+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 3/4 Episode ****SPOILERS*******

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3/4 Episode ****SPOILERS*******

Gee . . .

That was one of the most suave, elegant leave-takings I've ever seen on this show, or anywhere else!
    J.D., shyra, Arielflies and 6 others like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

George was one of my favorites, and I was so looking forward to seeing this season mainly because I knew he was on.
    Ellen and Allie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Gee . . .

That was one of the most suave, elegant leave-takings I've ever seen on this show, or anywhere else!
    I couldn't agree with you more. He never raised his voice, he didn't put anyone down. What a man. What a gentleman.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

This is going to sound very harsh, but I think both the men's and women's windows were embarrassingly bad, except for the custom-made signs in the men's display and their use of the twins. It was an epic fail that the men made it appear that Clay was the boss. And surely Arsenio has been to enough red-carpet, evening events to know what attire is appropriate. Did he really expect people to infer that the chick in the trench coat was supposed to be an assistant?

I can't even begin to understand what the heck the women were trying to do. Yeah, yeah, the photos never got made (does anybody ever double-check things?), but even if they had, they would have just been hanging haphazardly all over the background of the second window providing no cohesive storyline. I have no idea what the "wind machine" (aka cheap fan) was supposed to be accomplishing. Did I miss something?

Ivanka's designs are supposed to convey class and aristocracy. She must have wanted to die when she saw her products portrayed in what looked like elementary school dioramas. How hard would it have been to cover the backgrounds in material or drapes to at least make the spaces look more elegant?

Sorry for the long rant. It was just stunning how bad both displays were.
    holly71, cablejockey, J.D. and 4 others like this.

A few points (besides this is my first time watching it this season because I've been watching "Pan Am" and definitely do not want "GCB" to stay):

1. I agree that both displays were horrid, and they made mistakes that even a freshman ad student wouldn't make. That said, the girls regretably had the better and more creative display. The guys' were too threadbare - regardless of human window dressing.

Though I do feel that unless the women did very sloppy work in general, they were going to win anyway when the project manager was a former Miss Universe. Sorry, but the only thing worse than making a Trump Brand look bad is having a winner in an event run/owned by Trump make that brand look bad, but since she didn't do that, they girls IMHO were going to win.

2. The problem with Lou is that he tries to do too much because of having trouble with his hearing and other things in his past... BUT his outspokenness is being read as bullying tactics. I've seen him a lot calmer in other shows when stressed so it's kinda surprising to see him like this.

3. George I think knew he was going to be fired and knew he deserved it over the other two (who did make big mistakes but they were right, he was the leader and failed). He left with humility and graciously - and I so hope that people do not translate it as a sign of weakness or quitting. He didn't quit - he knew it was the right decision and wasn't going to throw anyone else under the bus. (And yes, I felt this was going to be the result from the start).

4. Guy with finger surgery and others commenting about "Can he still work?" - um, yeah, he can. You can handle a phone with three fingers, you can wear a sign and hawk stuff, you can point where things need to go. The only things he can't do are serve food and probably hang up/build some items. I have respect for him because he is trying to continue in the show and not take a medical. I was also glad that Trump didn't try to push him out for medical when it was clear that he could continue - I think had the Doctors felt he shouldn't continue due to the injury, they'd told him and Trump and it'd been announced before the boardroom.

5. I do have reservations of several of Penn and Teller's tricks (they can be a tad macabre); however, I have respect for Penn choosing a charity such as his. So many people tend to shun a group such as that one because they thing those with mental handicaps and challenges are too weird and a plague of sorts. This showed them in a very good and large light that there's more to the story than the stereotype.

Not a bad episode - was sad to see one of the better-known contestants leave, but still... much better than some in the past.

I find it somewhat amusing that when Trump has a creative task that doesn't involve raising money (last week/this week) that Trump donates $20K to the PM's charity and then the company that they happen to be working with (Medieval Times last week) also throws in a "generous $20K as well" (and everyone acts surprised!). This week's task was to make windows in one of the most elite stores in NY to showcase one of probably the richest daughters in NY and I didn't see her coughing up the "generous $20K as well". I found that a bit interesting. I don't mind Don, but I find Ivanka, and Eric (in as much as I've seen of him), to be a bit on the snotty side. I'm sure they are great business people, but they just seem to have an air about them that I find off-putting. Something about the way Ivanka talks and over-enunciates every syllable irks me. I'm sure she is a very nice person and all, but I just don't like the vibe she puts off- at least on my TV.

FORT Fogey

I didn't see the end of the show, but I'm sorry George is gone too. I was hoping to hear more about his charity, which sounded really interesting. Not that the other contestants' charities aren't obviously worthy too, but George's was a little more unusual, and I wanted to know more about how the museum intends to tell the story of the Japanese internment camps. I wanted to hear George talk more about his experiences with them too.

As for the men's first window, yeah, it did make the women look like Clay's assistants, which was inappropriate for a line headed by a woman, so it was sexist. But considering what falls out of Trump's own mouth on a regular basis, it was mild. I wish someone would point out to him how sexist his remarks and behavior is. The men made a single stupid mistake. Trump has made a habit out making stupid, sexist remarks.
    tapper01 and AlwaysVeg like this.

Sometimes I wonder if Clay knows that Penn did a bit on his magic show every night where he ends up breaking a bottle and he holds up the neck half and says he'd love to use it to slit Clay's throat with it. How does Penn look Clay in the eye knowing he did this every night?

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I'm thrilled that the person who said there would be a double elimination this week was wrong.

I worked in a restaurant that Penn frequented when he first came to Las Vegas. I waited on him and observed him on several occasions. I can tell you that the Penn you see on this show is the Penn I saw when he was relaxed and around friends. He bore no resemblance to the Penn you see on stage.
    Shoepie and Fanny Mare like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I didn't see the end of the show, but I'm sorry George is gone too. I was hoping to hear more about his charity, which sounded really interesting. Not that the other contestants' charities aren't obviously worthy too, but George's was a little more unusual, and I wanted to know more about how the museum intends to tell the story of the Japanese internment camps. I wanted to hear George talk more about his experiences with them too...
    This may be a good starting point for info about George's charity and experiences:
    Allegiance - A New Broadway Musical

I'm looking forward to seeing this production when it opens here in September!
    Allie likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread