+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Celeb Apprentice 5 (aka Season 12)

Re: Celeb Apprentice 5 (aka Season 12)

Whooooooooo, this is ugly.

STILL don't think Victoria's going anywhere, though.

Gotta give it up to V for how cool she is.

Maybe she learned that at her daddy's knee.

ETA . . .

I think Cheryl just cut her own throat.
    Last edited by ness; 02-19-2012 at 10:57 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I must say, Cheryl looks great.. work aside.. for her age. She is pushing 65. I feel that Gotti is dead air, the mob jokes are already old! Aubrey O'day is still a huge twit. Debbie Gibson needs to crawl back under her rock and take Adam with her.

That being said, I have to give Lisa some credit, shes not as bad as I figured she end up being... so far. With the exceptions of Sr., Adam, and Clay.. i love the men's team.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Appears to be a fabulous cast of Egos!! which should make for great viewing entertainment.
    Guess I'm interested in seeing Cheryl Tiegs, having gone to high school with her. Nice to see that she's not an emaciated overly-plasticized older woman, like some past models/actresses are. I see differences in her, meaning some plastic surgery but she still looks normal. Guess it makes me please to see someone with a little "middle age spread" from a really thin young model...makes her look normal...(am not implying that she's fat.)
    To me, Cheryl Tiegs' face showed definite signs of a facelift, Botox, and fillers gone very, very bad! She can barely smile. Good heavens, why did she do this to herself?! And why didn't she sue the doctors?
    Uncle David likes this.

Not as bad as Debbi Gibson's botox......
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    Not as bad as Debbi Gibson's botox......
    Gibson looked terrible, really really bad.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I thought that was a pretty solid premiere.

Men's team:

My early favourites, and there are five (!) which is about three more than usual, are:

Clay: I have just always loved Clay. He's such a goofball and I am quite impressed with what a good huckster he is. He seems like the kind of guy who can talk when he needs to but also knows when to clam up (the boardroom). Is it me, or as he has gained weight, is he becoming K.d. Lang's twin brother? lol

Penn: Smart guy. He should be careful though, it will also make him a target if he's not careful. The guy must have connections though. Like, Vegas ones. With money.

Adam: Hilarious. He really had some of the best lines of the night... along with,

Arsenio: I don't remember Arsenio being that funny before. Maybe it's the company he's keeping, it just makes him stand out as funnier.

George: George is possibly the only person on the planet that can talk in first person and I don't mind. He's funny when he doesn't mean to be funny. He's just awesome... and I'm glad that Trump wants to keep him around.

As for the rest, none really offended me much, except Paul picking on George got under my skin a little... but it was an unsuccessful bully, so no harm, no foul.

The women:

I liked:

Lisa: I like a person who can balance cutting wit with kindness and sweetness. Good for her.

Patricia: She did a great job leading her team and really has a heart for her charity. I could see her doing quite well on the show, but she won't last because she doesn't seem to have the connections.

Victoria: I thought I would hate her, but I actually thought she was pretty great this first episode. I'll give her a break on the phone calls because there was only evidence of one personal call that we saw. I also love how she told Patricia not to fall apart in the boardroom. Her support of Patricia in the boardroom was surprising as well.

Most of the rest I'm kind of unsure on though Debbie didn't impress me much and Aubrey REALLY got under my skin with her declarations of being the most recognizable woman. Please. I didn't have a CLUE who this woman was before I looked her up.

My feeling is that it is actually Cheryl who is the most recognizable. I don't blame them for sending her home though. Cheryl seems very low energy and (having seen her recently as judge on True Beauty) she really comes off as dippy and a bit of flake, (a sweet flake, but a flake all the same) so maybe not such a great asset to the team. Especially if she isn't going to be using her contacts to raise money for the team. She was probably the perfect choice to send home because she is weak in challenges but an individual threat for her her ability to raise funds. And given that she was eliminated without too too much drama... that totals up to a pretty good episode for me.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    My feeling is that it is actually Cheryl who is the most recognizable.
    I think it depends on the age of who's looking. Cheryl is the most recognizable to me, but then I am over fifty. I would imagine that those under thirty are more likely to have absolutely no idea who she is, but would recognize the chick with the overly red hair (I have no idea who she is).

And my two favourites thus far: Lisa and Penn.

Least favourite: Senior and Gibson. I will have to say this about Big Red - with Gibson going on and on ad infinitum re: her musical abilities, Big Red did actually sing better than her. I was hoping that would shut Gibson up, but apparently she lacks self awareness.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I think it depends on the age of who's looking. Cheryl is the most recognizable to me, but then I am over fifty. I would imagine that those under thirty are more likely to have absolutely no idea who she is, but would recognize the chick with the overly red hair (I have no idea who she is).
    You're right, there is definitely an age gap that is making the difference. My only contention is that everyone over 30 knows who Cheryl Tiegs is, and a lot of 15 to 30 year olds know about Aubrey... but my 13 year old had no idea who she is... and she follows her music pretty well. Unless Aubrey can put together a really hot cd soon, she may only end up being known for being in a girl group that fall apart fast.

Least favourite: Senior and Gibson. I will have to say this about Big Red - with Gibson going on and on ad infinitum re: her musical abilities, Big Red did actually sing better than her. I was hoping that would shut Gibson up, but apparently she lacks self awareness.
    Totally. Aubrey did sing better, though singing better than Gibson? Not that great of an achievement. Kidding, word is, she is a pretty talented singer, but hasn't made the best career choices so far though.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

spockwhat, you and I share almost all of the same favorites.

Penn, Clay, George, and Arsenio are my favorites of the guys, and I knew them pretty well prior to the show (well I mainly knew Arsenio from Martial Law), and I like Patricia and Victoria so far, too. Adam, however, imo, can leave soon.

FORT Newbie

Victoria Gotti (the Blonde Apple Person, love it) is 49? Rubbish! She's got to be every day of 59, and when she smiles, she's a gargoyle. Trump went way over the top with all the stupid Mafia jokes, but Victora cant protest much, that's how she came to be a "celebrity," riding on John Gotti's infamy. Gotti must have left a lot of money if Victoria runs in Trump's circles.

Miss Whoever Twitter Person...not impressed. You famously got fired one time, I look forward to Trump firing you. Soon. Whatever little bit of 'celebrity' you've scratched out has gone to your big ol' bouffant head.

I think Teresea Guidice is completely out of her element here.

Clay Aiken has a more engaging personality than I thought. Arsenio is going to be fun. Penn's a good bet to win. Lots of interesting personalities on the men's team. Paulie Sr...well, he's old school, not a Hollywood kinda guy. He's a big deal in his world. I thought he did well with his team-they had the better sandwich, they won the challenge. Anybody else think he himself was the big donor? Are they allowed to do that? I thought he muttered, I'll do it myself if I have to.

I enjoyed all the comments people made here. This is my first time commenting on this show.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

+ Reply to Thread