+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 2/19 premiere episode

FORT Fogey

Celebrity Apprentice 2/19 premiere episode

No one else had started a thread, so I thought I would.

I'm watching right now, having switched over from the delayed TAR, and Penn Gillette is coming off as a pretty good businessman. Clearly George and Chopper aren't going to get along as they're just too different in personalities.

BTW, I have a photograph I took of Penn Gillette when he was Penn the Juggler at the Minnesota Renaissance Festival in the early 1980s. I don't know if he hadn't met Teller yet, but he was a solo act back then.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2/19 premiere episode

Still have 10 minutes here. I can't wait for this season, though. Lots of good personalities.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

FORT Fogey

Who'd a'thunk that Clay Aiken would have been Penn Gillette's huckster in training? Even Penn was impressed with his ability to get people to fork over more than they said they would.

I don't know the Chopper guy, but I don't like the way he seems to be dismissing George Takei. Heck, they should have thought about using him to draw a crowd--there have to be some rabid Trekkers out there who'd want his autograph and would be willing to pay for a sandwich to get it.
    cablejockey, ness, Allie and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Who'd a'thunk that Clay Aiken would have been Penn Gillette's huckster in training? Even Penn was impressed with his ability to get people to fork over more than they said they would.

I don't know the Chopper guy, but I don't like the way he seems to be dismissing George Takei. Heck, they should have thought about using him to draw a crowd--there have to be some rabid Trekkers out there who'd want his autograph and would be willing to pay for a sandwich to get it.
    I would!!!!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

FORT Fogey

Paul's team won only because he got three-quarters of the entire amount the team raised from one person. I don't find that particularly impressive. It just means he has one incredibly wealthy friend who could afford to donate over $300,000 regardless of how well or how poorly the men's team did (I don't think they were terrible by any means, but when you can get one donation that big, you don't really have to work very hard on the task). Makes me feel like they really should have a limit on how much any one person can give or at least how much of any one person's donation could count toward the task. If someone wanted to give more than what would count in the final tally, just because he/she believed that strongly in the charity, I think an exception could be made for that.

It does seem like the teams aren't very well matched in terms of fame either. The men's team has a lot more recognizable names on it than the women's team does. I mean, how many people really know former holders of the Miss Universe title as opposed to someone who's been on Star Trek?

FORT Fogey

I wish Ivanka would explain to her father that he's living in the 21st century and that being an openly sexist pig is unattractive. I hate that he immediately assumed that one of the women who raised a lot of money had a rich boyfriend. And the remark about Victoria Gotti having experience dealing with unions was just tacky, not to mention the comments he and Donald Jr. made about the junkyard in Jersey and when Aubrey made the comment that she might be taking a bullet for the team by nominating Victoria as someone who needs to go.

Then he interrupts Cheryl Tiegs to tell her not to let someone else to interrupt her. I really, really wish the women would stand up for themselves when he gets like that, even if they are trying to raise money for their charities.
    cablejockey, ness, Shoepie and 4 others like this.

And the remark about Victoria Gotti having experience dealing with unions was just tacky, not to mention the comments he and Donald Jr. made about the junkyard in Jersey
    Yes, something about "landfills" - tacky, and not even funny. I'm no Victoria Gotti fan, but, sheesh.
    Last edited by tango7; 02-19-2012 at 10:51 PM.
    cablejockey likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    Yes, something about "landfills" - tacky.
    You're right--landfills. I thought something sounded wrong about junkyards when I wrote it, but I couldn't think why.

Cheryl is a bit of an airhead. I don't think I like Aubrey or Patricia much either. I guess I'm rooting for the men this time around...
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Victoria WAS making personal calls during the task.
    NCLurker likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast