+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Celeb Apprentice 5 (aka Season 12)

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: Celeb Apprentice 5 (aka Season 12)

Welcome to the fun of commenting on the Celebrity Apprentice, RoxyKnox!

I feel like we've slipped into some sort of sideways universe, where those on the Apprentice are mostly likeable and inspiring ( I love Patricia's charity!) and a show like the Biggest Loser is the one we watch for chaos and drama and general craziness.

Well, at least The Bachelor is predictably stupid. :p

Fanny Mare likes this.

This is the first season I've ever decided to watch this show (well, actually Mr.Holly decided to, so I joined him)...I'm just curious, is it always 2 hours long? I don't know if I can hang with it if it's gonna be two hours every week.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    This is the first season I've ever decided to watch this show (well, actually Mr.Holly decided to, so I joined him)...I'm just curious, is it always 2 hours long? I don't know if I can hang with it if it's gonna be two hours every week.
    Yes, sorry Holly it's always 2 hours

ugh...thanks
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    I'm just curious, is it always 2 hours long? I don't know if I can hang with it if it's gonna be two hours every week.
    It has been for recent seasons....I think the 2 hour formula is achieved now with the long, long Boardroom scenes, especially with Trump doing all the questioning of so many of the group on who they would fire. This is a new procedure, where he used to just ask the PM. But I could be wrong....not unheard of for me.

Got to admit that I was floored seeing the pix of Trump's son's and their safari "trophies." Ugh.

My father in law went on a safari to Africa last year and the only they used to "shoot" was a camera. Why is it legal to kill those animals?
    I do understand that sometimes there are areas that become over-populated with certain animals and "culling" is allowed because it upsets the ecology for all the other animals. But this was just awful....I was particularly horrified to see the elephant tail.

I also hated the big smiles on their faces. Having a gun doesn't exactly make it a fair fight, to me. I'd like to see those wimps go hand to hand (or hand to hoof) with those animals and then see who wins.
    JMHO
    Ellen, cablejockey and Jaceegirl like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I saw them, too. Was pretty shocked and angry at the time.

And I found this article: Ted Nugent Defends Donald Trump Jr. As Sponsor Bags 'Apprentice' Over Jr.'s Hunting Trip | Fox News

Have lost a bit of respect for the Dumps.
    jucamer and Jaceegirl like this.

I'd like to see the stats that say those animals were overpopulated, as Don Jr. says. As to feeding a whole village, I would imagine they have guns too and are just as able to shoot animals for food themselves. I just don't buy their talk of doing a humanitarian thing.

I'm definitely not a PETA person. I don't always agree with their viewpoint and I'm not likely to become a vegetarian. And I'm not against owning guns.
    But this seems wholly for their own purpose of making themselves feel good, and less about helping nature and feeding people. I'm sure they feel more of a man doing this.
    I'd love to see them go against a mad elephant, without the protection of a gun.
    jucamer likes this.

I agree, Dragonlady. I'm not against hunting, but that photo of a grinning Donald Jr. holding the cut-off elephant's tail while the animal lay dead (and tail-less) was grotesque. It's one thing to kill an animal because you have to eat; it's another to take pleasure in snuffing out a life for ego.
    Shoepie, jucamer and Jaceegirl like this.

+ Reply to Thread