+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 2/26 episode

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2/26 episode

Lou did take his anger and dissapointment way too far in this episode but I was really impressed with Penn's displayed of class in keeping his cool under Lou's constant bullying. What more did he want Penn to profess?....
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

To the Point

I was really, really dreading Penn being on this show, but I have to say that I have been impressed to this point. He seems like a very solid guy. He has just always been so stinking over-the-top in everything I've seen him do that he just got on my nerves. I was so impressed that he just let Lou vent and didn't give it right back.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I was really, really dreading Penn being on this show, but I have to say that I have been impressed to this point. He seems like a very solid guy. He has just always been so stinking over-the-top in everything I've seen him do that he just got on my nerves. I was so impressed that he just let Lou vent and didn't give it right back.
    Penn should have remembered the famous line from The Incredible Hulk before choosing Lou as a weakest link: "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

I was sort of embarrassed for Lou. His emotional reaction was over the top. I do wonder if he was carrying baggage from being picked on when he was a kid or something. He went from defending himself straight into being overly defensive. Penn handled the unfortunate situation pretty well, I think.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Fogey

I, too, thought Penn did an excellent job in the board room. I liked the reason he gave for naming George and Lou. It had nothing to do with the challenge itself but he was looking down the road as to who may be weak links in future challenges. And he was right on target with Lou; I cannot see him as team leader.
    I wonder if we hear others taking this position in the future.

Lou probably had a tough time growing up with a severe hearing loss but I don't think he is all that smart and his social skills are lacking, as well. Good for Penn for letting him vent. And good for George for taking the high road. This is a very strong team. There will be trouble though; it is hard to avoid on this show.

I took a good look at Victoria last night and I did see that she looks closer to 49 than I had previously thought. My guess was well into her 60s and at first glance she does! She is not unattractive, just very hard looking. Remove the wig, toss on jeans, t-shirt and minimal make up and she would be stunning in her tough girl way.

The women's team is a disaster. I see a team shuffle coming very soon.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I saw Victoria on The Wendy Williams Show.....the queen of wigs....and Victoria said that her hair was her own (after Wendy asked if it was a weave or a wig), and let Wendy run her hands through it. Wendy confirmed that it was Victoria's hair. HOW HORRIBLE!!!! I always thought it was a really ugly weave.

There is a diva battle going on between Debbie Gibson and Aubrey Day. Egos abound!!! They keep cutting each other the sharp side glances!
    cablejockey, ness, Shoepie and 3 others like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I saw Victoria on The Wendy Williams Show.....the queen of wigs....and Victoria said that her hair was her own (after Wendy asked if it was a weave or a wig), and let Wendy run her hands through it. Wendy confirmed that it was Victoria's hair. HOW HORRIBLE!!!! I always thought it was a really ugly weave.

There is a diva battle going on between Debbie Gibson and Aubrey Day. Egos abound!!! They keep cutting each other the sharp side glances!
    Were you able to see the back of her hair on Wendy? I don't doubt that she has her own thick hair bleached but she had to have clip on extentions on the show. The shot of her walking out of the board room with cork screw curls past her waist was not believable.

I understand what you are saying, but that mess has got to weigh a ton. Anything to ease the weight would be understandable. And, yes, you could see the back of her hair on Wendy's show since the guests sit on a couch with their backs partially facing the audience. Wendy is the kind of woman who would "tell it" if she felt something suspicious.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    They don't have state testing on history as far as I know. I think it is getting the short-shift nowadays. :-(
    My daughter is in 8th grade and her school (due to 'budget cuts") has now combined History and English and its called Humanities. So they end up doing grammar and spelling on history-related things, which totally short changes both subjects. Its maddening! Also Geography has apparently been tossed out the window. We live in Maine. My daughter cannot tell you the ONLY state that borders us. She doesn't know any of the state locations, their capitals, or any of the presidents aside the current one and maybe George Washington. I could write for pages and pages how IRRITATED I am at her (lack-of) schooling, but it would bore you to tears I'm sure. I don't blame the teachers (well, not most of them), but I do blame the lack of high standards set by the administration. It's the total dumbing down of America and it is starting with our children.

(Ok...hopping off soapbox now)
    Ellen and SugarMama like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Victoria's hair not only seems fake, but her face does, as well. I've been wondering... extensions? wig?
    I've come to a conclusion that I need to only watch the last 15 minutes of a show & this being no exception.
    I noticed Victoria's hair too. When she left the boardroom her hair was straight. When she got into the car suddenly it was a bit curly in back like she had a quick redo with a curling iron. In the car it was straight again.
    Ms Bunny wonders to herself if they all tape the leaving in the car all at the same time.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

(con't.) would say so, if not right at that moment, then maybe even the next day. Wendy is her name, and gossip is her game.

By the way, Arsenio looks like "holy hell"!

+ Reply to Thread