+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: *** Final Task *** Winner takes all 5/22*** Spoilers

FORT Fogey

Re: *** Final Task *** Winner takes all 5/22*** Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Jose left because his father was very ill and not expected to get better. He passed away shortly thereafter (not sure on the exact timing).

They didn't show whether JR was responsible for the Def Leppard timing snafu or not, but for a guy that earns his living doing stage shows, I found it really hard to believe he could screw that one up. I think he was accepting the blame because it was his task. I have no idea who was at fault.
    Thanks!

FORT Fogey

Did anyone else think David Cassidy looked like an idiot? He felt vindicated because Richard Hatch was in jail? Richard Hatch isn't in jail for "pushing" David Cassidy. I thought his joyous reaction was so weird. It made me think he was a little out of his mind.

WOO HOO

I'd said John Rich was going to win and I was really glad to see that he did.
    I thought Marlee was OK, but far too many times, she seemed to throw team mates under the bus and not stick up for them. Also, I think she too often allowed others to handle the project management of the tasks when she, herself, was the PM. Marlee should have been let go the week that Star was. I don't like Star at all, but Marlee was the PM who abdicated her duties, then did nothing to defend Meatloaf, who did HER job, when he was being attacked by Star.
    The name of the the playboy model, by the way, is Hope, not Holly.
    Trump didn't address her or Niki Taylor doing the finale. I figured he'd go for the more over the top personalities, though.
    Yes, Nene is a bit much, but she didn't deserve that comment by Star that she picked on the black women. Nene picked on everyone. Star just likes to stir the pot with stupid sound bites. This one, however, was way out of line, even for Star.

I think this was my favorite season of CA. I liked JR from day 1. Nice to see a truly nice human being land the job; albeit a quasi-job!

As far as St. Jude's, I've had experience with them and have never known them to turn away kids - even kids with minimal hope left. I think they're a terrific charity.
    Loved the John Rich song and the signing and the signing applause. This was an extremely well done finale, IMO. It was also my favorite cast on the show with enough whackos and over the top personalities to make it fun.
    I also was glad to see LaToya come out looking as well as she did. Who would have ever expected that from this show??!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    Did anyone else think David Cassidy looked like an idiot? He felt vindicated because Richard Hatch was in jail? Richard Hatch isn't in jail for "pushing" David Cassidy. I thought his joyous reaction was so weird. It made me think he was a little out of his mind.
    I think it's the idea that Hatch kept saying Cassidy wasn't doing his job and was a poor fundraiser and blaming others and the like... but Hatch is not doing his job by not paying his taxes, blaming others for not paying them, etc.

So I think it's more ironic long term.

Never mind Cassidy probably felt vindicated knowing Hatch too was a poor fund raiser.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    The name of the the playboy model, by the way, is Hope, not Holly.
    OH... sorry. Thanks for the clarification. It does sadly prove a point that she was forgettable.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I found the finale rather boring.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    Yes I did. He would have been a bigger man (pun intended) had he responded differently.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Yes I did. He would have been a bigger man (pun intended) had he responded differently.
    I thought Cassidy looked as wimpy as he did on the show. I was glad to see him go.

I was completely satisfied with the outcome of the show last night. I pulled for John Rich from Day #1 and he didn't disappoint. The man is dedicated, smart, creative, and doesn't take crap from anyone. I applaud how he handled himself through every situation. I'm a huge country music fan but have never been a fan of Big & Rich. Just totally not my style of music. His win opened my mind to HIM but that doesn't mean I'll start to listen to the music!

That said, I learned things about others this season as well.

Lil Jon is creative, funny, and very smart. I think he suprised a lot of people, me included. It's amazing how we stereotype by someone's look. I'm not into his style music so I had never heard of him, but I learned to really like and appreciate him.

I'm not missing anything by not watching any of the Real Housewives shows if Nene is any indication of this form of entertainment.

David Cassidy is A) shorter than I expected and B) boring and lazy. Kinda makes me regret the years that my bedroom wall was covered in David Cassidy Tiger Beat posters. What a worm.

Meatloaf, in his own way, is just as wackadoodle as Gary Busey appeared to be. From crying one moment to screeching obscenities the next, let alone the rambling and the crazy ideas... makes me wonder if 18 concusions = one motorcycle accident.

Star Jones is an attention seeker. She was NOT in this for charity. She was in it for the fame and for the exposure. She can preach charity all she wants, but the fact that she made sure her book jacket for Satan's Sisters was a full screen shot in the weekly intro spells 'in it for the wrong reasons' to me.

LaToya isn't as stupid as everyone thinks she is. She found her voice quite a few times and I think she would have done better in the long run if she had been listened to early on.

Gary Busey is not crazy. Gary is odd, Gary is in his own world, but I think he played a part in this season. I think he was 'acting' the majority of this whole thing.

Marlee can fundraise, but she's not a leader, and she didn't do much all season but assist others. She might be a tough cookie, but in my opinion she didn't deserve to win over John Rich.

Dionne Warwick surprised me... I had no idea she was such an arrogant snob.

Hope, Lisa, Niki, Richard Hatch and Mark McGrath had no chance at all.

And one thing I did notice about last night's episode... they never really told us WHO the 7up execs liked better!? They said 'one can stood out' but unless I missed it we never found out which one? They also didn't get into the commercials or the displays. Personally, I thought Marlee's commercial was odd and overdone with Richard's, LaToya's and Meatloaf's 'parts' and that the whole 'bubbles' thing was odd. I LOVED the 80's commercial, I thought it was innovative and fun, but they didn't pick apart the final task as much as I thought they would have. If that task had been in the 'regular' boardroom I think we would have heard more specifics!

FORT Fogey

The 7 up guys liked both cans and both commercials and said they would run both. Now they may have said they will run both only referring to either the can or the commercial. Hope I cleared that up for you.

+ Reply to Thread