+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: *** 5/15 show ****spoilers

Re: *** 5/15 show ****spoilers

Nope, not reverse at all - at this point JR is the clear 'winner' over Marlee, much the same that Annie was the clear 'winner' over Joan. I just hope that history doesn't repeat itself and Marlee takes the win away from John as Joan did to Annie In my mind, this is John's to lose.

Unfortunately, my local channel ran Survivor in place of The apprentice so I didn't get to see Sunday's show - but from what I've read L'il John kinda blew it - but I don't think Trump wanted him in the F2 anyway and would've found any reason to fire him. Just like he fired Carol Alt for no reason other than he wanted to see Piers and Trace fight to the finish.

Once Starr left I was happy with anyone remaining winning - but when I look back over Marlee's history vs. John's - John gets the edge over Marlee. Her huge fundraising for the Art Task seems to be eclipsing all the other not so great stuff she was involved with.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Nope, not reverse at all - at this point JR is the clear 'winner' over Marlee, much the same that Annie was the clear 'winner' over Joan. I just hope that history doesn't repeat itself and Marlee takes the win away from John as Joan did to Annie In my mind, this is John's to lose.
    Thank you for the clarification, and going by what you're saying, hopefully that's why there's so much negative going on with JR's project and Marlee's seems to be going well. That may mean the reverse is true.

Unfortunately, my local channel ran Survivor in place of The apprentice so I didn't get to see Sunday's show - but from what I've read L'il John kinda blew it - but I don't think Trump wanted him in the F2 anyway and would've found any reason to fire him. Just like he fired Carol Alt for no reason other than he wanted to see Piers and Trace fight to the finish.
    Only thing he didn't say was that he didn't name himself as who he'd pick as being in the final two to the businesses. It was indeed lame, because humbleness tends to be a good thing. Plus, he also rectified it in the board room.

Meatloaf was not going to be in the final two - even if he aced the interview - because of the week prior's fiasco that Marlee let him just do it instead of taking responsibility as PM.

Once Starr left I was happy with anyone remaining winning - but when I look back over Marlee's history vs. John's - John gets the edge over Marlee. Her huge fundraising for the Art Task seems to be eclipsing all the other not so great stuff she was involved with.
    I agree here on all accounts - and sadly that about $386K difference will probably be the difference - not the final task.

(BTW, I found it quite funny that Annie still raised more than Joan even after she won the show )

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Only thing he didn't say was that he didn't name himself as who he'd pick as being in the final two to the businesses. It was indeed lame, because humbleness tends to be a good thing. Plus, he also rectified it in the board room.

The other thing is, I think the way they worded it was "Who do you think WILL be the final 2?" Or something along those lines. Not "Who do you think SHOULD be the final 2?" I could be wrong, but I remember thinking that he answered it according to how it was asked. What he should have done was clarified the question. As it stood, I think most thought John and Marlee would be the F2.

FORT Fogey

I knew as soon as the cast was revealed that Marlee would be final two. I think in order to sway these bigger stars to do this much work, even for charity, he has to guarantee something. Marlee is a bigger star than he normally gets so I just had that feeling.

The other spot was up for grabs, and I think John went for it and earned it. I really and truly think that a lot of these celebrities are contracted to play roles or only go so far on the show for dramatics and than one is guaranteed a final two spot with a possible win, and than there are a few that are going in blind to gain the other spot. It just seems more and more rehearsed and structured the last few seasons right down to the annoying witch on the women's team Starr, Mahsa, etc to the irritation of the unfocused man Gary, David, etc. I do not know if Mark Burnett has always been involved, but if not maybe his influence is what is doing it.

In the last week, my 2 favorites have been eliminated from AI, and the only celeb on DWTS that I liked was also eliminated. The way my luck is going, JR's probably not going to win CA either.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    The other thing is, I think the way they worded it was "Who do you think WILL be the final 2?" Or something along those lines. Not "Who do you think SHOULD be the final 2?" I could be wrong, but I remember thinking that he answered it according to how it was asked. What he should have done was clarified the question. As it stood, I think most thought John and Marlee would be the F2.
    regardless of how it was worded he should've said that he would in the F2.

Imagine if in an interview someone asked you what makes you the best candidate, and you said "maybe i'm not"? kinda the same thing.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    regardless of how it was worded he should've said that he would in the F2.

Imagine if in an interview someone asked you what makes you the best candidate, and you said "maybe i'm not"? kinda the same thing.
    I agree - that's why I said he should have clarified the question. But he still could have just gone ahead and answered it as you said.

I'm going to guess that Lil Jon hasn't had to go on very many job interviews!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Hi Buckeye. You remember correctly. Piers did word the question that way, but then he told Trump that Lil Jon said that Marlee "should" be in the final, which was not accurate. Lil Jon did not say that, unless things were edited out that we didn't see. He is a smart guy and very astute. So when Piers asked him who "will" be in the final, he knew that the big money makers always have an edge. I would have liked to hear the whole interview. It is possible that he said Marlee "will" be in the final, but then clarifed that he "should" be. We will never know.

But having said all that, judging from Lil Jon's lack of energy and motivation in the final task, maybe he was at that point completely spent and was glad not to be one of the final two.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make – it affects the people around you – it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

I am still chuckling every time I think about when John was talking about Star saying she wanted to go out with him if he wasn't married and then the picture falls off the wall behind him. Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know they are saying that Marlee raised the most money but wasn't that 1 million dollar mark the whole teams effort? Does anyone remember how much of that she herself raised?
    John's team on that one raised over 600K and he had raised like 95% of the amount himself so if it turns out that he raised the most individually wouldn't that make him the better fundraiser?

FORT Regular

imo the best fundraiser was David Cassidy...
    Come on! who doesn't remember that lonely $1,000 check?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast