+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: *** 5/8 show ****spoilers

Re: *** 5/8 show ****spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by autumnsessence View Post
    marlee should be the one gone. she allowed the trainwreck of a commercial to happen. Marlee has been seriously coasting and seems to be getting a pass for
    no good reason.

You might be right, but Marlee raised the most money during her first stint as PM which meant she wasn't going anywhere. JR has raised the most money for the guys team. So there is your F2. You raise the most money you stay on the show.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    Meatloaf is on my last nerve. All the charities are deserving of the money. He should have gone home after his blow up and melt down with Busey. Why he's still here, is unbelievable. I think he's next on to go tonight. I sure hope so. John Rich for the win, he's been the best all season, raised the most money and is so level headed and intelligent.
    One minor clarification - John Rich is the top male fundraiser so far. Marlee still I think has the top amount raised at $1 million or so.

That said, reading here, am disappointed Nene quit; however, if Trump just moved her because Star told him to essentially (i.e. I can't work with Nene, so he moved her for that reason), I can see that as a fair ground to quit because it's catering to a particular player in a contest, and that is not fair (It also can eventually lead to the FCC finally regulating things things tougher).

This does not mean I agree with her actions in a lot of cases, but I can understand this case and agree with it.

Latoya, I'm not surprised she was eliminated. She's already been ousted before and didn't prove she earned a second chance.

As far as Star... can I say thank you that she's fired so we have a final four where everyone is deserving, at least partially, of the win.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    You might be right, but Marlee raised the most money during her first stint as PM which meant she wasn't going anywhere. JR has raised the most money for the guys team. So there is your F2. You raise the most money you stay on the show.

I think you may be right about the final two. First, as you pointed out, they have raised the most money. Second, if two people are going to be eliminated after the interview, I'd say both John Rich and Marlee might have an advantage there. Marlee has her theatrical training to fall back on, and interviews are kind of like auditions---you're playing a part to get a role. John Rich is confident but more low-key than Lil' John and Meatloaf, and the interviewers might like that.

I'd say Lil' John has an outside chance of making it to the final two as well, but they might prefer it be a man vs. woman final, since they really didn't mix the two teams up much until the very, very end. Plus, Marlee can argue that she had to deal with an absolute train wreck of a team and still managed to raise a huge amount of money when she was PM the first time, whereas the men, especially once they got rid of Gary, had a much better time of it on their team. Lil' John could certainly make a strong enough case for himself--and I wouldn't mind if it were he and John Rich at the end, because they've been very strong players--but his style can a little more brash than John Rich's. Didn't they refer to it as over the top tonight? The interviewers might or might not like that kind of approach.

I don't think Meatloaf has a chance. The interview questions we heard at the end of the show--about his anger management issues and his blood pressure--make me think he's likely to lose out in the interview round.

There is no way I'm watching three hours of this borefest, so I just went ahead and spoiled myself.

Reading though this thread, it looks like Marlee screwed up. But I agree that she was not gonna go with her track record. I'll even go as far as saying that Donald Trump has his F2 all set with her and John Rich going to the finale.

I liked LaToya, so it's sad to hear that her second chance completely faltered. I expected it though, to be honest.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Well, that is the last time anyone will call Star "Young Woman."

Sad Nene quit. Although the idea that she quit on her charity is misinformed since it is her own charity that she has been championing for a while now. That's just like Trump to "fire" someone who had already quit. And he tried to convince her to stay too! Too bad she left at the beginning of the 3 hour episode. Darn! With Nene gone, Star went way over the top with her controlling ways. Nobody was really onto her game play and she manipulated her team into feeling really unsure about themselves. I think the only reason she was fired was because she didn't have the opportunity to argue. It is the same thing that happened with Richard Hatch. Trump made up his mind early and didn't give either the opportunity to save themselves. Star couldn't get a word in edgewise. Shock! While Star did outlast Nene, Nene probably feels vindicated because Star proved Nene's point in this episode. In case anyone doubted her.
    John Rich is a smooth character. He knows exactly what to say in front of Trump. The things he says about his competitors is pandering to Trump, I think, because Trump does the same sort of thing all the time. I doubt that he had tapped out all of his resources. Remember he passed up his rich friends for the first fund raising task and saved them for his own task. He also regularly holds his tongue when his teammates who he says are his friends make mistakes. I think that proves that he is not a team player and that he is all about himself. John Rich is not a sweet man. He is a crafty crafty guy. He's Star in cow boy boots but his country charm is the reason nobody suspects him of anything. I think this is the reason he will win. Marlee might stand in John's way since everyone loves her and nobody has really thrown her under the bus. But the fact that she was a bit under Star's control might mean she is too weak to win. I have been rooting for Marlee this entire time and I do think she has done the best so far. If John Rich is the jerk that he appears to be, he will probably deserve to win in the end.

FORT Fogey

Meatload forgot an important point in the boardroom. They/he had a picture of the box at the end of their commercial and Star insisted that the web address be there instead. He fought her on that for a short time then decided to shut up. That would have been a defining moment. As it turned out he didn't need that but it surprised me it slipped his mind.

I like Meatloaf even with all his drama.
    And that drama was ridiculous! There is something about him that makes me smile and want to hug him. He called his wife after the BR; I thought that was sweet and telling of their good relationship.

Wow. Star argues like a spoiled child. Who does she think she is to cut someone off like she did to Meatloaf? That was no discussion, that was Starr showing her ghetto muscles! And she was afraid Nene would bring her down to her level?! She is already there.

Nothing was lost when Nene quit; I cannot see any advantage had she stayed, including more money. I don't think she has connections that would bring in huge amounts.

LaToya, ah LaToya. She doesn't seem to be as connected as she might with her legacy. And what is up with not wanting to leave a message? Very odd woman. She is well liked on this board because she is soft, sweet and nice. I cannot deny she has those qualities but I just did not like her much at all. She did not ring authentic, to me.

I lost respect for Marlee last night. Her blind loyality to Starr and inability to see the huge problem that she is may have something to do with being deaf. Tone and timber of voice has to come through signing and some may be lost in the translation. But she was a poor project manager and I just cannot cut her slack.

I have to believe Trump saw this but clearly wanted Starr out of the picture. She does not posssess the qualities to be a leader or a team player in any stretch of the imagination. She is an irritant.

We could very well have a Lil John and John Rich finale. I would like that.

3 hours is way too long. Most reality shows reach the staturation point after 90 minutes.
    Last edited by shoepie; 05-09-2011 at 07:09 AM.

FORT Fogey

I am not up on my Jackson information, but why could LaToya not call on Janet or someone from Michael's estate to make a donation. It was afterall Michael's charity she was playing for. Also, how sad the Hiltons could not manage more than one thousand dollars for charity? That really spoke volumns for them I am far far from rich, but I think if it was a friend of mine I could have come up with one thousand dollars and this is the Hiltons.

Marlee drives me everloving bananas. I cannot see, other than the money raising, why she is still there. I think she is just a big name for the show, and he is using that.

John Rich is a class act. I do not see him as a jerk in cowboy boots or a crafty evil man in anyway. He is motivated, but he does not step on people to get to the top unless they are not pulling their weight. Lil Jon and he have proven that they can work hard, and produce could stuff when sick, tired, etc. They are both amazing men, and I can see why they succeed in life. They both deserve to be in the finals, and I hope Trump goes that way, but I see Marlee being there.

Starr was PM twice and never won. Why she was still there to this point was a miracle. She did nothing but arrange pictures on the computer each and every single task. She also screwed up Tracy Morgan's bit so badly, and I cannot believe that was not brought up.

I totally agreed with Meatloaf about the money issue. We get it Trump it is not the rules, but you brought LaToya back, you allowed John Rich to keep his so obviously the rules are flexible. I really see no reason to not allow the teams to keep their money. What drama is in that other than a person works hard for their charity, and their charity gets no money. I think that is odd since it is charity they all deserve it.

I also have a real problem with some of the stuff the executives bring up. No way no how is a commercial including the editing done that quickly with that small of a team. Of course there are going to be things like missing seatbelts and such. They are on a hugely unrealistic schedule and very low personnel. Plus we are talking about people that do not do these things for a living. I agree it was a blunder, but if it was a real commercial shoot, there would have been more individuals to work on, and catch those things.

I think Meatloaf got the shaft having to move teams. I think it is a tad unfari to have to move teams when you are winning. I hope that if there is another season that it is not men versus women again.

Lil Jon was called "over the top" last night probably because those OnStar guys were such a serious bunch. They have a product that is touted as a life saver so they wanted everything to stress that point. Possibly the reason they didn't like the humor attempt (besides, the cop-donut thing has been done to death). You can't blame Lil Jon for being over the top during any performance piece. It's what he's done-what is usually required of him. If you don't want that you have to specifically tell him that's not what you want. If you want it toned down they should have used the good ol' boy.The guys seemed to pack the most info in their commercial, and the use of the box sealed the deal.

Star didn't stop arguing with Meatloaf because she had the level headed response of not wanting to discuss the situation. She stopped because she knew the more that she talked the more she would sound like a big ol' liar. The way she tries to control and shut down a conversation that does not go her way is very telling, and I'm super glad that Trump gave her very little time to talk. I'm so glad that woman is gone, and yes, sadly I believe it will be John Rich vs Marlee. It should be the John/Jon showdown but that won't happen.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 05-09-2011 at 07:26 AM.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Meatload forgot an important point in the boardroom.

Omg...lol...Meatload!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

LOL! I read right past that one-too funny!
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread