+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 2/19 premiere episode

FORT Fogey

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2/19 premiere episode

Victora Gotti has some impressive accomplishments under her belt. Below is a paragraph from her offical site bio.

Victoria Gotti is a bestselling author of three novels including "The Senator's Daughter," "I'll Be Watching You" and "Superstar," as well as a cookbook, "Hot Italian Dish," a memoir, "This Family of Mine: What It Was Like Growing Up Gotti" and a book called "Women and Mitral Valve Prolapse," inspired by her experience with the disease. Formerly a New York Post columnist, she has been an executive editor and columnist at Star Magazine since 2004. Her newest venture is the recently launched Reality Weekly, for which she serves as Editor-in-Chief at Large.
    It is shameful for Trump to reduce her to a mob sterotype.

Aubrey is an accomplished Broadway actor/singer. I would not have known to what extent had I not read about her.

I was fine with Cheryl going. She admitted to being a loner. "Loner" is a loaded word and a good way to define someone who is not a leader, quiet and lacking in the dynamic needed for this show. I doubt they connected with her. By elimination time they all had seen this clearly and I do not see this firing as unreasonable, at all.

I loved Adam's comment that Paul managed to nail 3 minorities with the two he saw as weak! I have always enjoyed his humor.

Those grilled cheese, on wonder bread with processed orange cheese, looked terrible.

I think I remember in seasons past that the doner had to show up in person. Their were staged nail biting moments waiting for the person to show before the challenge ended. Anyone else remember this?
    Last edited by Shoepie; 02-20-2012 at 09:41 AM.
    Midol, Fanny Mare and sparklete like this.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Clay really impressed me with how he was not shy at all about pressuring people to pay as much as possible for the "sammiches".

Even though the guys would have lost if it weren't for the one big donor, I thought their presentation was so much better. Their sandwiches appeared to be better (and Rachael Ray agreed), and their sidewalk show was much better. However, maybe their show was a little too good. It seemed people only wanted to be part of that. But as previous posters have said, maybe George would have served better being outside. Better yet, maybe they should have had a sign that said you had to go inside to see him and/or the others, and list them by name or have a poster with all their faces on it.

I hope Adam sticks around a long time. Loving his humor! Arsenio was also very funny when he said that he ran into Ruben Studdard, and Ruben said not to be the first black man to lose to Clay!

I also liked George's reaction when Lou took his shirt off. Priceless!
    Arielflies, Allie, Midol and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

I agree, it should have been more about how many sandwiches you sold or something along those lines.

And i also agree, the men are recognizable. I think the last group of female celebrities left a bad taste to maybe would be big celebrity women. After what they did on last CA, if i was a recognizable female celebrity, i would not be caught dead been on this show. I think they just settle for who accepted.

and calling George meek? that guy has more gut and courage than all of them combined. Trump won't fired him any time soon. I am even shocked George agreed to be on this show to begin with.
    Allie likes this.

Love Adam and Arsenial - both very funny men. Love George - so not meek! I have such high estimation for him. The lady's team is full of people that made no impression on me and many of which I have never heard of.
    Allie likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

The ladies team always gets catty with each other, like they are jealous of anyone that gets more attention. The Men's team was all about working and doing the job. We had 4 people watching last night and each person commented on how the women turn on each other.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    The ladies team always gets catty with each other, like they are jealous of anyone that gets more attention. The Men's team was all about working and doing the job. We had 4 people watching last night and each person commented on how the women turn on each other.
    I find that is the case on most of the reality shows. Not once has an all female alliance lasted in Survivor or BB. In real life most women have long lasting friendships but you would never know it by watching reality TV.

Have to say that I managed to watch the whole 2 hour show in less than half an hour. FF through most of Donald's prattle and the usual fighting over name and project manager, most of the sales at the sandwich shop and am proud to say that after reading everyone's comments I realise that I am clearly an expert on how this show works and is edited because I apparently caught all the stuff that everyone commented on in my abreviated version. With that said, of everyone there, Penn seemed to be the most on the ball and I would not be surprised if he makes it to the end.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I think they're called trekkies but I agree. I still can't believe Clay Aiken still has the same hair style as he did on Idol 10 years ago.
    We prefer Trekkers, lol. Trekkies sound like crazies and is usually used with scorn.
    AZChristian likes this.

I think Adam might make it to the end. He seems to be able to size up his competitors pretty well.

Trump's mob jokes were unbearable. He just does not know when to stop.

My least favorite, however, is Aubrey O'Day--still not sure who she is other than a silly-looking woman with a very overinflated opinion of herself. I would love to see her go, and soon.

I'm old enough to remember when Cheryl Tiegs was THE It Girl, so it was a little sad to see her picked apart by the no-names...still, it was clear she is not right for the show.
    cablejockey likes this.

Cheryl Tiegs might have felt out of her league in the CA stratosphere, but she could give a master class on how to age gracefully. Victoria Gotti & Debbie Gibson might want to attend it.

In Paul Sr's defence...I think he used "meek" when he may have meant "reserved". The Teutels have pretty bombastic personalities and I don't think he was trying to insult George Takei - I believe that George's demeanour is something he's not used to. I don't know why Trump feels the need to back people into a corner like that - we know he's a pompous ass, yet he feels the need to prove it over and over again every season.
    norealityhere and sparklete like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I think they're called trekkies but I agree. I still can't believe Clay Aiken still has the same hair style as he did on Idol 10 years ago.
    Yeah...he's 33 years old....time to buy a comb!

+ Reply to Thread