Ridiculous!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    OMG Debbie Gibson is TOO funny - offering to be a model in the window! Hmm let me see Debbie or Dayana in the window - who would be better??
    I know! & then she got kind of offended when they were like "um, no...you're not the target demographic" & she said she photographs young or something like that. WHAT.EVER! She's 41 years old & looks older, IMO. The yellow hair & orange tan & bad makeup are very aging.
    Aubrey surprised me this week. Maybe she's smarter than we think. The way she handled Trump in the boardroom was impressive, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    OMG Clay's hair looks like Cameron Diaz in Something About Mary and then he throws George under the bus with Eric Trump - WTG Clay!
    I said the same thing about his hair! I couldn't stop laughing!

+ Reply to Thread