*** 5/15 show ****spoilers

FORT Fanatic

Re: *** 5/15 show ****spoilers

bye bye lil jon.

FORT Fanatic

bye bye meat.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by autumnsessence View Post
    bye bye lil jon.
    Awwww....I was hoping (despite the odds) for a John /Jon finale. It really should be a John/Meatloaf final two (if you go on PM wins), but I'm afraid Trump will want a man/woman finale. I like Marlee - but Meatloaf would be a lot more interesting to watch.

Edited to add: Dang! That was fast. Well, we all figured it would be John/Marlee.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

...and now its ON!!!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fanatic

wow meatloaf...........i thought we were working on our anger management issues.

FORT Fanatic

i love the previews for next week..............def leopard a no-show? wow.

FORT Fogey

I am wondering if it is not a no show, but the only way they could do that drum thing is if it is just the drums with a recorded beat since the stage issues and such leading us to believe it is a no show.

I still have a problem with Marlee being in the finals, but I knew it since the first show it was a sure thing. Aside from her money raising, she has not done anything. I knew she would pick Meatloaf because she knew that he and Lil Jon had the lighting and directing talent, and Lil Jon was gone. She has no skills at organizing or keeping on track, and her idea pool is limited. John Rich is a superstar at this stuff. It is easy to see that he is a hard worker. He also mentioned at least a dozen times about his charity, and is in it for them. Marlee only mentioned hers one time when referencing the boombox and the fact that her charity involved the deaf community.

I think John Rich has the best team, and I think overall he is the most motivated and organized. I also like to see a little passion come out in him, and as long as he can quell it, it makes him look even more motivated.

LaToya and Richard are basically useless, and not much help to the team. However, I think if Marlee would actually lead, she did have them saying some important things, but she lets someone else lead the show. Her fundraising skills are not worthy of her being in the finale.

I haven't watched the past two weeks (just the last 15 minutes or so last week to see Star go home). So far it's turning out as I knew it would, with J.R. and Marlee in the finals. Hope J.R. wins hands down. I'm finding it hard to watch for three hours at a time. That's not a reality tv show that's a mini series. I hate that Lil' Jon goes home because of the interview process. This show has so many holes in it that it's not even funny. I watch because it's a complete train wreck, but not at 3 hours a pop.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Wow - it was such a good show last night, I'm surprised to see so few posts! Was everyone else watching the Survivor finale?

Interesting that every single one of the final 4 agreed JR should be in the finale. But who didn't? I think everyone here who ventured a guess put JR in the finale. It was always a matter of who the other person was.

I loved, loved, LOVED the 70's and 80's retro themes! Right up my alley! But this stuff all occurred during my teens and early 20's, so I'm the perfect demographic for it.

Marlee's Team: First of all, it cracked me up that Marlee kept skipping over Star. I was actually hoping she'd be picked last, but next to last was almost as satisfying. But it just goes to show that Marlee did not think of Star as an asset. I think MeatLoaf is a great guy, and sometimes has some great ideas. But some of his ideas were, as Richard said, rather cheesy. Richard in that afro wig (or clown wig), looked ridiculous. If they didn't show MeatLoaf the boombox container compared to what they ended up with, they should have. The 2nd idea looked better, and Marlee was wise to stand up to him. She is the PM after all. I thought their can design looked great! But I have not been impressed with their promotional ideas. If they got Geoffrey Holder after all, then that would be a HUGE help. Using him was a fantastic idea. If they didn't get him, their promotion doesn't look like it will have any substance at all. Oh, except for MeatLoaf dressing up like he did in the Paradise by the Dashboard Light video. That was too awesome!!!! Where did he come up will all that stuff???

JR's Team: What a great team he has! Luckily for him he got Mark back. Also loved their can design. The can designs for both teams is a draw, IMO. Both are excellent. What's up with Lil Jon? I understand being worn out at this point, but it's almost the end - he needed to really kick it in just a little longer. Unless they're editing it to fool us, it looks like this is in the bag for JR. He has smart ideas and a sharp team. I loved the idea to use Dee Snider. If anyone is wondering how in the heck a guy like JR got to be pals with somebody like Dee, Dee was one of the contestants on the first season of JR's reality show, Gone Country. Dee is quite the trooper. I wonder if JR tried to get anyone else but couldn't - maybe due to conflicts or too little advance notice. Other 80's singers who were on Gone Country were Bobby Brown, Carnie Wilson, Sebastian Bach (who won season 2), Taylor Dane, George Clinton and Sheila E (season 3 winner). However, I will say that Dee would be the one who would be most recognizable.

For next week - it's too hard for me to believe that JR would introduce Def Leppard if he didn't think they were ready to take the stage. Either he had words with them or their manager, and he thought everything was OK, but it wasn't, or it's a misleading edit (my recording is gone, so I can't review it). Or - what would be funny to real 80's fans - maybe they're lost backstage, and can't find their way to the stage, a la This is Spinal Tap. They'd have to have some way of showing that they were wandering aimlessly, trying desperately to get onstage. I can't remember what else was in the preview.

NBC's website has a vote for people to choose either the 70's or 80's. Not really sure if it means anything.

So, I take it we'll see the recorded show through the promotion, then they'll take us live (or nearly live) for the results?
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 05-16-2011 at 09:58 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast