+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Final Task *** Winner takes all 5/22*** Spoilers

Re: *** Final Task *** Winner takes all 5/22*** Spoilers

I'm loving this performance by John, Marlee and the kids.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

This song is cheesy, and to balance things out, John is an infant. Wah! He called me boy!
    I don't know man I don't know man I don't know man I don't know I don't know

This is a beautiful song and to have Marlee and the students signing is wonderful and so moving (my daughter has a speech disability and when she was young we used sign before she had speech)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Deutscher View Post
    I don't mean to be insensitive to the "worlds" problems, but with all the American children without food, homes, shelter, etc..etc...I think Americans need to focus on Americans first.

I love Marlee, but I don't want all that charity money going to africka.
    Well, not all the kids St. Jude's serves are from the U.S. either. I have no idea about Marlee's charity, but I wasn't under the impression it served one country or continent more than another. I thought they just chose the African footage because she happened to have visited there recently with her charity.

Love this song, and love that Marlee and her deaf choir were included. So great!

Love how they all raised their hands instead of clapping -- sometimes even something that comes from Donald Trump can be sweet! Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Deutscher View Post
    I don't mean to be insensitive to the "worlds" problems, but with all the American children without food, homes, shelter, etc..etc...I think Americans need to focus on Americans first.

I love Marlee, but I don't want all that charity money going to africka.
    I completely agree ! St Jude's does wonderful things and I think it's sad that Marlee will probably win this thing. Trump has said too many times of how she is the first to raise a million dollars when actually he donated to balance to make it a million dollar win. It was her team that got that money by getting donations for the paintings. She hasn't shown the leadership or creativity but she will be named the "winner".

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by grapenuts View Post
    OMG, the little girl saying Mama for the first time, I'm bawling here.
    Seriously.

I think this has been one of my most favorite Celebrity Apprentice seasons ever - if not my most favorite.

The reason is the heart and soul of people like John Rich, Meatloaf, the breaking of barriers with Marlee's deafness, the relationship between John Rich (white country boy) and Lil John (black rapper), etc.

Plus the cast of side characters was pretty entertaining too. I thought the women's team was pretty weak when initially announced but I enjoyed all of them except the Playboy bunny girl (yawn fest) and Dionne Warwick (hate to say it but no up to the show - and a prima donna to boot).

Everyone else was great to watch.

Mostly I love the emotion from JR and Marlee - and that fact that both their charities are children oriented.

I do think Marlee will take it, however...and for lots of reasons.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    I'm loving this performance by John, Marlee and the kids.

I really liked the end when people signed applause from the audience. It was more appropriate, really, given the quiet nature of the song and the fact that it had been signed as well as sung.

I think both charities are great and all, but every once in a while, when I watch a show like this, I wish a celebrity would choose a charity that benefitted the elderly rather than children. Don't get me wrong. I think it's great that people support charities that help kids, but I think it's important for people to live out the last years of their lives in comfort and dignity too, and I think sometimes charities that deal with that get ignored just because people don't like to think about the inevitability of getting older. Or dealing with those one loves getting older.

And yeah, I volunteer at a nursing home/assisted living complex, so I'm biased.

I love how expressive ASL is.
    I don't know man I don't know man I don't know man I don't know I don't know

+ Reply to Thread