+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 2/26 episode

FORT Fogey

Celebrity Apprentice 2/26 episode

Everyone's going medieval.

The men pick Penn as their team leader. What a surprise. His Renaissance Fair experience is going to come in helpful here.

Seriously, the men have a lot more people who are performers/actors. They'd have to screw up big time not to win this one.
    cablejockey likes this.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2/26 episode

I appreciate the girls' plan to utilize the Housewives theme, but how will the audience respond to that? Everyone in my family, extended included, (except me) wouldn't even know what that was about. Don't most people going to Medieval Times expect traditional stuff? And if the audience is voting...hmmm.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

God, that Lisa is a *itch!
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

FORT Fogey

I think the larger problem on the women's team is that they simply cannot seem to work together at all. Even if their concept had a wide appeal to all ages, would they be able to pull it off?

Penn's playing it smart, I think, in that he's trying to make everyone on his team look good by having them do what their fans would want to see them do. Plus, his plot line is very simple, which is about all they really have time to put together well. He also seems to be taking advantage of the horses, fight coordinators etc. In other words, what the audience goes in expecting. If I'd paid to see Medieval Times and saw a bunch of women sitting around a table parodying the Real Housewives, I'd be miffed.

Let's face it, the women's team is a disaster waiting to happen. If the competition had to do with devising a marketing plan for tampons, the guys would still probably win.
    cablejockey and Uncle David like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    ...Let's face it, the women's team is a disaster waiting to happen. If the competition had to do with devising a marketing plan for tampons, the guys would still probably win.
    very funny!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

The women seem to be assuming that everyone in New Jersey likes/finds amusing the housewives and Jersey Shore stereotypes. Is that actually true? Also, would the audience at Medieval Times be locals, tourists, or a mix of both.

Dang it, why do people on both teams insist on referring to Shakespeare as medieval? He's not.
    JohnnyK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    ...Dang it, why do people on both teams insist on referring to Shakespeare as medieval? He's not.
    Being a history student, I share your angst. History just isn't taught in schools as it once was
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Being a history student, I share your angst. History just isn't taught in schools as it once was
    Oh, it's taught and, for the most part, quite well if the teacher is given even half a chance. It's just neither respected (by students and, apparently, their parents) nor learned.
    Florimel and CrazyDutchWoman like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Okay...last episode we were led to believe (by editing) the women had won, but they didn't. This time we're led to believe the women have won...hope the trend continues.
    Allie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Oh, it's taught and, for the most part, quite well if the teacher is given even half a chance. It's just neither respected (by students and, apparently, their parents) nor learned.
    There's true history...and then there's re-written history...and finally there's the drive-thru history. I know high school students who are friends of my teen who don't know the difference between the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, and the Magna Carta (and they're high-level students going to good universities next fall).
    Ellen and Allie like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast