+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: *** Final Task *** Winner takes all 5/22*** Spoilers

Re: *** Final Task *** Winner takes all 5/22*** Spoilers

I would support Trump just handing the show over to Ivanka, or at least getting rid of the two sons. She's very incisive, but they don't bring much of anything.
    I don't know man I don't know man I don't know man I don't know I don't know

Well, that was an awkward and abrupt ending, but what else should we expect from Trump? He got lucky that he had some very exceptional people on his show this season. I loved both the final two.

Another favorite moment: Nene and Star get into it again, and LaToya is just sitting there giggling. I ended up really enjoying her.

So glad I didn't have to see Dionne again. Bet she didn't like what people had to say about her nasty attitude.

Loved the season and ending John was the whole package this season and was so deserving and so was his charity. Trump made the right decision!
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes View Post

So glad I didn't have to see Dionne again. Bet she didn't like what people had to say about her nasty attitude.
    Did they ever say were Dionne was? And what about Jose? I was surprised too that they let Nene come to the final after she quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    That was my thought exactly. I don't mind that John won, as I had picked him as a likely finalist early on, but when Trump said he was going to do something different and then just announced the winner....well, what's different about that?
    Watching tonight, this is my analysis on what was different - he really couldn't fire either of them because going by fundraising - both were extremely close, and at or nearly at $1 million. To say one was fired really would just seem unjust, so he just named a winner.

There is a chance that he ends up matching Marlee's amount to John's new total - $1,225,000, but he didn't say that. Unfortunately the way they handle this show's season finales does not help out in cases like this.

BTW - I think and am glad John Rich won this. I felt he was the most deserving, and humble when he screwed up with the mistiming of Def Leppard's appearance. The song to Trump was a little OTT, but if you're going to embarrass yourself, I guess doing it in a self-deprecating way like that then going and using your skills to adapt was deserving.

I was disappointed in 7Up deciding both cans would be on store shelves - I think John's was much more interesting and eye catching than Marlee's.

Quote Originally Posted by susanr342 View Post
    Did they ever say were Dionne was? And what about Jose? I was surprised too that they let Nene come to the final after she quit.
    Jose may still be in mourning for his dad's loss, and didn't want them to reair the footage of him quitting and have him be pressed on the information. Yes, he has his issues; however, that would be a subject that could be too sensitive. (mind you I do not know a lot about his personal life beyond the steroids and a couple of other issues).

Dionne surprised me as to why she was gone - I have no idea, and - sorry for being a bit tactless, she's still with us so it wasn't that. It could be medical, but I would think Trump would mention that.

Hatch - I'm not upset he was missing. I know some will say that Cassidy was a total jerk for saying what he did about Hatch and getting what he deserved, but I have to say I agree with him. Hatch really can't say a lot about Cassidy when he refuses to pay his taxes on every reason under the son.

And Nene being there? - three words - Star, catfight, ratings.

FORT Fogey

I missed a few things. Would anyone be willing to fill me in on the following?

Why did Jose leave the show?

Did John Rich really screw up on the Def Leopard timing? I must have been getting coffee during that event. Are we sure it was John who screwed up? From the parts I saw, it appeared as if John was more than willing to accept the blame - assuming it was his fault. But was it?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I missed a few things. Would anyone be willing to fill me in on the following?

Why did Jose leave the show?

Did John Rich really screw up on the Def Leopard timing? I must have been getting coffee during that event. Are we sure it was John who screwed up? From the parts I saw, it appeared as if John was more than willing to accept the blame - assuming it was his fault. But was it?
    Jose left because his father was very ill and not expected to get better. He passed away shortly thereafter (not sure on the exact timing).

They didn't show whether JR was responsible for the Def Leppard timing snafu or not, but for a guy that earns his living doing stage shows, I found it really hard to believe he could screw that one up. I think he was accepting the blame because it was his task. I have no idea who was at fault.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fogey

His statement that he was going to do things differently was really odd. If he just meant he wasn't going to fire the runner-up, he should have added that. I kept waiting and then it was over. Was someone talking in his ear and he forgot? I don't think he's a fast enough thinker to have decided to choose both and then change his mind. It all happened in 5 seconds. If it wasn't live, I would have thought it was an editing slip.

La Toya was great in the commercial and I think season-wide, she got a good edit. Star got hardly any attention tonight. And he never even addressed Holly or Nikki.

To answer the last commenter on why Def Leopard wasn't there when JRich announced them, it was because it was only 6:40 and their contract said they'd be there at 7 and no one checked that. Star had a sheepish look on her face when someone asked if anyone checked. I wonder if that was her job, to check the contracts? Good thing JRich was a singer or it would have been really bad news.

I didn't have a favorite but I found John Rich a little pushy at times this season, and arrogant about his wordsmithing abilities. I thought Meatloaf had the most heart and Little John was the most likable and talented at presentations. And Gary Busey is, I think, crazy like a fox. He plays it well, but he's far too articulate when speaking long sentences to be demented.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    I agree, but I also think other factors come into play:
    People incorrectly assume that insurance, medicare, medicaid will take care of everything and/or that the elderly and their families have assets to cover.
    Also, crass as it may sound, there is often the feeling that elderly people are on the way out vs. children just beginning their lives.
    Assuming that insurance, medicare, medicaid etc. will take care of everything is, as you pointed out, a huge misconception, especially with so many states now making cuts in medicaid in order to help balance budgets.

And yes, it's incredibly crass to assume that older people are just on their way out (and I'm just agreeing with you--I'm not implying that you believe that) and thus aren't as important as children. For one thing, they may, in fact, be very important to their children and grandchildren, but beyond that, everyone deserves to live with as much dignity as possible, including older people. And, as I've often said, if we don't work to improve the living standards of older people, we will have no one to blame but ourselves when we get to that point and the services available to us (or those we love) aren't what we'd wish them to be---everyone, even kids, are only headed one of two ways: death or old age, so we all ought to be concerned with those issues too. We never see anyone playing on behalf of hospice organizations either (though the late Harmon Killebrew, God bless him, did spend the last decade of his life speaking out on behalf of hospice care and visiting the elderly and dying, not knowing that he would eventually need hospice care himself).

As I said, it's certainly not that I'm opposed to charities that help children. I just get tired of the fact that charities that target other completely worthwhile causes often get far less attention unless they somehow tie their cause to children (e.g. we should take care of the environment for the sake of the children--how about we just do it because it's the appropriate ethical thing to do?). Somehow, when that happens, it makes me feel as if kids are just being used as cute props to get adults concerned about what they should be concerned about anyway.

+ Reply to Thread