+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 2/19 premiere episode

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2/19 premiere episode

I love the original Star Trek. I watched the reruns with my dad and know every one of them. I didn't care for Sulu, I had a crush on Scotty and Chekov.

Here's hoping the loudmouths don't get to run over those with manners, and I'm talking men and women.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

In the case of George, by George, it doesn't look like Trump will let them.

As for the rest, most of them seem like loud-mouths, so I'm not too too worried. Patricia garnered enough respect to hold them off, at least.

(Bones was my first little girl crush on an older man. Imagine how happy I was to find out Urban was the new Bones. )

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

As a food server back in the late 80s I had to wait on George. He was creepy! *shudder*
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    As a food server back in the late 80s I had to wait on George. He was creepy! *shudder*
    Really? did he wear his star trek attire? I had the pleasure( not) of showing around the dark girl on that show, that suddenly tuned singer .She was singing in the hotel where I worked.She wasn't that good, but she wore a very see through blouse, and had a rather large bust .The audience was there for that! not the voice. She wasn't a nice person at all.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Oh my gosh. That's hilarious! How was he creepy?

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Nothing specific about the creepiness. Just his overall manner. None of the servers wanted to wait on him.
    Shoepie and Fanny Mare like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

Nothing specific about the creepiness. Just his overall manner. None of the servers wanted to wait on him.
    Interesting. That is the vibe I get from him, too. I know nothing of him or his work. Star Trek, but I never watched it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Really? did he wear his star trek attire? I had the pleasure( not) of showing around the dark girl on that show, that suddenly tuned singer .She was singing in the hotel where I worked.She wasn't that good, but she wore a very see through blouse, and had a rather large bust .The audience was there for that! not the voice. She wasn't a nice person at all.
    Do you mean Nichelle Nichols?

She has some experience as a singer and in entertainment before Star Trek. She sang in the Blue Angel and Playboy Clubs. She played Carmen for a Chicago stock company production of "Carmen Jones."
    (nominated two times for the Sara Siddon Award as best actress.)
    I believe she also toured with the Duke Ellington and Lionel Hampton before begin on Star Trek, if I am not mistaken.

I only saw her in person once, but she was very gracious to the fans then.
    spockwhat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Do you mean Nichelle Nichols?

She has some experience as a singer and in entertainment before Star Trek. She sang in the Blue Angel and Playboy Clubs. She played Carmen for a Chicago stock company production of "Carmen Jones."
    (nominated two times for the Sara Siddon Award as best actress.)
    I believe she also toured with the Duke Ellington and Lionel Hampton before begin on Star Trek, if I am not mistaken.

I only saw her in person once, but she was very gracious to the fans then.
    It was in 197?? 1975 perhaps.. so I dont recall her name . I think she was nice enough to the people that came to see her in the lounge,the server and the cleaning staff, not so much.There were a few "don't you know who I am" from her( no, we did not) in her defence she told everyone she had a bad throat before she sang. When they came out, I did hear a few people say she left nothing to the imagination( going bra less under a very see through blouse)

I am glad you enjoyed her Allie

Nichelle Nichols is a hero to many African American women for breaking barriers. According to sources, she wanted to quit the show but was encouraged to stay on by Martin Luther King to be a role model to both women and minorities. And so she did, though she didn't originally want to stay. It's really to Roddenberry's credit, but she was the face to the breakthrough.

Same is true in many ways for George Takai... minority as a main character on the bridge. Love it or hate it, Star Trek represented minorities on network television when no one else was.

Side note (or actually more to the point of this thread, Celebrity Apprentice)... I asked my husband if he thought Takai was creepy. He was like, 'hell, yes!' I guess I just think he's weird and funny.
    Ellen, mom2 and Allie like this.

+ Reply to Thread