+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: *** 5/8 show ****spoilers

Re: *** 5/8 show ****spoilers

No problem ... I just thought you were guessing.

So in one episode we lost Nene, LaToya, and Star. I would be happy with any of the remaining ones being F2, but I'm really rooting for John Rich and Marlee.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Whoa...didn't expect that one. Thought Meat was toast. lol Star thinks she got fired because she "didn't take control"..she messed up on the branding. She really is a control freak. Meat Loaf should go next! Looks like the F2 will be John Rich and Little Jon or John Rich and Marlee to me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Better yet, imagine asking her "Honey, why don't you do the dishes this time?"
    Just don't call her 'sweetie'.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Better yet, imagine asking her "Honey, why don't you do the dishes this time?"

Oh man! I am now understanding why, after taking so long to plan her wedding, her marriage didn't last very long!!

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes View Post
    Oh man! I am now understanding why, after taking so long to plan her wedding, her marriage didn't last very long!!
    Well, her husband left her for another man.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Yes! I can finally look forward to the finale. With no chance of Star winning, it's all good, even though it looks like she'll be back to 'help' one of the teams.

My hero tonight -- George -- for stating simply that Star should be fired, and the reason why. I guess it took a 100 year old man to lead the Donald down the right path.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Regular

Yes! The wicked witch is gone!

The branding was really bad. She lied about not being responsible for the the final screen shot of just the logo and web address. Meatloaf wanted to use the product box shot instead but Star insisted on her way. As we have seen the whole season you can't win an argument with Star. She's always right since after all she is better educated, refined and just a superior human being. Everyone except Nene and Latoya were afraid to challenge her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    Star wants people to treat her as an equal...but she talks down to EVERY single person that doesn't kiss her rear

Her comment about wanting people to treat her as an equal made me angry not because I didn't think she had a right, as a woman in a professional situation, to prefer not to be referred to by names like "sweetie" or "dear," but because she had told Meatloaf that she only argued with people who brought commensurate experience/education to the argument. Those aren't her exact works but they're a decent paraphrase--and that was not treating him as an equal.

Again, I would have had no problem with her declining to argue with Meatloaf, because she didn't think the argument would end up accomplishing anything, but for her to imply that she wouldn't argue with him, because he didn't have her legal training or experience aggravated me. For heaven's sake, professional people have to engage in discussions with people with whom they disagree all the time. Lawyers don't tell clients they won't discuss their defense with them because they don't have the same training the lawyer does. Doctors don't tell patients they can't seek a second opinion or discuss their treatment with them because they lack the doctor's medical training and experience. Teachers don't tell students that they won't listen to their objections about a grade because students aren't educational experts. If you're a professional person--and that's any kind of profession from plumber to professor--with a certain expertise in your field, you're almost constantly dealing with people who don't have your expertise and may not agree with you. You better figure out a way to have a discussion/argument with them or you're not really doing your job well.

When she climbed that high up on her high horse, I soooooo wanted her gone.

Oh, and I liked John Rich's comment about how both he and Lil' John may get stereotyped by the way they dress/look, and people might thus assume they'd never have a thing in common or be able to work together, and the show helped prove those people wrong. He didn't add this, but I suspect some people would also think a good ol' boy country singer and a rapper wouldn't be the brightest bulbs on the string either, and they've been proving that isn't true too. I do remember John Rich saying early in the season that people would probably underestimate him because they'd think he was just country dumb (or something like that), and he was going to show how wrong they were. He's pretty much done that.

He and Lil' John kind of remind me of a Celebrity Poker Showdown that featured Travis Tritt and Wanda Sykes. They'd never met before, but they started setting each other up for one-liners almost immediately and were hysterical together. At one point, Wanda suggested that they should team up and tour together and call it "The Broke-Ass Poor People's Tour," because their fans had that in common. She also told him that she didn't know him from anyone and couldn't name one of his songs, but she really liked him and could tell they'd get along. It was great fun to watch them flip comments across the table at each other like they'd known one another all their lives, when they'd just met. It was weird how similar their senses of humor were, considering how little they would seem to have in common.

I loved Meatloaf's response when Star told him "enough." He said, "Don't you cut me off. How dare you cut me off, young lady." It's about time someone had a rational exchange with her (Nene was just all about insults...) and put her in her place.

You go Meat!!

After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. -- Spock, Amok Time

FORT Fanatic

marlee should be the one gone. she allowed the trainwreck of a commercial to happen. Marlee has been seriously coasting and seems to be getting a pass for
    no good reason.

+ Reply to Thread