+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 2/26 episode

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2/26 episode

Lisa sucks. I can't stand comedians with anger issues. Somehow they seem twisted and fake.

She also double doses on the makeup. So far she's been talking like a fool and looking like a clown.
    cablejockey and sunshine3331 like this.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Random thoughts . . .

Given a choice between Lisa or Victoria, I'll take Victoria any day. Lisa is loudmouthed, obnoxious and just plain mean and nasty. I do understand that you have to be able to rein people in, if you're the leader of something. Otherwise, nothing productive will usually get done and when the smoke clears, it's YOUR butt that'll be on the line, and possibly out the door.

But, I DON'T believe that you usually have to talk down to people or treat them like breathing dog poop to get control of a situation, either. There ARE cases where you have to go there, but based on what I saw, I don't believe that this was one of those particular situations.

Yep, I think Lou went overboard. I think part of it might be an anger issue, but also, part of it --- JMHO --- might have come from the fact that being deaf, people might probably have treated him as lazy, stupid, etc., for most or all of his life, and he may still have a resultant chip on his shoulder because of that. Now that I think of it a little more, I believe that if there IS an anger issue there that fueled him going after Penn like he did, and that issue was most likely generated by abuse he might've received during his early life, being deaf. That's why he kept referring to himself as a person who could out-work anybody, and ran long with the rehearsal for the sword fight, I think. He felt he HAD to prove himself to be the equal of everybody else on his team, who DIDN'T have hearing issues.

Love Penn, Dee, Arsenio, Clay, George (THAT VOICE!!!!!!!!!). Cannot STAND Sr. or Adam. Too soon to really tell about Michael, but my feeling is he'll turn out to be a good egg. Kudos to Dee for going on with the show with a broken finger. I don't think I would've been able to do it.

To touch on what Phroshay said about Victoria being on Wendy Williams . . .

I happened to see both shows. What intrigued me about the first one where Wendy "rooted" her (i.e., ran her fingers through her hair to see whether or not it was a weave), was when she alluded --- after leading questioning by Wendy, of course --- to there being a real knockdown, drag-out between two of the contestants. IIRC, her words were something to the effect of: "NeNe and Star? That was nothin'. I thought they were gonna come to blows!"

Makes me wonder just WHEN she actually got fired, because up to this point, I don't consider that I've seen a real dust-up between any of the competitors.

Oh, and the reason she said she had so much hair is that because her father asked her to never cut her hair, and she complied with his request. I remember her telling Wendy that she could actually sit on her hair.
    Last edited by ness; 02-28-2012 at 08:42 PM.
    cablejockey likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    ...Yep, I think Lou went overboard. I think part of it might be an anger issue, but also, part of it --- JMHO --- might have come from the fact that being deaf, people might probably have treated him as lazy, stupid, etc., for most or all of his life, and he may still have a resultant chip on his shoulder because of that. Now that I think of it a little more, I believe that if there IS an anger issue there that fueled him going after Penn like he did, that issue was most likely generated by abuse he might've received during his early life, being deaf. That's why he kept referring to himself as a person who could out-work anybody, and ran long with the rehearsal for the sword fight, I think. He felt he HAD to prove himself to be the equal of everybody else on his team, who DIDN'T have hearing issues...
    I can totally understand that, good point!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I think I'd take Lisa over Victoria. Lisa did take it way over the top and didn't need to be so tough. She could have taken it down a notch and still get them together on what she wanted from them but I don't know....maybe they needed someone to "parent" them. We're dealing with a lot of big egos and all of them probably thought they knew better than she did. With all the editing that goes on in these shows, who knows? But I'd rather have someone like Lisa who's motives are right there in your face and I, personally, felt she was open and honest. I don't get that vibe from Victoria, especially when she would slither around with what she said or didn't say. We have video to show that she was trying her best change how she did things.

I agree about what motivated Lou's anger/dispute about Penn's statement but he's a mature middle-aged man now and has made quite a name for himself. He's now proven that he is capable of great accomplishments in his life as opposed to his earlier life. It's time to drop the chip off his shoulder. I realize that doing that takes a lot of work but I think we're all capable of trying to overcome our bad childhoods and not just rely on our instinctual behavior. Especially since prior to the boardroom scene, Penn realize what Trump would ask him and explained to the men that he would have to name two people and none really deserved it but he had to give some answer if he wanted to stay. At that point, he didn't know that his team had won and his charity would be given the money. I think he would have been willing to be the one fired if he knew his chairty would benefit.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

The thing about "mean" comedians (those whose humor is based on smack-talking others) is that I have to like them personally to forgive them professionally. Joan Rivers is a great example. No one else can get on stage and say what she says and get away with it. She can and does because we know in real life she really means no harm.

Lisa is funny (not nearly as funny as Joan, though), but she was an ugly human being. No matter how good the production was, she gets and "F" grade from me for the task. And, I'll find it difficult to support her on stage knowing how rather vile she is in real life.

I think Trump ultimately sent Victoria home for lack of engagement in the process as he did with Cheryl. A key difference being that Victoria wanted to engage in the process, and Cheryl really didn't. To my eyes, Victoria underestimated the demands of the competition and lacked some of the social skills to pull it off. Both she and Cheryl were outside of their element - but for different reasons.

I really liked Victoria but it was the right decision long term.

xxxxx

I love how Theresa said she'll fight back if attacked.....that was such a RHNJ thing to say! I loved it. I hope we see the fiery side of her during the show although I'm guessing we don't as I haven't heard anything to that affect. Still bummed NeNe quit. I like NeNe but she dropped several notches for me by doing that.
    Last edited by Jexter; 02-29-2012 at 10:49 AM.
    cablejockey and jucamer like this.

I believe Lisa should have been fired simply because she was project manager of this task and the crowd clearly disliked what they saw. Obviously, children in the audience had no idea who or what The Housewives theme represented and it seemed half the crowd were children. About 200 folks in the audience favored the men's team. To me, Trump's decision should have been a no brainer. That said, this is a tv show. It get's ratings. Lisa, and her volatility, will make better "tv" than Victoria and that's why I think Donald kept her around.

The men's team will crush the women.

Lou made an ass out of himself, IMO. He may have issues, which I appreciate, but he made a mountain out of molehill. Penn was forced to choose two people from his team. It was a no win situation for Penn and I don't think he should have asked for forgiveness when all was said and done. It's a game. Somebody gets fired after each task. The project manager will be choosing two people to join him/her in the boardroom all the time. Sheesh!
    CrazyDutchWoman and jucamer like this.

I agree with some of you that Trump should have fired Lisa. But he did not and I think I know why., For the first time Don annoyed the heck out of me. He was constantly on Victoria's case and every tine she said something about Lisa he would help out Lisa. Well since when did he get so biased. He is really starting to act more and more like his dad.
    ( Joan and Melissa Rivers. Do I need to say more.)

Last week I thought liked Lisa but boy how wrong I was. I also liked the model Dayaane? and I still do.

It was true that Lisa just did not likr Victoria and on purpose did not give her a job until the beginning of the afternoon. Oh you can do that. It was not smart of Victoria to say she would not be good at it.. She got played by Lisa big time.
    sunshine3331 likes this.

I am in total agreement with a couple (or three, or four) of you upthread that Lou is a grown man now, has made his mark, and certainly has nothing to prove as regards whether or not he can hold his own --- as well as triumph, in some cases --- in a situation wherein he is the only one of the group who has a communications difficulty.

Having said that . . .

Old hurts --- especially those that happened during childhood and young adulthood, I feel --- have long, strong roots that tend to run very, very deep. And facts are facts . . . Even though Lou has certainly made his mark in the bodybuilding and entertainment worlds, he's been off the major national radar for quite a bit of time, I believe. So it's kind of easy to see how he would feel at least a little bit out of his element in this situation, and that his old defenses might rise up and make him take personal offense where none was intended.

It's all a balancing game, I think. While as adults we all might learn to accept and move past whatever hurts we suffered in our early years, those hurts DO run deep. And being only human, it's not unreasonable to me that from time to time, even though we may have learned how to work through and with those misfortunes, at the end of the day, we do the best we can with that. And sometimes we lose our balance and unintentionally revert to allowing our old feelings and reactions to surface and take center stage. Even though we don't mean to do so.

Then, too, I have to wonder if, within himself, Lou might be comparing himself with Marlee Matlin. Marlee, even though she didn't win, made an absolutely stellar appearance on "Celebrity Apprentice" (IIRC, she was the runner up to John Rich; please correct me if I'm remembering that wrong). She, too, has hearing impairment, yet had the guts to put herself out there on "Dancing with the Stars" (hell, that is something I wouldn't have the nerve to try!). No, she didn't win, but she did go very far, and, again, was a magnificent example of overcoming or working through what others might view as a limitation by the very example of her being willing to even GO there.

Do I think he went overboard with Penn? Again, yep. WAY overboard.

But, OTOH, I'm guilty of having done the same thing myself a time or two (or three, or ten) since I entered the happy hunting grounds of mid-middle age, so I can understand it.

NOT condone it.

Just understand it.

JMHO.
    Allie and AZChristian like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

So NeNe was originally on this one too? I must've missed it. Anyway, Can't stand Lisa. Hope she gets fired next. Lou went way overboard. What's he gonna do next time, turn into the hulk and kill everybody? LOL!
    cablejockey and sunshine3331 like this.

FORT Fogey

Lou Ferrigno said that he 'came from nothing.' I looked up his bio and found out that his father was a police lieutenant... so it's not as if Lou grew up in a slum.

+ Reply to Thread