+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 2/26 episode

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2/26 episode

Uncalled for is the name of her game. She's like the female Sasha Baron Cohen but raunchier and crueller.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Maybe from the people he's been around in his adult life (i.e., television/movie types) that's the way it seems from his perspective. A police lieutenant doesn't make that much money - lower middle to middle class maybe? Middle class is a life of constant struggle to maintain, but you get little assistance if any.
    Why would it be a struggle for his father to maintain their lifestlye? Police get a guaranteed income. Also, when Lou said he came 'from nothing,' I thought that maybe he grew up in a slum; his mother maybe was a drug addict; and his father wasn't around.

FORT Fogey

Maybe from the people he's been around in his adult life (i.e., television/movie types) that's the way it seems from his perspective. A police lieutenant doesn't make that much money - lower middle to middle class maybe? Middle class is a life of constant struggle to maintain, but you get little assistance if any.
    Why would it be a struggle for his father to maintain their lifestlye? Police get a guaranteed income. Also, when Lou said he came 'from nothing,' I thought that maybe he grew up in a slum; his mother maybe was a drug addict; and his father wasn't around.

Kiz

I know I've said things that came out wrong when highly impassioned, so we might be putting more weight on Lou's "came from nothing" statement then it deserves. Also, we don't know what his home life was like, and maybe there's more to that story. On the other hand, his parents may have been his rock of support, so I hate to speculate there too much. My gut feeling is that those childhood taunts and bullying got into his head, and that he felt like he was a nothing. So when he said he came from nothing, he was talking about his success as compared to the little kid who was beat up and called Dumb Louie on the playground.
    ness likes this.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    I know I've said things that came out wrong when highly impassioned, so we might be putting more weight on Lou's "came from nothing" statement then it deserves. Also, we don't know what his home life was like, and maybe there's more to that story. On the other hand, his parents may have been his rock of support, so I hate to speculate there too much. My gut feeling is that those childhood taunts and bullying got into his head, and that he felt like he was a nothing. So when he said he came from nothing, he was talking about his success as compared to the little kid who was beat up and called Dumb Louie on the playground.
    I still say that by saying he "came from nothing" - from his current perspective that rings true. I don't know what his life is like now, but I'm sure he's not living on a police officer's salary, and he probably enjoys a lifestyle he couldn't imagine growing up. JMO.
    ness likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Kiz

I still say that by saying he "came from nothing" - from his current perspective that rings true. I don't know what his life is like now, but I'm sure he's not living on a police officer's salary, and he probably enjoys a lifestyle he couldn't imagine growing up. JMO.
    "Came from nothing" holds such a negative connatation, at least for me (drug addiction, slums, etc), that I can't imagine him meaning that even compared to his life now, he thinks he came from nothing. It's such a slap on the face to his parents, so I think there's more to it, but I could be wrong.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    "Came from nothing" holds such a negative connatation, at least for me (drug addiction, slums, etc), that I can't imagine him meaning that even compared to his life now, he thinks he came from nothing. It's such a slap on the face to his parents, so I think there's more to it, but I could be wrong.
    I agree: coming 'from nothing' has a very negative connotation, and it was a slap in the face to his parents.

I think the "come from nothing" remark was one of Lou's too-impassioned statements...he really went off the wall in the boardroom, so I would take everything he said with a grain of salt.

Years ago, I saw "Pumping Iron," which is about his competing against Arnold Schwarzenegger for the 1975 Mr. Olympia title. It's a fascinating film that explains a lot about both men, both of them unknown at the time outside body-building circles. While Arnold showboats, Lou is very quiet and hangs out only with his family. He even trains in the basement rather than in a public gym. It's speculated that Lou lost the competition because Arnold taunted him backstage just before he went on--his confidence was shaken. I see the same character on CA now, 37 years later. think he really has not moved beyond his history as the picked-on kid.
    ness likes this.

[sarcasm]Oh wow. What an eye-opener. I never knew, until this moment, that I came from nothing, too! My dad was a union-contractor construction electrician. Totally blue-collar. Wisconsin. Not Hollywood-to-Bel Air at all. I'd better get crackin' and cuss me out some folks... [/sarcasm]
    Lou, grow the f*** up! I'm married to a guy who's been significantly hearing-challenged since childhood. Yes, he gets angry and frustrated, too. But not embarrassingly so. And, we don't live on celeb investments/earnings/royalties/facetime. Oh, wait. On TV, immaturity = production value. Nevermind.
    J.D. and jucamer like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fan

I'm replying to queries on page 3 of this thread.

Lou was just auditioning for the cameras and the casting directors out there. He sounded like a stammering idiot too. No offense, cos I believe he might be partially deaf or something. But, still, his indignation was not righteous, faker! lol.

The image of the losing apprentice walking to the taxi was all filmed for all cast-members at the very beginning of the shoot - like the first day. We learned that during the first season in 2003/4. V.Gotti actually had put on her flat wig on the day she was fired but she began the show with the hideous "wavy" wig.

+ Reply to Thread